Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enci

Spacious Planning @ Imm

Care to share some pics of your reno progress?

Do you have a schedule/deliverable list that both yourself & ID to follow along? Normally IDs will try deliver the work on time so that they can collect the progressive payments faster to paid to their workers.

So what are the reasons for the little carpentry to take 2.5mths as what you said?

"Loose end" as in rectification work?

Yep, there is hacking of half a wall. aot of carpentry work? NOT AT ALL ... just the kitchen cabinets, TV console and a build-in dressing table.

'If you told him over the phone and he still not get it right then you can demand him to go down onsite to sort it out." -- the thing about this is whenever i told him about any defects i found, he would say things like that, "Yes, i saw that too, and on top of that, i also see some other defects which you have not mentioned." HE SAW THE DEFECTS AND HE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING?! :notti:

my reno cost is about $30K++. Right now, the renovation is towards the end already. All major works have been completed. They are clearing the loose end now. :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Another thing which i would like to clarify is this service which most if not all ID companies provide - ID would go shopping with the customer to select their furniture. And by my standard, this includes sofa, dinning set, carpets, lightings, curtains, basin, taps and everything that would affect the overall design which is initially proposed by the ID. For my ID, he went "shopping" with us only on lighting, sofa and basin. And for these items, he would select one, at most 2 shops for us to view. so die die have to get something from those shops. whenever we requested him to come out shopping with us over the weekends, he would say that his company doesnt allow him to do so as the company wants him to stay in the shop to attend to walk-in customers. he would ask me to take leave during weekdays instead. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I paid for his "professional service" and he wants me to take leave to accommodate his timing?! So for stuffs like bed, dinning sets and carpet, we actually went on our own. what he suggest us to do was to take pics and mms to him. wahhhh ... like that he sibeh song leh. he sit in the office while we do the travelling.

May i ask the standard in the industry now? Are all other IDs practising this way too? :notti:

Before sign on the dotted line: everything can

After sign on the dotted line: all excuses come out.

That is the disadvantage owners are facing now!

Another thing which i would like to clarify is this service which most if not all ID companies provide - ID would go shopping with the customer to select their furniture. And by my standard, this includes sofa, dinning set, carpets, lightings, curtains, basin, taps and everything that would affect the overall design which is initially proposed by the ID. For my ID, he went "shopping" with us only on lighting, sofa and basin. And for these items, he would select one, at most 2 shops for us to view. so die die have to get something from those shops. whenever we requested him to come out shopping with us over the weekends, he would say that his company doesnt allow him to do so as the company wants him to stay in the shop to attend to walk-in customers. he would ask me to take leave during weekdays instead. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I paid for his "professional service" and he wants me to take leave to accommodate his timing?! So for stuffs like bed, dinning sets and carpet, we actually went on our own. what he suggest us to do was to take pics and mms to him. wahhhh ... like that he sibeh song leh. he sit in the office while we do the travelling.

May i ask the standard in the industry now? Are all other IDs practising this way too? :notti:

Yep, there is hacking of half a wall. aot of carpentry work? NOT AT ALL ... just the kitchen cabinets, TV console and a build-in dressing table.

'If you told him over the phone and he still not get it right then you can demand him to go down onsite to sort it out." -- the thing about this is whenever i told him about any defects i found, he would say things like that, "Yes, i saw that too, and on top of that, i also see some other defects which you have not mentioned." HE SAW THE DEFECTS AND HE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING?! :notti:

my reno cost is about $30K++. Right now, the renovation is towards the end already. All major works have been completed. They are clearing the loose end now. :good:

Hi Hunter

Any pic to show us?

One forumer over here experiences the same as you, kitchen cabinet terribly done.

Hi hunter,

1 month is a bit optimistic (for any ID firm) unless it does not required approval for hacking walls and it's a simple renovation. Most reno takes around 2-2.5mths. Did they say 1mth from start of hacking?

2.5mths just for carpentry work is a bit long. Was there a lot of special requirements and/or changes along the way?

If you told him over the phone and he still not get it right then you can demand him to go down onsite to sort it out.

What was your reno cost? What stage is your renovation now?

Cheers

'If you told him over the phone and he still not get it right then you can demand him to go down onsite to sort it out." -- the thing about this is whenever i told him about any defects i found, he would say things like that, "Yes, i saw that too, and on top of that, i also see some other defects which you have not mentioned." HE SAW THE DEFECTS AND HE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING?! :bangwall:

my reno cost is about $30K++. Right now, the renovation is towards the end already. All major works have been completed. They are clearing the loose end now. :bangwall:

Hi hunter,

1 month is a bit optimistic (for any ID firm) unless it does not required approval for hacking walls and it's a simple renovation. Most reno takes around 2-2.5mths. Did they say 1mth from start of hacking?

