Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enci

Spacious Planning @ Imm

Hi Stay,

You mind to share with me who is the ID who you spoke to? And how is their quotation? Mind to email to me? I can send you mine.....just for some exchange of price comparision.

Not much of comment on Spacious Planner. Hope to get some feedbacks about them also......

Hi Hi

I'm also thinking of engaging Spacious (Tom), anyone has anything to share on this co and on this ID? Appreciate your kindness...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i just got a quote from Spacious Planner and it exceeds our budget. but we are very impressed with their proposed design..

enci, did u engage Spacious in the end? hope to get some feedbacks abt them :dunno:

Hi Stay,

You mind to share with me who is the ID who you spoke to? And how is their quotation? Mind to email to me? I can send you mine.....just for some exchange of price comparision.

Not much of comment on Spacious Planner. Hope to get some feedbacks about them also......

i just got a quote from Spacious Planner and it exceeds our budget. but we are very impressed with their proposed design..

enci, did u engage Spacious in the end? hope to get some feedbacks abt them :(

hi all ...

I am in the midst of considering Spacious planners at IMM for renovation of my old flat, anyone has any comments of them ?

I spoke to the ID Kenny, he is very helpful and i am very impressed by their simplicity modern design, i noticed that their drawings are all hand drawn not computer designed.

anyone got comments over their workamanship, design, and most impt their price :yamseng:

urgent ... need feedbacks

Hi Enci

I am new to this Forum.

Just happened to saw you post last year that you are considering Spacious Planners - Kenny. May I know whether in the end did you engage them? In fact, I am now sourcing for ID and I have went to a few ID. Spacious Planner is one of them and Kenny is the one who spoke to us. We find him nice and approachable. The following are the ID that we are making enquiry on quotation:

The following are, we give them our floor plan and they promise to get back 4-5days but till now already 2weeks+ never receive a single phone call -

1) Chew Interiors

2) Home Success

Very disappointed with them, they looked so established but end up this kind of service.

The next following have got back their quotation-

3) Spacious Planner

4) Urban Interiors

Personally, I don't like the ID of Urban Interiors because the person who serve us keep telling us that they are very different from the rest of ID so their quotation will definitely more expensive than the others. And somemore, also saying that their ideas have been always copied by others ID. Blah...blah....blah....I think this is sales-talk. Instead of focusing more on our requirements and concerns, he keep telling us stories. Sign......

Now, I left Spacious Planner as a consideration. But I don't wish to restrict myself with 1 choice on quotation. So I intend to source for 1 more as a comparision. Any recommendation?

The thing about this ID is this. Initially before i signed on the line, i specifically ask him on a timeline. He said he will work it out after i finished choosing the tiles. and before i proceed to choose the tiles, i must sign on the line. :sport-smiley-004:

Well, after choosing the tiles, i did mention about the timeline. His response was "I still have not submitted for HDB for approval, because we would be doing some hacking". He further explained that because the hacking period given by HDB would only be 1 week, therefore he did not submit it until the very last moment. And he said that HDB would normally come back only 2-3 weeks later! WTF! If he had known that, he should had submitted earlier rite!

This is the beginning of my nightmare!

Everytime i gave him a dateline, he would either say the workload for that particular month is too much, or he would threathened me by saying "I cannot gaurantee the quality of the work if you want to rush." For his former remark my thinking was "why the f*** should i be affected? if the workload is too much for, then jolly well employ more workers la. why should the customer face the consequence?" and for his later threat he made, i am thinking of reverting back to his boss. I didnt want to revert to his boss initially because i was afraid that he might do a sh*tty job for me. apparently, that doesnt make any difference. cause it still sh*tty now, in terms of response time, service level and carpentary work! :D

Hi Hunter, can you share who your ID is from Spacious planners? I was quite impressed with their design and professionalism, but want to avoid the unpleasant experience that you faced.

Managed to tok to their ID, design wise was impressive, not sure about their prices though.

*fingers crossed*

Edited by assirac

Hi I visited Spacious Planners and spoken to a lady ... quite like their style .... anyone has done their reno with them? pls share or comments....

