Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Who?

Daikin Air-con... Help

How much savings per month do you get from switching from non-invertor to invertor?

My friend just told me his family of 4 electrical bill used to be $160-190 per month, after switching to Daikin invertor aircon, it dropped to $120 per month. Taking $40 as average savings, I reckon in 3 years time, should break-even. Then it's savings all the way! Is that a good gauge, or is the actual savings actually much lower? I reckon if break-even point is around 2-3 years, then I might switch to invertor air-cons. Any help appreciated.

I'm thinking of buying a system 4 aircon. My usage is around 12 hours daily for one room only. Please help me to calculate.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How much savings per month do you get from switching from non-invertor to invertor?

My friend just told me his family of 4 electrical bill used to be $160-190 per month, after switching to Daikin invertor aircon, it dropped to $120 per month. Taking $40 as average savings, I reckon in 3 years time, should break-even. Then it's savings all the way! Is that a good gauge, or is the actual savings actually much lower? I reckon if break-even point is around 2-3 years, then I might switch to invertor air-cons. Any help appreciated.

I'm thinking of buying a system 4 aircon. My usage is around 12 hours daily for one room only. Please help me to calculate.

I got my Daikin system 4 non-inverter today from Allbest, cos most of the time its just 1 room that I will on aircon.

They are having promo before end of the yr, (9,9,9,18) for $2388 with premium package which includes some better insulation n piping.

can check the consumption of energy n eletrical cost here http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

Edited by firipy

That one call promo price? Few months back, the Daikin system 4 non-invertor was $2100+, I sign up with them at that time for Mitsubishi Starmex instead, weeks later during installation of trunking, the aircon technician said the Starmex model cannot fit through the winodw, tell us to take the Daikin one instead. So we told All Best about this, they charged $2288 (9,9,9,18) instead of the price we sign up for weeks ago. I felt abit cheated. Now after installation, the aircon is NOT COLD AT ALL. We've to get them down again this Wed to check on the unit. Overall expeirence with them is unpleasant, poor aftersales service, and poor workmanship.

Might as well get from Best Tech seriously, cos I believe it's cheaper. We took All Best thinking they give better specs. End up during installation time, the specs they gave were the EXACT same specs as what Best Tech was giving. Chey! And they had "valid" reasons for doing what they did despite writing down a different spec as stated in the agreement.

And Best Tech offered free gifts at that time too. Now, if I wanna opt for these 2 companies, I rather take the cheaper one, if you wanna take the risk with these companies. :good:

That one call promo price? Few months back, the Daikin system 4 non-invertor was $2100+, I sign up with them at that time for Mitsubishi Starmex instead, weeks later during installation of trunking, the aircon technician said the Starmex model cannot fit through the winodw, tell us to take the Daikin one instead. So we told All Best about this, they charged $2288 (9,9,9,18) instead of the price we sign up for weeks ago. I felt abit cheated. Now after installation, the aircon is NOT COLD AT ALL. We've to get them down again this Wed to check on the unit. Overall expeirence with them is unpleasant, poor aftersales service, and poor workmanship.

Might as well get from Best Tech seriously, cos I believe it's cheaper. We took All Best thinking they give better specs. End up during installation time, the specs they gave were the EXACT same specs as what Best Tech was giving. Chey! And they had "valid" reasons for doing what they did despite writing down a different spec as stated in the agreement.

And Best Tech offered free gifts at that time too. Now, if I wanna opt for these 2 companies, I rather take the cheaper one, if you wanna take the risk with these companies. !!

U mean they quoted the specs on invoice n yet they gave lower specs instead? The 1st hse my parents had uses a daikin n nw the current hse is fitting with hitachi (comes with the hse), my inlaws had sanyo for their old hse n current hse uses samsung. So far daikin is the only one that is best so far. No problems at all, the others that we used n am using has lots of problem......tink gotta do with the installation as well.

anyway my dad's fren is in aircon servicing line, he dun sell aircon thus we gotta buy elsewhere, can clarify with him b4 the installation wat to look out for.

I have a fren's fren who got from Best tech, end up she gave up the deposit cos they kept making her get another make instead when they claim there is no stock for that aircon they ordered.

