Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mskikkeh

Change from System 3 to 4

Hi all,

Currently, I’m using Fujitsu system 3. But i would like to change to system 4. I want aircon in the living room. Currently we rarely use the other 2 units of in the 2 other rooms.. Is it possible to add system 1 in the living room?

Mine is a normal 4 room BTO unit.

Please advise me. Thanks all. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

you need to check whether your compressor can be used for a system 4 aircon or not. normally aircon compressor would be sized according to the amount of BTUs for each wall unit to be connected to. so if you have a system 3 aircon, you would most likely have a compressor which has enough BTU system 3. sometimes system 4 compressor is used in a system 3 configuration for cases where there needs to be more BTU being supplied for a certain room which has a bigger wall unit. but if you have this configuration, chances of adding another wall unit is slim as the total BTU may exceed the compressor's capacity.

best case is for you to install a separate system 1 unit for your living room instead.

disclaimer: above is based on my own research and understanding. best is to consult an aircon professional to ask and confirm.