Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ando Tadao

5RM Resale: Let there be light

Continue to fix one corner at a time; the kitchen is taking shapes day by day.

A small hack at the sink area, using Ikea shampoo dispenser as detergent dispenser and a 2 dollars Daiso soap dish to house my 3M scotch brite. 

04_Sink.jpg

04_Kitchen.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Door and gates are up!

I got my package from MyDigitalLock, fire-rated double-leaf door with laminate, mild steel gate, Nika door closer and 2x digital locks.

The installation staffs are pretty friendly and professional, no complain on the workmanship and quality of the components.

Recommended!

9BF98388-0E77-4782-BF5A-A842D9D223F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Cleaning...

Other than xiaomi robot, I am relying on these tools to carry out everyday business. Wanted to get the Muji combi mix n match initially but saw these at Daiso going at a fraction of the price, do decided to try this concept with Daiso, if it works well then may changr to muji next time.

974256AF-B0CE-42D0-95A2-1C1EE8753648.jpeg

Curtain

The blinds are up! That marks the end of the “hard” renovation, and the beginning of “soft” furnishing and decoration!

The blinds were supplied and installed by U Curtain Service, operated by a lovely couple, who takes pride in their work and best of all, competitive pricing! (According to them though, as I have not gotten any second quotation from elsewhere lol)

June @ 9138 1141

Facebook: U Curtain Service Singapore

Review:

I first enquired for their service before Chinese New Year but due to festive season June asked if I can wait until CNY is over before they could drop by for site assessment and quotation. So fast forward a few weeks and I have a nice couple measuring my windows, giving sound advices and lectures of life. I am not sure if their quotation was the lowest but I like the vibes and can sense that they are honest people who take pride in their work. In the end I signed for 4 roller and 1 venetian blinds.

The installation was done by June’s husband, a nice uncle who has tons of ideas and invented many small gadgets to facilitate his work, e.g. a ladder with many customized slots and magnet to hold screws, corner protectors, position templates, etc. He was tidy, clean and meticulous, being very careful while drilling and kept dust to minimum. When he is in the mood he would even share his life stories with you.

Overall, I find the products and services well worth the price. Recommended!

EC566736-B8A2-4DA5-90CE-BEB3492C4B6B.jpeg

0450C36A-1D94-4E50-803B-857713AA18AA.jpeg

Edited by Ando Tadao

• Like 1

Let there be wifi.

Wifi is up! Using M1 1Gbps broadband plan, Huawei ONT to Asus RT-1200G+ router, LAN out to Ubiquiti Unifi AP LR. Now every spot in the house has full bar with minimum 300Mbps wifi speed (checked with Speedtest)!

The Ubiquiti Unifi AP LR was brought from Lazada. So far so good. 

Next is to have my Philips Hue working in full action!

F1B05AE4-1FCD-4875-B438-36D8F4AC11FA.jpeg

The sofa is in! Finally the tv is at eye level. 

We initially wanted the Delaktig series so desperately, and went down to Ikea immediately once they are on display. My my the real deal  look super gorgeous! Unfortunately the aluminum essence doesn’t really match our overall theme, in the end we settled on the Flottebo.

I hope there will be a powder-coated white Delaktig in future.

23A86013-0A42-41B7-BAA1-67FAE7C180BD.jpeg

Edited by Ando Tadao

Throwback – Traffic Pattern

Back in design stage, one of the biggest consideration factor influencing my layout plan was the traffic pattern. I wanted to create a flow that is (1) non-intrusive to another inhabitant, and (2) minimum redundancy. The plan was to be able to access the study room from many routes, without affecting other activities, e.g. TV watching, dining, etc. It should be easy to unload and store groceries, books and clothes after shopping, and finally, a very smooth wake-to-work routine in the morning.

To achieve that, I have placed the sofa and dining table in the middle of the house, creating pathways all round. Also the placement of the TV enables us to access different areas of the house without needing to momentarily obstruct a view. A new pathway was created to the study room to minimize travel distance after book-shopping and daily book loan & return routines from the sofa, at the same time enabling interactions between couch potatoes and bookworms too!

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

Let there be light!

As promised, I have now got my Philips Hue working in HomeKit. Doing a few demonstrations here like the usual "I'm home", "I'm leaving", turning on ambiance light, saying goodnight. 

Next is to get my hands on a HomePod to complete the setup.

Edited by Ando Tadao

The Empty Study

It all began when my books started piling, on the floor, where stacks of books in curious formation turned my study into a labyrinth. Then there was this fine Sunday, over 29 degree Celsius; Woody Allen, lying uncomfortably on the floor, 2 inches away from "Kitchen Confidential", while I was furiously dusting away, said: "enough". So enough it is, I turned on my cellphone, rolled over to propertyguru, and started the beginning of the end.

3500+ books to be migrated, that was the mission, for I have already converted 500+ to Kindle. And quarterly dusting no more, I told myself; so, let there be doors.

From this:

7FD66DDE-3E62-4ED3-BDFF-F2DB9829D7F1.jpeg

To this:

29A4D21C-83D5-430A-AFE2-D75EAA2AAF39.jpeg

Edited by Ando Tadao

• Like 1

The Studlivedine room

Is now functionally complete, with the addition of a dining table and bench. The dining table, although serves only 2 individuals most of the time, has to be at least 180cm long, as it doubles up as work bench at times. It should be functional, hence the shape will be simple and the structure must be sturdy.

One could not imagined the level of difficulty to locate this no-frills oak dining table, most of the conventional furniture shops we went sell only fancy marble tops or cheaply made MDF panels. After months of searching, it came down to 3 final contestants: MÖRBYLÅNGA, Muji Natural Oak Table and Ethnic-Craft Oak Double Dining Table. MÖRBYLÅNGA would have mounted a tough fight should they come in 180cm variant with oak finish (only 140cm and 220 cm with walnut finish are available now), and after much consideration, Muji Natural Oak Table stood out as we planned to match it with another *cough* few *cough* Muji oak series in future.

658E8A37-79D8-45F7-B4B4-9AAFDA255664.jpeg

Edited by Ando Tadao