Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
peachpeach

step by step guide for inter terrace

posts kept getting hidden

PE will cost more than 3k. high tens of low to mid twenty thousands

you also need to cater for RTO fees (a few thousands), topo survey fees and PUB and/or SP services fees if you need to relocate or upgrade water meter or electrical supply.

Edited by snoozee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

depends on whether you are redoing the entire house's electrical, plumbing and sanitary or not. assuming you are redoing everything, 100k may or may not be enough for the plumbing and electrical sub-contractors.

do note that you still need to set aside a sum for light fittings and sanitary fittings.

electrical contractor may include light switches and power sockets in the contract but this would be limited to the basic (aka cheapest) range of switches and sockets. if you want designer stuff which costs like $50 per switch, then it's separate quote.

sanitary fittings can also run up to a few thousand dollars. a WC can be a few hundred dollars and you need to buy multiple which total to a few k already. if you are into those brands like toto, roca, duravit, hansgrohe, etc, be prepared to spend more than 10k on sanitary ware

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

posts kept getting hidden

PE will cost more than 3k. high tens of low to mid twenty thousands

you also need to cater for RTO fees (a few thousands), topo survey fees and PUB and/or SP services fees if you need to relocate or upgrade water meter or electrical supply.

Me too. Posts keep getting hidden

The forum is deterring real posters. 

30k to re do electrical 

plumbing is about there too. 

Hi snoozee,

1. How do I determine if I need do redo all the plumbing ? I would Guess the contractor will want me to do but just how do I know if it is a necessary step ?

2. For subsequent viewing, is it ok and normal to bring in more than 1 builder to view the house and give a quotation later ? 
3. if I were to speak to the neighbours, what are some of the good relevant qns that can help me ?

If your house is more than 20 years old, it’s best to redo electrical and plumbing..

you can bring more than one builder but I suggest you avoid letting them come at one time. Not so nice..

Pete has mentioned that best is change the plumbing and electrical if house is old. 
reason is because the materials may deteriorate over time. Eg: a water pipe valve may not be leaking now. But after you turn off and on since it has not been used for so long, the valve may start to leak so you will need to change it

If you have already signed and excercised the OTP, you can arrange for builders to go in to see, subjected to convenience of the seller also. Else not nice to keep bringing people in if nothing has been signed. 

no point taking to neighbors since each house is different