It was cheaper at the fair abt 2 mths ago, the price went up ald. We still dunno when we are getting our keys then, thus din dare to commit. We have to get a aircon anyway, so after comparing All Best nt cheapest la, best tech cheapest but we dun dare try getting from them.

Like the plasma we eyeing on was so much cheaper during sitex in terms of promo with vouchers but now those promo at all the stores cant beat the price at sitex. As usual since we dunno when we get keys we din buy anything at sitex which we deeply regret.

The price doesnt really matter nw ald, jus worried abt the leakage or if the trunking will be ugly or nt. The $ damage involved with the leaks n ugly trunking is much more, Keeping fingers crossed!

Edited by firipy

Hmm..looks like we have been eyeing at the the same stuff, with the aircon and Sitex promo! LOL, I also feel sore about the Sitex promo, wasn't paying attention to it at all until the day after it ended! And this All Best .. I feel that we installed aircon but it feels like we never installed any! It's expensive and useless unless they fix it! Imagine...BRAND NEW aircon which is NOT COLD...speaks alot about their installation skills..and lousy workmanship...

U mean they quoted the specs on invoice n yet they gave lower specs instead? The 1st hse my parents had uses a daikin n nw the current hse is fitting with hitachi (comes with the hse), my inlaws had sanyo for their old hse n current hse uses samsung. So far daikin is the only one that is best so far. No problems at all, the others that we used n am using has lots of problem......tink gotta do with the installation as well.

anyway my dad's fren is in aircon servicing line, he dun sell aircon thus we gotta buy elsewhere, can clarify with him b4 the installation wat to look out for.

I have a fren's fren who got from Best tech, end up she gave up the deposit cos they kept making her get another make instead when they claim there is no stock for that aircon they ordered.

It was cheaper at the fair abt 2 mths ago, the price went up ald. We still dunno when we are getting our keys then, thus din dare to commit. We have to get a aircon anyway, so after comparing All Best nt cheapest la, best tech cheapest but we dun dare try getting from them.

Like the plasma we eyeing on was so much cheaper during sitex in terms of promo with vouchers but now those promo at all the stores cant beat the price at sitex. As usual since we dunno when we get keys we din buy anything at sitex which we deeply regret.

The price doesnt really matter nw ald, jus worried abt the leakage or if the trunking will be ugly or nt. The $ damage involved with the leaks n ugly trunking is much more, Keeping fingers crossed!

Both our parents used Daikin for years and it's working great. I also feel it's the installation that matters. Thus decide to pay a bit more for a recommended installer.

JS21, y nt u call them n complain, since 60 mths warranty. I will sure to make lots of noise till the regret selling it to me, heheheh!

Edited by firipy

Both our parents used Daikin for years and it's working great. I also feel it's the installation that matters. Thus decide to pay a bit more for a recommended installer.

Hi Jule,

How much you paid for the Daikin system 4? BTU as follows 9/9/9/18?

Hi Jule,

How much you paid for the Daikin system 4? BTU as follows 9/9/9/18?

mine was >4.5k as I took the new gas one, think the old gas one should be abt 4k. My config is 3(9000) + 1 20 i think. more than 18 for sure.

mine was >4.5k as I took the new gas one, think the old gas one should be abt 4k. My config is 3(9000) + 1 20 i think. more than 18 for sure.

Ok, Hxxx Txx qote me ~$3800 incl installation. Config 3 x 9k + 1x > 12k (cant rem).

Need to confirm the config again.

Ok, Hxxx Txx qote me ~$3800 incl installation. Config 3 x 9k + 1x > 12k (cant rem).

Need to confirm the config again.

include GST ? check whether that one using old gas or not. What BTU u want for ur living room will depend on your area.

mine is 3 X 9k / 1 x 21k (just checked)

Edited by jule

any reviews or comments on Coolserve's service and installation?

Also dunno whether to choose the misubishi or the panasonic one........looking for non-invertor system 3.

any comments?

I need advice for my compassvale EA unit too..

I've merge my masterbedroom with bedroom 2. Thus, i need to get for master, bedroom3, study & living. Anyone have suggestions for me? Should i opte for System 4 or System 3+1 or System 2+2?