Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Who?

Daikin Air-con... Help

My flat will be due for key colletion only in Sept/Oct so now I'm sourcing around for infos...may I know what do you all mean by '9+9+9+12'? Sorry if it's a dumb question...:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i think it's 2.7k they are refering to!

Myabe you can try Starmex system 4 (10+10+10+26), which i bought @ around $3.5k

hmm.. u mean S$3.5K with installation???

hmm.. u mean S$3.5K with installation???

Yes! You are correct! But the pricing i got was before GST increase.

My flat will be due for key colletion only in Sept/Oct so now I'm sourcing around for infos...may I know what do you all mean by '9+9+9+12'? Sorry if it's a dumb question...:D

That's the power of the airon blower!

For starmex series they come with 10/13 (bedroom) 18/22/26 (living room)

Thks for the explaination wng!

So if mine's a 4rm flat of 92msq and I'd like to have aircon for living room as well, should I install a System 4, System 3 +1 or System 2 + 2? What's the estimated price?

Anyone have any regrets about installing a Daikin so far? Reliable?

It's depend on how you use the aircon! If you switch on more than 2 or more unit for long hours. Then, it's wise for you to go for inverter (System 4) as it will definately help you save alot on the electrical bill.

Thks for the explaination wng!

So if mine's a 4rm flat of 92msq and I'd like to have aircon for living room as well, should I install a System 4, System 3 +1 or System 2 + 2? What's the estimated price?

Anyone have any regrets about installing a Daikin so far? Reliable?

I just bought the Starmex system 4 for my new house recently. It really helps to save on my electrical bill. You can consider getting (10+10+10+18/22) for your 92 msq flat

I won't be switching on the aircons daily n oso nt more than 2 units at any 1 time...even have oso once in a long long while...so I think non-inverter's gd will serve its purpose well...

Y did u favour Mitsubishi over Daikin?

I won't be switching on the aircons daily n oso nt more than 2 units at any 1 time...even have oso once in a long long while...so I think non-inverter's gd will serve its purpose well...

Y did u favour Mitsubishi over Daikin?

I do not favor mitsubishi vs daikin. A few friends of mine using Mitsubishi Starmex and recommend to me. that the reason why i bought starmex. i have been using for more than a month, so far so good.

update:

The air-con guy came over and saw the floor plan. No way to have the non-invertor system cos the distance from the latch to the study room is too far. Think have to fall back on the System 4 Invertor.

Quoted S$3,750 for the Daikin System 4 Invertor plus installation. Keep u guys updated after done up.

distance too long cant use non invertor? hmmmm...i am also getting a Daikin system 4 for my mansionette, non invertor (9+9+9+12) - 2 rooms and 2 lower level. checked with a few dealers, they say no prob leh.

the cheapest price i checked out was in carrefour.

The prices:

carrefour : 2675 (w/o posb everyday card)

2500 (after rebate with posb card)

Allbest : 2549

Hong Huat : 2550

Coolserve: 2814

Airrelated: 2650

maybe u would like to check with others?

hi all,

i wanted to get sys4 non inverter for my 4rm, currently my unit sys4 carrier... (15yrs at least). wonder any recommendations?

distance too long cant use non invertor? hmmmm...i am also getting a Daikin system 4 for my mansionette, non invertor (9+9+9+12) - 2 rooms and 2 lower level. checked with a few dealers, they say no prob leh.

the cheapest price i checked out was in carrefour.

The prices:

carrefour : 2675 (w/o posb everyday card)

2500 (after rebate with posb card)

Allbest : 2549

Hong Huat : 2550

Coolserve: 2814

Airrelated: 2650

maybe u would like to check with others?

I think he meant that for non-inverter, the trunking distance will have impact on the cooling. The longer the distance will mean that refrigerant will be more exposed to heat along the way n thus unable to cool properly.

Anyway, I gave up on the contractor. He made a big mess out of the piping and trunking and he actually turned up without proper tools! No ladder, no drill and always gotta borrow from my wet works contractor. I had to ask him to leave. :jawdrop:

I think he meant that for non-inverter, the trunking distance will have impact on the cooling. The longer the distance will mean that refrigerant will be more exposed to heat along the way n thus unable to cool properly.

Anyway, I gave up on the contractor. He made a big mess out of the piping and trunking and he actually turned up without proper tools! No ladder, no drill and always gotta borrow from my wet works contractor. I had to ask him to leave. :jawdrop:

I ordered my Daikin System 4 inverter (9+9+9+20) for about 4k..

It's about this price. No worries. :yamseng:

Actually another big shop was offering $200 cheaper but I choose the latter cos of good reviews on their workmanship.

Actually another big shop was offering $200 cheaper but I choose the latter cos of good reviews on their workmanship.

My rental place is currently using 1x system2, 2 x system1. I sincerely believe the bulk of my

electricity bill comes from the air con. I'm not so keen with Daikin air con.

I ever bought LG system4 for a 5rm flat in Sembawang. Got the unit from Gain Cxxx in Suntec City.

Bad Choice... installation was so bad that it was leaking for the first week.

Also bought Mitsubishi system 4 (inverter) from Hong Txx (IMM) which has already moved. Any idea where has they moved to? Used it for 2yrs so far, no problem. Pretty good workmanship & installation.

I'm still looking for a system3 (non or inverter) for 67sqm HDB 3rm flat. But i need a bigger BTU for my

living as I have extended my living into my kitchen area. Anyone has any recommendation?

Thanks!

My rental place is currently using 1x system2, 2 x system1. I sincerely believe the bulk of my

electricity bill comes from the air con. I'm not so keen with Daikin air con.

I ever bought LG system4 for a 5rm flat in Sembawang. Got the unit from Gain Cxxx in Suntec City.

Bad Choice... installation was so bad that it was leaking for the first week.

Also bought Mitsubishi system 4 (inverter) from Hong Txx (IMM) which has already moved. Any idea where has they moved to? Used it for 2yrs so far, no problem. Pretty good workmanship & installation.

I'm still looking for a system3 (non or inverter) for 67sqm HDB 3rm flat. But i need a bigger BTU for my

living as I have extended my living into my kitchen area. Anyone has any recommendation?

Thanks!

Hong Txx is at Jurong West, and there's a branch at Central and East too. You can find the addresses on their website.

Edited by jule