Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Any Of Yr Hubbies Work Very Late Every Day?

Wow....from Tuas to SK? I gather u need 3 hrs journey to and fro?

from SK to my office now .. 2 hr journey ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dbs lor.. now banking got very good pay for new hires lei.. coz turnover so high.. i old staff pay not good la.. must change job then can increase pay.. i guess u shld noe roughly how it works.. but i enjoy my work now and also taking a part time course, along with the renovation and son's primary one next yr, will be sticking with dbs for another yr at least.. re-evaluate next yr..

u keen?? hee.. :sport-smiley-003: i'm in priority banking, got service and sales position available..

thot u find job liao?!? u wan to do sales, my place is always looking for rms, keen not?? haha..

ha ha... got AVP level anot :dancingqueen:

onshore or offshore? lol..

========================

i retract the above...

i realized where you work already.. lol... cannot go there.. lol.. step down in career path.

Edited by Phantom

i realized where you work already.. lol... cannot go there.. lol.. step down in career path.

Step down? Wah.... Phantom is either VP level or above, or working in a foreign bank. :sport-smiley-003:

Step down? Wah.... Phantom is either VP level or above, or working in a foreign bank. :yamseng:

lol... ARCher.. don't suan me. you are the one doing well .. lol...

well.. part of your assumption is correct but let's the guessing for another discussion.. ha ha ha..

one thing i do know is that you could be an AVP at the retail priority banking segment and still get paid less as compared to a managerial level in foreign banks.

Local or Foreign banks.. there are plenty of AVPs around.. lol...

most are corporate rank.. a few are corporate designation.. :jawdrop: tio boh?

UBS private bankers all are associate directors.. go figure... next level is director...

not much to climb .. lol...

well.. part of your assumption is correct but let's the guessing for another discussion.. ha ha ha..

one thing i do know is that you could be an AVP at the retail priority banking segment and still get paid less as compared to a managerial level in foreign banks.

most are corporate rank.. a few are corporate designation.. tio boh?

UBS private bankers all are associate directors.. go figure... next level is director...

Me doing well? *LOL* In Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, there is a General by the name of Liao Hua. He wasn't a very good fighter (like Zhang Fei or Lu Bu) or a good strategist (like Zhuge Liang or Sun Quan), but he was one of Liu Bei's top general. Why? Because there aren't anyone better to lead Liu Bei's armies. Well, I am but a Liao Hua.

It all depends on how flat is the corporate structure of the organisation. Before John Olds/Jackson Tai/Frank Wong joined DBS, DBS has a very elaborate structure: from junior officer, officer, senior officer, assistant manager, deputy manager (maybe the 2 is switched.. I can't remember liao), AVP, VP, SVP, EVP, SEVP, President and Chairman. The structure was then changed to Associate, AVP, VP, MD and SMD. A lot of VPs left because it was very difficult to jump to MD grade. As a result, they have to reintroduce the SVP grade to retain the VPs.

I was told by a headhunter that corporate rank/title/designation isn't that important. What is important is how much they are willing to pay.

Me doing well? *LOL* In Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, there is a General by the name of Liao Hua. He wasn't a very good fighter (like Zhang Fei or Lu Bu) or a good strategist (like Zhuge Liang or Sun Quan), but he was one of Liu Bei's top general. Why? Because there aren't anyone better to lead Liu Bei's armies. Well, I am but a Liao Hua.

It all depends on how flat is the corporate structure of the organisation. Before John Olds/Jackson Tai/Frank Wong joined DBS, DBS has a very elaborate structure: from junior officer, officer, senior officer, assistant manager, deputy manager (maybe the 2 is switched.. I can't remember liao), AVP, VP, SVP, EVP, SEVP, President and Chairman. The structure was then changed to Associate, AVP, VP, MD and SMD. A lot of VPs left because it was very difficult to jump to MD grade. As a result, they have to reintroduce the SVP grade to retain the VPs.

I was told by a headhunter that corporate rank/title/designation isn't that important. What is important is how much they are willing to pay.

ha ha ha... Liu Bei also had another top general called Zhao Yun. He was also one that was not often talked about but was able to do the job. Thats humble to say abt yourself.

Yes I've I've heard abt the re-introduction of SVP. I knew some ppl who left because they stayed too long and couldn't move up after many years.

But you are right on the headhunter bit, The package is the most important part of the cake. At certain payscales, 60k could mean a AVP level but maybe 100k at another company.

I was just talking to a client that a company can employ me and call me a monkey for all i care but as long as they don't pay me peanuts.. lol... do i sound pragmatic?