2.5mths just for carpentry work is a bit long. Was there a lot of special requirements and/or changes along the way?

If you told him over the phone and he still not get it right then you can demand him to go down onsite to sort it out.

What was your reno cost? What stage is your renovation now?

Cheers

not only her. i signed up with them at june this year and they told me that they would complete within 1 month. now its already oct and we still cannot move into the house. and when i wanted my ID to speed up his work, he would say"if you want me to speed up the work, i cannot guarantee the quality of the carpentary work!" ISNT THIS THREATHENING?! :dribble:

so after a very long wait (like 2.5mths), all the carpentary work has been completed. during my inspection, i cannot believe my eyes! basic capentary work like drawer alignments are totally out! and when i wanted him to come down to my house to go thru the details of the carpentary work, he said there isnt a need as i could just tell him over the phone. up till now, the carpentary works are still hanging loose!!

The first ID we talked to was Spacious. We happened to pass by when this lady approached us. Quite friendly at first and I like the fact that she was concerned about our preferences and our constraints so that she will be able to work around our choices. But at that time we were still unsure of what we wanted so she said she would get back to us in about a week to give us a rough quote.

It is more than 2 weeks now and no sign from her at all. :) Bad impression! :dribble: My other half says we could call her as afterall, he's good friends with her bro.

I was like ' :D '. Her service is poor period.

Perhaps it wld be a different story if another ID approached us. Hehe.

not only her. i signed up with them at june this year and they told me that they would complete within 1 month. now its already oct and we still cannot move into the house. and when i wanted my ID to speed up his work, he would say"if you want me to speed up the work, i cannot guarantee the quality of the carpentary work!" ISNT THIS THREATHENING?! :D

so after a very long wait (like 2.5mths), all the carpentary work has been completed. during my inspection, i cannot believe my eyes! basic capentary work like drawer alignments are totally out! and when i wanted him to come down to my house to go thru the details of the carpentary work, he said there isnt a need as i could just tell him over the phone. up till now, the carpentary works are still hanging loose!!

Hi I notice you use weiken.

How is their worksmanship?

And the price?

The first ID we talked to was Spacious. We happened to pass by when this lady approached us. Quite friendly at first and I like the fact that she was concerned about our preferences and our constraints so that she will be able to work around our choices. But at that time we were still unsure of what we wanted so she said she would get back to us in about a week to give us a rough quote.

It is more than 2 weeks now and no sign from her at all. :dancingqueen: Bad impression! :sport-smiley-004: My other half says we could call her as afterall, he's good friends with her bro.

I was like ' :sport-smiley-004: '. Her service is poor period.

Perhaps it wld be a different story if another ID approached us. Hehe.

i will post over the weekend ...

meanwhile anyone used or contacted with Spacious before ????

need feedbacks n comments from the vast ...

thanks alot

Hi I notice you use weiken.

How is their worksmanship?

And the price?

Hi enci, perhaps you can show me your quote from Spacious when we meet up for the DECT phones? I can help you with it and see if there are other missing items.

I've almost done with my renovation and Spacious was one of my last 3 shortlisted ID firms. I'd say their designs and concepts are very outstanding compared to others. But ... eventually I didn't engage them, I will let you know more when we meet. :)

i will post over the weekend ...

meanwhile anyone used or contacted with Spacious before ????

need feedbacks n comments from the vast ...

thanks alot

Please POST picture of your place...really want to see the marble you mentioned. How big is your place?

What was the quote that Spacious quoted you? Seems your budget is a bit tight considering you might hack & redo the existing marble floor and want your place to be modern & nice.

...but still not the feeling i wan ... hehe
Edited by lifestyle

So what is your budget?

Maybe best if you can post picture of your present place and let everyone give comments on the marble tile.

You can check out CRYSTALNG blog here which the design is very nice and modern.

I'm sure their portfolio are very good and most also featured in popular home renovation magazines.

25k - 30k

of cos wanna keep lower, better la ... as u said still need to buy lots of things

oh ,, crystal's design is very nice n modern ...

but still not the feeling i wan ... hehe

So what is your budget?

Maybe best if you can post picture of your present place and let everyone give comments on the marble tile.

You can check out CRYSTALNG blog here which the design is very nice and modern.

I'm sure their portfolio are very good and most also featured in popular home renovation magazines.

i am actually struggling whether to hack away the present marble and replace with those modern tiles or to simply polish and shine it ...

... I have seen a few of those photos of these ID firms u metioned but i just canot see any nice examples from the portfolios ..

.... can anymore kelvin's clients share with me their houses photos ?????