Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jaren

The Beginning Of J & J...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Jaren,

Space planning is very important as it will affect your walking space, lighting and electrical points. E.g. Do you need a light above your dining table. If you are engaging an ID, then he or she should be able to assist you. I got a contractor so have to be on my own, firstly I will compile all the specification of the furnitures that I am going to have and will use masking tapes to plot the space on the floor. This will help you to visualise how much space is needed for furnitures and the remaining space for you to move around. You can use coloured tapes or write something on the tape to differentiate things.

I remembered that I burnt midnight oil to plot the points using the floorplan and went to site the next day morning to continue with on-site plotting to ensure everything is right.

hi Jaren, maybe u can input ur floorplan for us to visual more? Also what is ur idea and where u want place ur stuffs?

floorplan2.jpg

This is my floor plan...

tink our MBR is the same size...

for my MBR.. the wardrobe is the first thing u see when u open the door.. like the no. 1 lor. opp. the wardrobe is my bed. liddat oni.. oni left a u-shape walking space. can't even put a tv!!

tink our MBR is the same size...

for my MBR.. the wardrobe is the first thing u see when u open the door.. like the no. 1 lor. opp. the wardrobe is my bed. liddat oni.. oni left a u-shape walking space. can't even put a tv!!

Thinkin of placing it opp yrs... like tat will haf bigger wardrobe... i think ba...

me doing the same thing as bluberi

but coz i have two BIG wardrobe, i had to change the way the door opens

considered many other ways but find that this is the only way

coz bed not suppose to be right next to door, not supposed to be under window, not suppose to see right out the door according to FS :sport-smiley-004:

coz bed not suppose to be right next to door, not supposed to be under window, not suppose to see right out the door according to FS :)

But even if i place like yrs, still got door leh, either way oso got door... Maybe buy string curtain to block it..

coz bed not suppose to be right next to door, not supposed to be under window, not suppose to see right out the door according to FS :)

applefreak is rite, according to FS.. better not sleep rite next to the door, under the window n beam. i boxed up the wall so dat i'll not be sleeping under the beam.

applefreak is rite, according to FS.. better not sleep rite next to the door, under the window n beam. i boxed up the wall so dat i'll not be sleeping under the beam.

Thanks for all yr advice... will try to tink of other alternatives...

Juz received quotation from Palace Reno by Mr Albert Neo(GM)

Decided on him...

Quotation:

1. To lay living / dining with homogenous tile with skirting - $1560

2. To overlay 3 bedrms with laminated flooring with skirting - $1200

3. To hack living / dining ceremic flooring & bedrms skirting - $700

4. To construct sink support with homogenous tile - $580

5. To contruct cabinet base - $280

6. To supply & install shower screen with kerb - $300

7. To supply & install 12ft kitchen low cabinet - $900

8. To supply & install 12ft postform top - $250

9. To supply & install 7ft wardrobe - $1200

10. To supply install platform bed with laminated finish - $730

11. To construct patition block at bed head area - $130

12. To run 2nos shelving beside wardrobe - $130

13. To change of stainless steel piping - $480

14. To supply & install 2nos aluminium bi-fold door - $360

15. To supply & install 1no of w.c - $200

16. Painting for whole house using ICI paint incl pipings & doors - $950

17. To supply & install platform for living - KIV

18. To supply & install window grills - KIV

19. Remove existing window grills - FOC

20. Haulage, debris removal & washing - FOC

21. HDB permit - FOC

Total: $9950

Finalised quotation will post next wk...

Hello Jaren-didi,

nv heard of this ID/contractor b4.. but the price seem unbelieveable cheap to mi (12ft kitchen cabinet at $75/ft) or izit coz my ID charge mi too exp liao ($120/ft). :good:

y not get solid top i/o postform?

Hello Jaren-didi,

nv heard of this ID/contractor b4.. but the price seem unbelieveable cheap to mi (12ft kitchen cabinet at $75/ft) or izit coz my ID charge mi too exp liao ($120/ft). :good:

y not get solid top i/o postform?

Tis id is m ex-classmate's uncle... he promise to charge mi lower than any other ids w/o getting inferior material... He company used to do oni carpentry work, oni started doing reno a few yrs back... tat y all carpentry work so cheap.. i think he charge cheap to attract more ppl to recommend...

Oni bad point is tat they haven recruit any interior designers... so u have to give him some idea to do wat u wan... more like contractor... but he say he going to hire a designer soon...

As for y i choose postform is bcos solid top are diff to maintain, will have scratches... Postform easier to maintain & oso more range... btw mine is not norm type of postform, higher grade type... feel like solid top... and oso i will contruct a sink support in my service yard... so cabinet area will be seperated from my sink... this way it will last longer and cost lower..

His carpentry workmenship is veri gd... but dunno others will be as gd... once reno done den i will recommend him to others... btw my fren house done by him, not bad seems...

If u all wanna do minor reno, can look for him..HAHA

i see, good lobang u haf there... i'm nt satisfied with my HHS feature wall... if tis contractor's workmanship good, next time i wan to change HHS feature wall u can recommend to me lor :thumbs up:

Juz received quotation from Palace Reno by Mr Albert Neo(GM)

Decided on him...

Quotation:

1. To lay living / dining with homogenous tile with skirting - $1560

2. To overlay 3 bedrms with laminated flooring with skirting - $1200

Finalised quotation will post next wk...

my homo tiles and laminated flooring costs so much more than yrs! looks like a real good deal u got there. :) did u ask wat size is the tile and up to how much psf type u can choose? and the laminated flooring what brand?

my homo tiles and laminated flooring costs so much more than yrs! looks like a real good deal u got there. :( did u ask wat size is the tile and up to how much psf type u can choose? and the laminated flooring what brand?

details quotation will discuss next week... i'll let u all know once i got it..

Btw wat brand will u recommend for homo tiles & laminated flooring?