:jawdrop:

most are corporate rank.. a few are corporate designation.. :jawdrop: tio boh?

Corporate level ranks are crap lah....I once worked in a bank where one dept 3 ppl then got 2 managers one...what da....what's impt is how much is the pay.... :yamseng:

They can give me clerk job title but give me 100K per annum i also happy but a bit hard lah...haha...:bleah:

Corporate level ranks are crap lah....I once worked in a bank where one dept 3 ppl then got 2 managers one...what da....what's impt is how much is the pay.... :jawdrop:

They can give me clerk job title but give me 100K per annum i also happy but a bit hard lah...haha...:yamseng:

Did you read this?

I was just talking to a client that a company can employ me and call me a monkey for all i care but as long as they don't pay me peanuts.. lol... do i sound pragmatic?

lol... great minds think alike

Did you read this?

lol... great minds think alike

oh...... :jawdrop:

then u go work at NK* lor....their peanuts not cheap...i dun mind they pay me peanuts over there :yamseng:

Errr... there are usually 3 components: a) money; b) title; c) nature of work. a) alone might now be sufficient to keep a person. Usually, it involves two factors. I won't want to be called a monkey and made to do monkey's work even if I am well paid. On the other hand, if I am called "COO" and is well paid, then I don't mind doing monkey's work.

Corporate level ranks are crap lah....I once worked in a bank where one dept 3 ppl then got 2 managers one...what da....what's impt is how much is the pay.... :unsure:

They can give me clerk job title but give me 100K per annum i also happy but a bit hard lah...haha...:rofl:

Corporate rank can be crap, but they are important because the rank determine the salary range of the individual. I doubt many organisations will have a clerk rank that pays 100K. On the other hand, senior managers may have salary range of 100K or more. So if you want to earn 100K, you need to be SM.

oh...... :unsure:

then u go work at NK* lor....their peanuts not cheap...i dun mind they pay me peanuts over there :rofl:

maybe last time.. not now..

i think last time they'll probably pay us peanuts in gold. :lol:

maybe last time.. not now..

i think last time they'll probably pay us peanuts in gold. :unsure:

Haha....could have afforded a gold tap as well...maybe a gold toilet bowl too, if not, gold tooth also boey pai....:rofl:

Corporate rank can be crap, but they are important because the rank determine the salary range of the individual. I doubt many organisations will have a clerk rank that pays 100K. On the other hand, senior managers may have salary range of 100K or more. So if you want to earn 100K, you need to be SM.

Ya lor...unfortunately....

Errr... there are usually 3 components: a) money; b) title; c) nature of work. a) alone might now be sufficient to keep a person. Usually, it involves two factors. I won't want to be called a monkey and made to do monkey's work even if I am well paid. On the other hand, if I am called "COO" and is well paid, then I don't mind doing monkey's work.

ARCHer,

Its hilarious how you take such a professional approach in answer us when we are "horsing around" :unsure:

lol..

but you are right.. for me its a) and c) ... title doesn't really ring a thing for my line of work. Private banking really is a good reflection of components a) and c)

A buddy of mine was saying how he had to fetch a clients daughter from airport.

Haha....could have afforded a gold tap as well...maybe a gold toilet bowl too, if not, gold tooth also boey pai....:rofl:

at the rate gold is climbing.. why not.. ha ha ha..

Its hilarious how you take such a professional approach in answer us when we are "horsing around" :unsure:

lol..

*SIGH* Yeah... that's just a nicer way of saying that I got no sense of humour....

:rofl::lol::D

but you are right.. for me its a) and c) ... title doesn't really ring a thing for my line of work. Private banking really is a good reflection of components a) and c)

I thought private banking was one of the first banking jobs to have great title. And American banks are good at giving great job titles. Which reminds me... I actually wrote a letter to the Straits Times forum about job titles.

A buddy of mine was saying how he had to fetch a clients daughter from airport.

at the rate gold is climbing.. why not.. ha ha ha..

Well, if your buddy is single, well, you never know.... :)

*SIGH* Yeah... that's just a nicer way of saying that I got no sense of humour....

Come on.. don't say that. You're a nice guy. :unsure:

I thought private banking was one of the first banking jobs to have great title. And American banks are good at giving great job titles.

Is that so? I thought investment banking is all the hype now.. lol... I have lawyer clients who beem with pride telling me they work in investment banking.. lol... I don't really care on the title.. just SHOW ME THE MONEY! :lol:

Which reminds me... I actually wrote a letter to the Straits Times forum about job titles.

What abt? When was that? lol...

Well, if your buddy is single, well, you never know.... :D

My buddy is single, but the daughter is in secondary school my friend. :rofl: