Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweetie76

Sublet Of New Flat

agent will not be fine b'coz they just provide a service

owner need to take up 100% responsible.

when tio fine then he will know.

HDB will not fine base on the rent he has collect. They will base on market rate X no. of mth X 2 (min)

no. of mth.. no the exact mth he rent out.

it start from the date he don't stay there till the date HDB caught him. Whether got rent out or not. HDB will not bother. (that's what I heard)

oh i see..agent no fine..then i be property agent better..still got commission :bangwall:

i really doubt hdb is gonna find out about illegal sublet, my fren NEVER stay in his new house before..i doubt HDB is so free to check on every household.he shd be quiet safe.. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh i see..agent no fine..then i be property agent better..still got commission :bleah:

i really doubt hdb is gonna find out about illegal sublet, my fren NEVER stay in his new house before..i doubt HDB is so free to check on every household.he shd be quiet safe.. :)

does he go and tell everyone that he sublet his flat???

if someone want to "hai" him.. is very easy one :notti:

Sometimes it's the agent who lied to the house owners. My father-in-law contacted an agent to rent out his rooms and this agent tried to pursuade him to sublet the whole unit by telling him as long as he got the flat for 5 years, he doesn't need to seek for hdb approval but it will still be legally done. My father-in-law believed the agent's words until my husband asked my friend who is a very experienced rental agent to make him understand the first agent lied to him.

Sometimes it's the agent who lied to the house owners. My father-in-law contacted an agent to rent out his rooms and this agent tried to pursuade him to sublet the whole unit by telling him as long as he got the flat for 5 years, he doesn't need to seek for hdb approval but it will still be legally done. My father-in-law believed the agent's words until my husband asked my friend who is a very experienced rental agent to make him understand the first agent lied to him.

if tio caught , this is not an excuse.

Owner can say.. agent mislead me.. but HDB will say.. why u didn't check.

unless u are elderly who don't know ang mo.. HDB might not give a hard time..

the rest.. hehe.. :bangwall:

if tio caught , this is not an excuse.

Owner can say.. agent mislead me.. but HDB will say.. why u didn't check.

unless u are elderly who don't know ang mo.. HDB might not give a hard time..

the rest.. hehe.. :bangwall:

I thot if he stay for >5yr, then he can sublet the whole unit..yeah..my fren was an agent..he told me, customer pay $$, so they just do as told..no need ask so much :notti:

I thot if he stay for >5yr, then he can sublet the whole unit..yeah..my fren was an agent..he told me, customer pay $$, so they just do as told..no need ask so much :(

what army say..

u can do whatever u want, just don't get caught can liao.. !!

excerpts from HDB website

'To sublet the whole flat, prior approval from HDB is needed. For subletting of rooms, no approval from HDB is required but flat owners must continue to live in the flat during the period of subletting and comply with other subletting conditions.'

so sublet whole MUST get approval

on the illegal immigrant issue, as long as the person you sublet the whole unit to is not illegal immigrant can liao. if he/she further sublet to others, the person who will be prosecuted is the sub-lessee, nothing to do with you. but you must prove that all along you are only dealing with this sub-lessee and have no idea that others are residing in your unit.

but then u didn't gotten approval from HDB to make the contract, thus the contract is invalid. I believe if illegal immigrants found, the owner will also be prosecute. Anyway, the owner will be liability for tax "owned" by the govt.

Flat Owners’ Responsibilities

As a flat owner subletting your flat, you will be responsible for:

making sure the flat is sublet to eligible subtenants only

making sure that there is no over crowding and that the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowed

making sure that your subtenants have entered and are remaining in Singapore lawfully at all times while the subletting is in force

making sure that your subtenants do not further sublet the flat to other persons making sure that your subtenants comply with all the covenants in the lease and the provisions of the Housing & Development Act and be responsible for all infringements committed by them

informing the Comptroller of Property Tax of the subletting, and HDB of any changes in the subletting

resuming occupation of your flat and ensuring your subtenants vacate the premises when the subletting is terminated or when you are no longer eligible to sublet your flat

surrendering the flat in the event that the flat is repossessed by the HDB

Edited by raincole