Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

guys, I was just helping some of you to buy the whole package. I am not a distributor or reseller leh. Not selling any parts lar.

as for the charger, it won't be a modded one. either the 110v or 240v direct from iRobot.

payment wise of course in SGD lar.

Has the 570 arrived? Pls update. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi tingshen, I'm interested in getting the 570. But have you clarified with the supplier about the warranty? Keep us updated. Thanks.

Hi all, the model is 570. The final price is $500. However, if you want to trade in the wireless command center, it will be $479. The wireless command center usually cost around $90. It's for you to remotely control the Roomba. 550, 560, 570 and 580 are all using the same Roomba main unit. 570 has wireless command center compared to the 560.

This model is currently selling at $399.99 in iRobot http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family

The catch is, it does come with a 240v power supply for local use. As for warranty, I will need to check with the supplier again. Deal is Cash during meet up. It's easier for me to deal in Shenton Way area or Redhill MRT, or some other places where we could arrange. As I am given limited stocks every week, it's on first come first serve basis. Those who PM me b4 will be in priority list. Please leave your contact number too. Already PM 3 guys for confirmation. I will be getting 2 units this Sunday morning. if things goes smoothly.

Here is the package details for 570:

1 iRobot Roomba 570

1 Wireless Command Center (http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2822978&cp=2842706&ab=OAS_IRBT%3ARoombaAccesssLP_500Series&parentPage=subcategory)

1 Self-charging Home Base®

1 Power Supply

2 Virtual Wall® Lighthouses

1 Brush Cleaning Tool

1 Replacement Beater Brush

1 Replacement Bristle Brush

1 Rechargeable Battery

1 Extra Filter

hi all, i'm very very sorry to tell you that I have to withdraw all the order. My supplier is really uncontactable. I hope nothing bad happened to him. In the mean time, I am waiting for another distributor to confirm the stocks, it's direct from US so warranty will be pretty clear cut. However, the price is unknown, will keep you guys updated once I have the info.

Hi tingshen, I am interested at just the basic model 510 or 530, possible to do a MO? $500 for 570 is out of my budget liao :(

Jus ordered my Roomba 530 and Scooba from Amazon :) cant wait to see it in action.

now undecided if i should mod the charger or get 2 x 100W step down transformer.

Jus ordered my Roomba 530 and Scooba from Amazon :) cant wait to see it in action.

now undecided if i should mod the charger or get 2 x 100W step down transformer.

Hi javabeans,

Did you use VPOST, COMSGATEWAY or BORDERLINX? May I ask how much did you pay for the shipping? Thanks.

Hi javabeans,

Did you use VPOST, COMSGATEWAY or BORDERLINX? May I ask how much did you pay for the shipping? Thanks.

I used Bordexlinx. Shipping Amazon to Borderlinx Free. Shipping borderlinx to SG based on 15lbs, est S$48.49.

Ordered on Sat but bordexlinx expected to receive today. Will give the actual value then.

I used Bordexlinx. Shipping Amazon to Borderlinx Free. Shipping borderlinx to SG based on 15lbs, est S$48.49.

Ordered on Sat but bordexlinx expected to receive today. Will give the actual value then.

Hi Javabeans, any update on arrival and final shipping charges? If less than S$50 sound reasonable leh. Thanks!

final shipping charges is S$49 value exceeds S$400 so hv to pay gst. wat did govt do to deserve tat gst leh?? no service no goods from sg wat. :dunno:

oh realize gotppl are selling at ebay too :bangwall:

Edited by javabeans

It's funny to ask this question:

"wat did govt do to deserve tat gst leh?? no service no goods from sg wat."

They did everything to give you a place to stay, that's already a solid reason for you to pay GST. Do you know that Singapore has one of the lowest GST in the world? One of the lowest income tax too....that's how Henry's team attracted foreign investors. And I'm not a Singaporean FYI. Never question your government, if you are not happy, vote them OUT! or join the opposition party and kick them out of office!

Anyway, ebay is selling at much cheaper price, try those accept "best offer" one. I got my Roomba 550 for USD250.

Edited by tingshen

final shipping charges is S$49 value exceeds S$400 so hv to pay gst. wat did govt do to deserve tat gst leh?? no service no goods from sg wat. :dunno:

oh realize gotppl are selling at ebay too :bangwall:

$49 is reasonable. Hmm....I'll try search around ebay too.

Anyway, ebay is selling at much cheaper price, try those accept "best offer" one. I got my Roomba 550 for USD250.

US$250 sounds tempting. How much did they charge for shipping? Did you ship direct or use one of those shipping agent?

It's funny to ask this question:

"wat did govt do to deserve tat gst leh?? no service no goods from sg wat."

They did everything to give you a place to stay, that's already a solid reason for you to pay GST. Do you know that Singapore has one of the lowest GST in the world? One of the lowest income tax too....that's how Henry's team attracted foreign investors. And I'm not a Singaporean FYI. Never question your government, if you are not happy, vote them OUT! or join the opposition party and kick them out of office!

wah i did not wish to bring politics into the picture. This really is more towards the stand tat gst applied in this manner is really more of a anti competition law to protect the local manufacturers. tat i can accept just tat calling it GST sounds weird. i am against the name but for the underlying fundamentals. being a sporean doesnt anyone a better stand to be pro or anti govt imho. so welcome to sg. u sound like u are constantly surrounded by negative sporeans to elicit such a strong response.

ya bargains always ard. hv to hunt ba.

US$250 sounds tempting. How much did they charge for shipping? Did you ship direct or use one of those shipping agent?

I can't remember the exact freight charges, but I think it cost around USD15 for domestic shipping and comgateway brought it over to my doorstep. Total damage is < $450.

wah i did not wish to bring politics into the picture. This really is more towards the stand tat gst applied in this manner is really more of a anti competition law to protect the local manufacturers. tat i can accept just tat calling it GST sounds weird. i am against the name but for the underlying fundamentals. being a sporean doesnt anyone a better stand to be pro or anti govt imho. so welcome to sg. u sound like u are constantly surrounded by negative sporeans to elicit such a strong response.

Not really. GST is GST. Whatever you consume locally, you have to pay for it. Be it taking exams, peeing in the toilet or throwing rubbish. If the item is exported again, then you can claim back the GST provided you're GST registered. It's just a way to prevent anybody from running away from the tax. U know in some other countries, they do not impose GST, so people siam tax like crazy through tons of loopholes.

the shop that helped me solder is further inside on 3rd floor. cant remem the unit though.. juz do like i did, walk around and keep a sharp eye out for soldering iron which is plugged in.

also i paid 10 bucks per PSU mod which exludes the capacitor. overall still cheaper than a transformer and confirm use less electricity :yamseng:

So I will buy the parts from elsewhere and then get the shop to mod.

Now, must I print out the modding instructions for them to follow - Necessary?

Thanks!