Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

my guess would be that your FH is feeling a sense of helplessness

most men want to protect their love from anything and everything

now this has to happen and he is helpless

he can't protect you from all the hurt and disappointment

that's why he is keeping mum coz he is really feeling useless that he dun have the money to just hire another contractor nor the ability to give you the dream home you want.

guess you two have to learn to give support to each other

treat this as a test to strengthen your relationship

like the saying goes - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :blink:

when all this is behind you, the two of you can look back and smile

jia you jia you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
sigh. today's talk was not good. i wanted to just move on but everytime i suggest something to FH. he just seems to keep mum and i hate hate hate it when he does that. i dunno whether he agreeing to my idea or not.

this setback certainly has strained our relationship.

Hi oonik grl, jus come to know abt ur mishap felt sorry for you too. :dunno:

Hopefully this is an obstacle that both of u can overcome, it may sound easy but that is life. We must be positive in it. :blink:

Cheer up Girl! :) And we hope to see ur new reno pics upload again.

Can pm me ur ID firm for my reference. And most impt if u need any help (eg. chu li) can count on me. :P

Hi oonik grl, just came to hear of your ordeal too.

Dont worry too much, am sure that if you are not dampened and remain strong, things will definitely work out fine. As with what the other forumers said, you have me and my partner's support too.

We can always help you out if you need. :blink:

Maybe you can PM me your ID as well for reference.

Edited by s&s

thanks again to all. i'm really overwhelmed by all ur support.

applefreak, guess u are rite. late last nite, we had a chat abt it. he's realli worried abt the mounting debts and what if he loses his job ? it'll be even worse.

an ID is coming over today to take a look at the damage done. do u guys think i should tell the ID the truth abt my money being stolen ? i dowan the new ID to think that he can take advantage of us easily.

s&s and Cantona7, i've already PMed u the details.

Oonik grl, really sad to read about your predicament and plight. Hang it there ok.

Sometimes, when we go through a new phase of life, there are always challenges along the way. If you persevere through it all, things are definitely going your way. They say when you are down, the only way to go is up.

Keep positive and keep telling yourself you and your partner is going to make it through this.

Never give up... if you need any help, I'm sure some of the forumers here can chip in a bit where ever possible :bangwall:

Edited by lin_stapler

thanks lin_stapler for ur encouragement.

today an ID went to our house to survey the 'damage' tat has been done. i'm hopeful. but i'm just concerned about the finance part.

should i just settle for this ID if it meets my requirements ? or should i scout ard further. i'm too tired to scout too many. the excitement has worn off apparently

Edited by oonik grl

Sad to hear about your incident.

I'm sure you are able to overcome this obstacle.

Good Luck ! Btw can you also pm me the contractor details for reference as well ?

Thanks ! :P

Hi Oonik girl,

Just came to hear abt ur plight. Dont b discouraged, ganbatte!:(

U may wan to consider doing smestuff urself, such as painting to cut dwn costs?

Maybe contractor will b cheaper, I can pm u my contractor details if u need....

If ur gonna sign wif another ID/contractor, rem to look at pymt schedule carefully. If ur nt comfortable wif it, can always chg e pymt schedule so dat it is in line wif the work stages. I changed my pymt schedule cuz I felt it was nt so safe to pay all upfront n my contractor was ok wif it.

Jiayou!:bangwall:

thanks all again for ur encouragement.

we're definitely thinking of dong the painting ourselves should it exceed the budget we set.

maybe oonik girl you want to consider holding a gathering for renotalk forummers at your place

then we'll all help you paint your place :(

kill two birds with one stone

Hi oonik girl, dun give up hope okay? Things will turn out better.....there are just times where there are little lessons to learn along the way. You will get through it somehow. Cheer up! :(

maybe oonik girl you want to consider holding a gathering for renotalk forummers at your place

then we'll all help you paint your place :notti:

kill two birds with one stone

That a good idea, please inform me if you need my help. !!

Err....for me is good to let ur existing contractor knw abt the issue and they are aware that u guy will be more careful, so they better be on the ball too. However is still depend how click u are with the new contractor, see whether u feel comfortable to share with them. :D

If you feel comfortable with the ID/contractor, no harm sharing yr plight. Of course, most will think that 'that's not my problem' but at least they are aware of the fear and worry you all have and will not take back when both of u are more careful in yr payments/decisions in the dealings with the new ID/contractor.

Communicate with yr FH more than ever. Communication is always the key in any relationships.

Without rain, there can never be rainbows. Look forward to the rainbow! :good:

Edited by LinDa