Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
teohlj

Grass patch / pavement along road kerb

I noticed some houses along the neighborhood have grass patches replaced with pavement along the road kerb (see picture - the garbage bins are placed on what used to be a grass patch). I note this is public land, but wondering if these are solely decided and planned for by the authorities (seems quite randomly located), or is there a way for a home owner to make requests?

390A7AAE-8CD7-49A0-8EF3-F25D3213DA29.jpeg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

grass patch belongs to nparks or LTA. cannot suka suka pave over.

unless the original was already concrete and authorities converted some to grass verge then it's a different story.

last time landed estates normally have open drains outside the houses. so between the road and drain will be either concrete pavement or grass verge. so chances are most of them were concrete before so that pedestrians can walk.

sometimes if the road is very narrow, they leave them as low concrete kerbs so cars can park over them. i'm sure there are considerations on what to change to grass or concrete and not random selection.