Hi,

I have requested for a quote from Spacious before.

If you want to take a look at the quote, feel free to PM me. :deal:

Edited by ahberden

Anyone has any experience with Tom from Spacious Planners? I find him pretty good. But I'm worried about all the negative comments posted in this thread. Any advice?

I had met them as well n waiting for quotes, anyone has any reviews or experience with them, seems like they are not mentioned much in this forum.....

Agree with bro Cantona7. You might also want to ask your ID to don't get the commision from the furnitures shop and instead just minus from your purchase price :help:

Just tell the ID that you prefer he/her to come along to choose matching items to fit with the reno design...just said if you choose wrongly or clashes with the design ...how? :notti: Said not nice to show in forum.

If you drive, offer him/her a lift & go together...i'm sure they would go along with you on your shopping trip but you must prepared your homework by narrowing down your choice in advance in case cannot take pics.

Yes pics please :)

Hi Hunter,

Sad to hear ur bad encounter, my advise don ever go out shopping with ur ID cos they will get commission from the shopowner. So as well u go and take pics and show it to ur ID b4 take the order.

So have u completed ur hse reno and any pics to share with us cos we are earger to look at the design. :good:

Another thing which i would like to clarify is this service which most if not all ID companies provide - ID would go shopping with the customer to select their furniture. And by my standard, this includes sofa, dinning set, carpets, lightings, curtains, basin, taps and everything that would affect the overall design which is initially proposed by the ID. For my ID, he went "shopping" with us only on lighting, sofa and basin. And for these items, he would select one, at most 2 shops for us to view. so die die have to get something from those shops. whenever we requested him to come out shopping with us over the weekends, he would say that his company doesnt allow him to do so as the company wants him to stay in the shop to attend to walk-in customers. he would ask me to take leave during weekdays instead. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I paid for his "professional service" and he wants me to take leave to accommodate his timing?! So for stuffs like bed, dinning sets and carpet, we actually went on our own. what he suggest us to do was to take pics and mms to him. wahhhh ... like that he sibeh song leh. he sit in the office while we do the travelling.

May i ask the standard in the industry now? Are all other IDs practising this way too? :help:

Hi Hunter,

Sad to hear ur bad encounter, my advise don ever go out shopping with ur ID cos they will get commission from the shopowner. So as well u go and take pics and show it to ur ID b4 take the order.

So have u completed ur hse reno and any pics to share with us cos we are earger to look at the design. :)

Hi GUys,

I am meeting up with a ID from Spacious next week for my quotation. Appreciate if you can advice me which ID you guys are talking about that is "bad". Pm me.

Thanks.

Care to share some pics of your reno progress?

Do you have a schedule/deliverable list that both yourself & ID to follow along? Normally IDs will try deliver the work on time so that they can collect the progressive payments faster to paid to their workers.

So what are the reasons for the little carpentry to take 2.5mths as what you said?

"Loose end" as in rectification work?

The thing about this ID is this. Initially before i signed on the line, i specifically ask him on a timeline. He said he will work it out after i finished choosing the tiles. and before i proceed to choose the tiles, i must sign on the line. :dribble:

Well, after choosing the tiles, i did mention about the timeline. His response was "I still have not submitted for HDB for approval, because we would be doing some hacking". He further explained that because the hacking period given by HDB would only be 1 week, therefore he did not submit it until the very last moment. And he said that HDB would normally come back only 2-3 weeks later! WTF! If he had known that, he should had submitted earlier rite!

This is the beginning of my nightmare!

Everytime i gave him a dateline, he would either say the workload for that particular month is too much, or he would threathened me by saying "I cannot gaurantee the quality of the work if you want to rush." For his former remark my thinking was "why the f*** should i be affected? if the workload is too much for, then jolly well employ more workers la. why should the customer face the consequence?" and for his later threat he made, i am thinking of reverting back to his boss. I didnt want to revert to his boss initially because i was afraid that he might do a sh*tty job for me. apparently, that doesnt make any difference. cause it still sh*tty now, in terms of response time, service level and carpentary work! :dribble: