Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

hey all.

i know i have not updated long here. i just wan to tell u that my contractor has taken my money and stopped work. so basically, they cheated me.

i don't know if i can get the money back. i am hoping against hope but i know it's to no avail.

FH has been telling me not to cry and I know it's no use crying over this. i am angry at times and very depressed at other times. We both will just have to pick up the pieces and move on.

We're not stalling anything just because of them. Our plan now is to:

Get a loan somehow

Fix the house up but might not be what we envisioned it earlier

Go ahead with the wedding at the end of the year

If you want to know more on the company, please PM me. wish me luck in the future.

oh dear, that's bad. Did you try to seek any recourse from them or complain to casetrust?

Glad you decided to move on, don't let this dampen your mood for your wedding...i believe everything will be sorted out in the end...cheer up! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey all.

i know i have not updated long here. i just wan to tell u that my contractor has taken my money and stopped work. so basically, they cheated me.

i don't know if i can get the money back. i am hoping against hope but i know it's to no avail.

FH has been telling me not to cry and I know it's no use crying over this. i am angry at times and very depressed at other times. We both will just have to pick up the pieces and move on.

We're not stalling anything just because of them. Our plan now is to:

Get a loan somehow

Fix the house up but might not be what we envisioned it earlier

Go ahead with the wedding at the end of the year

If you want to know more on the company, please PM me. wish me luck in the future.

oh that's quite sad to hear.

I tot you have engage an ID?

she cheated you too?

If your claimsis less than $10,000.00,

can go small claim tribunal to see if they can help.

another alternative, try Case like wat Air has mentioned.

take it easy...

all will go smoothly for you.

thanks Air and koikoi. and yes, i meant the ID cheated me.. nt the contractor per say.

I've already tried Case but they couldn't help either. Even the police couldn't help.

we both feel that this is just a test for us and hopefully we will be stronger and wiser due to this issue.

Sorry to hear what happened. But jus wondering why couldn't they help? is there some criteria to be met before CASE can help? Is your ID registered under RADAC? If so, will reporting there helps?

hey all.

omg.. the co close down?

let me know if u need any labour help.. very broke oso so no $$ but can 'chu li'..

omg.. the co close down?

let me know if u need any labour help.. very broke oso so no $$ but can 'chu li'..

thank you Linda for ur kinda offer.

FH was suppose to collect money from her today but as usual, excuses. This was our last chance for her so we made a police report afterwards.

Now me just thinking about the money for the future.

thank you Linda for ur kinda offer.

FH was suppose to collect money from her today but as usual, excuses. This was our last chance for her so we made a police report afterwards.

Now me just thinking about the money for the future.

She's a freelancer or got renovation company? Can resolve through company?

hey linda. her company is sole-propreitor.

cookie. i paid her alot. so much that i dun wan to think abt it anymore.

hey linda. her company is sole-propreitor.

cookie. i paid her alot. so much that i dun wan to think abt it anymore.

oh dear. sorry to hear that. not sure how we could help too but we can 'chu li' like wad linda has said :P

you can try the small claims tribunal if the claim is not more then $10,000.

hope that it gets resolved soon.

so think it's less than $10k bah

if not oonik girl also no need so heart pain

well, if you need we can paint your place for you?

now nippon paint got promotion leh, 5litre can for $30+ nia

dun think going to an ID is a good idea, they are typically more expensive

then those really cheap ones i won't dare trust them :P

thanks guys. we did think of small claims tribunal bt they will follow the contract which is more than 20k. even if i wan to take back 10k also cannot, they say must follow contract.

today me and FH gg to discuss on the reno: wat are things to be done and the budget

next i guess is finding an id/contractor

U may wanna to try my contractor - Bo*n S*ew

I engage him in renovation work. I find him affordable and oh well, it is not beri designer style actually but not tat bad afterall.

And his after-sale service is still good. At least when my water heater spray snapped into two, he still help to rectify it even though we have made full payment and not acting as if since we haf paid in full, so BOCHUP us.

sigh. today's talk was not good. i wanted to just move on but everytime i suggest something to FH. he just seems to keep mum and i hate hate hate it when he does that. i dunno whether he agreeing to my idea or not.

this setback certainly has strained our relationship.

Dun be discouraged, let him know how you feel and how much you need his support now ya? Maybe he's very stressed and upset too jus that you are feeling more strongly on this matter thus he gotta keep all his feelings within him? So what are the things left to be done... prob can line out all the things to be done then work it out one at a time, probably the pple here can help with some cheap and good suggestions. Dun worry, you got our support ya, at least moral support for sure! Things will get better.