Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lfccta

Buying home appliances and sanitary ware from JB

Hi everyone,

As I will be renovating my new place pretty soon, gotta start sourcing for home appliances and sanitary wares.

Has anyone tried to buy home appliances and sanitary ware from JB before? 

I had checked out prices online, prices in JB/Malaysia is so much cheaper for the same product. Eg Grohe product and ceiling fan etc etc.

If anyone had done it before, can you all share how do you all transport the items back to Sg (esp bulker things like Oven and etc)

I am even looking at things like cassette aircon and wall air cons, but not sure how are we able to transport back to Sg

Appreciate it!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Lfccta said:

Hi everyone,

As I will be renovating my new place pretty soon, gotta start sourcing for home appliances and sanitary wares.

Has anyone tried to buy home appliances and sanitary ware from JB before? 

I had checked out prices online, prices in JB/Malaysia is so much cheaper for the same product. Eg Grohe product and ceiling fan etc etc.

If anyone had done it before, can you all share how do you all transport the items back to Sg (esp bulker things like Oven and etc)

I am even looking at things like cassette aircon and wall air cons, but not sure how are we able to transport back to Sg

Appreciate it!

You can actually shop in JB and choose those store with delivery to Singapore. I think nowadays most of the furniture store and sanitary ware store does provide this kind of services.
Of course they might surcharge you a little because going through custom would cost them the time effort , jam and even TAX from Gov for purchasing stuff "overseas" 

Those that do delivery into Singapore will need to add on 7% GST (Singapore tax but in RM) and  levy (depending on shop's volume, it can range from RM200 to RM350). Adding on all these still make the total cost cheaper than getting in SG. If you drive or even take the bus/train into JB, you can buy the smaller items like LED light bulbs, taps, toilet accessories, house deco. Singaporeans are allowed up to $600 worth of purchase without having the GST slapped on.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, AndreaLee said:

You can actually shop in JB and choose those store with delivery to Singapore. I think nowadays most of the furniture store and sanitary ware store does provide this kind of services.
Of course they might surcharge you a little because going through custom would cost them the time effort , jam and even TAX from Gov for purchasing stuff "overseas" 

I am renovating my home too and it is frustrating to note that some sanitary were are so much cheaper in JB.  Appreciate if you can share some of the shops that will deliver to Singapore.  Thanks