Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peachpeach

Near a power box

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would say best not to buy a house close to a power substation as it is normally cheaper, brings adverse unknown health condition. Thats what I am told when I purchased my house.

If you are talking about overground electrical distribution boxes, don’t think there’s any health issues compared to high frequency signal towers

not sure about the fengshui part though. 

anyway in landed estates, overground boxes are common. If you are so particular about being near one, then could be hard to buy a house unless you go to GCB areas

Edited by snoozee

Hi snoozee how common are these above ground power boxes ? Every 10m will have one ? And does it affect future valuation ? Do people generally avoid ? I haven’t heard of such unlike those signal towers like you mention

lets just say in the street where i'm staying now, there are 7 overground boxes within a 1km stretch of road. not to mention at the junction within a 10m radius, there are 3 of them. you can go to google maps to check on your area and see how many boxes there are

honestly, this is the first time i'm hearing about concerns about these boxes. these boxes are there to provide power to be distributed to the houses. for example, if your house is currently on a single phase power supply and you wish to change to a 3 phase power supply, SP services will find a nearby overgound box which still have enough capacity to run the power cable from the box to your meter compartment.

An OG box is just a T joint to tap power off the existing power grid cable underground. There is no transformer inside. If the neighbourhood OG box is all fully used up, powergrid will put up another OG box at their discretion.