Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

Just to share, although I did not engage them, United Team Lifestyle was the top of our shortlist for IDs.

Upon recommendation by a fellow forummer (from both this forum and another car forum), I approached Lawrence from United Team.

At the first meeting, we thought that he looked a little 'fierce', but as we spoke to him and shared with him, he was very warm, accomodating and friendly and also listened very attentively to our needs and wants. From our interaction with him over 2 meetings, he gave us this impression that he is meticulous, looks at things in detail, and tries to understand our individual preferences and work out a practical solution and offers good ideas and suggestions to make a simple home much nicer while minimising additional costs.

Looking at their portfolio of work, the quality and standard is also there.

Price-wise, among all the IDs, he's not exactly the cheapest, but yet the price (based on ID standards/benchmarks and excluding contractors) is pretty competitive and reasonable. If not for budget considerations, I'd definitely have signed up with him. :)

Edited by adrian_john

Sorry. Do not really know how to use the reply.

We intend to get United Team to do our house. What is the advice would you think it can help us tp get a better price?

We just signed up with United Team. We did try to bargain but not much discount lor...but they throw in some more "FOC" things that's all. We are still in the mid of getting the final design out...

Btw, which id did u talk to ?

Sorry. Do not really know how to use the reply.

We intend to get United Team to do our house. What is the advice would you think it can help us tp get a better price?

noticed there hasn't been any comments since 2007.

i will highly recommend the female ID from United Team Lifestyle (at thomson plaza). she's very thoughtful and patient. we changed our design so many times but she patiently went thru with us and make recommendations. very very sweet lady thats easy to talk to and surprisingly very adept at working with contractors, etc. i thought reno process is very painful. but turned out to be quite generally hassle free. she coordinates everything and gets her people to touch up, etc without us having to request or push for it. we only check the progress once a week.

before choosing united team, i went to several other IDs including chew interiors and most will push for things that we clearly said we didn't want. :furious: obviously for profits reason cause those items have high profit margin like false ceilings all over the place with numerous downlights. or deliberately quoting the prices to match your budget (leaving out some things you asked for) then subsequently adding these back to increase profits (we know 'cause a friend engaged this ID in the end). if you are looking for budget, i don't think united team fits the bill (its not the cheapest of the quotes i got but not the pricest). but if you want quality work at minimal hassle at reasonable price, i highly recommend checking united team out. :yamseng:

I am thinking of getting United Team Lifestyles to do our house. What are the tips you would advice to get a better quotes from them?

i will highly recommend the female ID from United Team Lifestyle (at thomson plaza). she's very thoughtful and patient. we changed our design so many times but she patiently went thru with us and make recommendations. very very sweet lady thats easy to talk to and surprisingly very adept at working with contractors, etc. i thought reno process is very painful. but turned out to be quite generally hassle free. she coordinates everything and gets her people to touch up, etc without us having to request or push for it. we only check the progress once a week.

before choosing united team, i went to several other IDs including chew interiors and most will push for things that we clearly said we didn't want. :furious: obviously for profits reason cause those items have high profit margin like false ceilings all over the place with numerous downlights. or deliberately quoting the prices to match your budget (leaving out some things you asked for) then subsequently adding these back to increase profits (we know 'cause a friend engaged this ID in the end). if you are looking for budget, i don't think united team fits the bill (its not the cheapest of the quotes i got but not the pricest). but if you want quality work at minimal hassle at reasonable price, i highly recommend checking united team out. :yamseng:

Hi,

Can pm me too?

Thanks..

Can know what is the gal's name?

Edited by linksie

i went for the 2nd discussion quite some time back

will decide by mid may...but meanwhile i m not lookin at any other IDs liao

Hi Desmond,

Found this thread on United. Finally decided to go down yes'd. Walked into their shop, look look see see and was approached by a staff. Turned out that he was a partner of United. His name is also Desmond.

Chatted for a while about our budget, needs and some techincality of some reno materials. He took a look at our floor plan, and went thru some intial space planning. He said it was quite challenging as our unit was small and he wanted to do something to make it look spacious. He proposed that we give him some time, set up an appointment, and he will come back with a plan and intital quotation.

At this moment, we were quite happy as United is the first ID (after speaking to so many) that actually intiated to set up an appt with us (given our small budget and our plan not to have too much customisation and carpentry). They were also not pushy, did not tell us to pay $500 or $1000 to see 3D drawing unlike some superbrands ID firm. And so it is, will be meeting him up again next week.

After we left, he called me back twice to check on some details before he start to plan. So far, our experience with them has been a positive one although we have not seen their proposal yet.

Btw, how was your second discussion? Have you decided on them or still considering?

Hi all,

I recently went to Thomson Plaza and found this id whom i juz met today for the initial discussion. I am pretty impressed with the consultant there and will be meeting them next week again for the 2nd discussion.

But what i would like to find out here is

1. Anyone has used them as their ID before

2. Any feedback?

3. How is the workmanship

4. Is the price justifiable for the workmanship provided

Best Regards

Desmond.