Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Any Of Yr Hubbies Work Very Late Every Day?

My HB work quite late every day cos he is in sales line and very busy...

I could not get used to it and has been enduring for 9 months as he used

to hv regular office hrs in the past....

Now is like 9pm or 8 plus then reach home...

I am so bored cos I eat dinner alone everyday....except for every wed

and Fri whereby we will mit for dinner...

Then when he come back, he takes his packed dinner, shower and head

straight to bed...cos he is really tired out...and I dun tink this is healthy

in a relationship.....

Sometimes he even hv to work on Sats for a few hours....there is not much

quality time for us to be together except Sun....Even he is on leave, his hp

wil keep ringing non-stop....and he is getting a promotion soon....I tink he

dun need to come back liao...Poor me!:good:!:rofl:!zz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As a guy who is doing sales as well, my wife and I had gone through this before. Think we are worse than you and your hubby lor; I need to entertain and sometimes I can come home at 11pm or 12mn. And that's not all; by that time my wife would be in bed snoring away, because she needs to be in office by 6:30am - she wakes up, I would still be snoring. So sometimes on weekdays, we practically only see each other snoring in bed and can only talk over the phone.

But the thing is, we are still happy lor! How? Not sure if you can accept our arrangements, because it takes abit of mindset-changing, but hopefully you can try lor.

First you have to face the reality; it is a FACT you both is going to continue having lesser time with each other, and that is not going to change. But you do not have to resign to fate; you cannot change the fact, but you can change yourself mah! Next, bear in mind you don't need to physically SEE each other to have a healthy relationship lor; some couples work together, go disco together and even all the friends are common friends, both end up can still divorce de.

Its all about quality time when you are with each other, and the efforts you take to maintain the relationship.

For my wife and me, precisely because we do not have alot of time with each other, we make sure that any amount of time spent together is quality time. We will go out, watch a movie, go to nearby parks, eat at restaurants, etc. The point is not to waste time like just laze around at home together!

Other little efforts you can make is send short messages of sweet-nothings to each other, reminding each other that you are still warm in my heart. Sometimes she will take an afternoon nap, just to stay up abit later to wait for me to come back, while sometimes I will set the alarm clock to wake myself up at 6am, just to watch her dress up and give her a morning kiss. The list goes on...

In brief, its precisely because we spend lesser time with each other, we appreciate every moment together. Everytime we see other, we will smile and that brings happiness into the relationship constantly.

Tat is v sweet of u both lor....

Haiz....I really hope I can change my tinking and adjust to the changes....

Still trying v hard......

Really hope everything will works out fine!

It's the opposite for me, my FW work late very often.

I always try to plan all my work to be done for the day and finish them on time, leave office on time. Work can never be finished. It helps that my boss believes in work and family balance. But I do work on weekends sometimes.

oh, my Hb also works mostly seven days a week, sats and suns are just normal working days to him. Not only full day, but sometimes until 11 or 12. During his peak, it is even worse, a few times after midnight. His "pattern" is when he is busy, he doesnt bother to call or sms me at all.

Right now we have not moved into our new house yet, at least I still have my parents who can accompany me. In the future, I shall be eating alone facing tv and the four walls every night. :)

ya, I agree with Zirhk. This is a cold hard fact that we have to accept. So I suggest you should make your life interesting too, eg can have dinner with friends or colleagues, go workout. Tell yourself that you can still enjoy your free time and not be a dead fish when your hb is not around. :)

This is a cold hard fact that we have to accept. So I suggest you should make your life interesting too, eg can have dinner with friends or colleagues, go workout. Tell yourself that you can still enjoy your free time and not be a dead fish when your hb is not around. :)

Yes this is very impt - I used to be quite uncomfortable when my wife told me that she wants to go cheong-ing with her gal friends, or even meet up for kopi chats until like 10pm or 11pm. However, I realised that I should not be selfish, and more imptly, she must have a life of her own so that she will not keep asking what time I come back! :)

Anyway, karen77sg, I am not trying to imply anything, but I guess you do not have a big social circle? Perhaps its time to start calling up your old classmates for drinks, joining those colleagues for dinners and start to widen your social circle. Of course, your husband and your family remains the most impt, but you also need to have a life that is secondary to your family.

karen, where do u stay har? my hubby oso wan to go into sales, if stay near, we can accompany each other liao next time!! :)

haha, we can actually start a "hbs-work-late" club for all the wives and organise dinner gatherings to keep one another company. :(

haha.. then one of the activity can be arranging 'spying' sessions to ensure the hubbies are really working OT lor!! :(

Wah lau.... why no "wifey-work-late" club har? My wife came home about 9pm everyday, and once she finished her dinner, she continued to close her daily account for the day. :jawdrop:

Yes this is very impt - I used to be quite uncomfortable when my wife told me that she wants to go cheong-ing with her gal friends, or even meet up for kopi chats until like 10pm or 11pm. However, I realised that I should not be selfish, and more imptly, she must have a life of her own so that she will not keep asking what time I come back! :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, karen77sg, I am not trying to imply anything, but I guess you do not have a big social circle? Perhaps its time to start calling up your old classmates for drinks, joining those colleagues for dinners and start to widen your social circle. Of course, your husband and your family remains the most impt, but you also need to have a life that is secondary to your family.

I hv lotsa of friends....bt mostly is those whom like clubbing types...

And my HB dun like me to go these places without him....

So I am quite sian actually....

karen, where do u stay har? my hubby oso wan to go into sales, if stay near, we can accompany each other liao next time!! :D

I stay in Bukit Batok....

haha, we can actually start a "hbs-work-late" club for all the wives and organise dinner gatherings to keep one another company. :(

Haha....good idea!

haha.. then one of the activity can be arranging 'spying' sessions to ensure the hubbies are really working OT lor!! :(

sometimes, men said that they must work late but i only 50-50 believe. don't know how true, manz. :sport-smiley-004:

sometimes, men said that they must work late but i only 50-50 believe. don't know how true, manz. :P

Why won't you want to believe them/him?

My hubby in IT line. And used to work super late everyday and weekends. My heart pain each time he said he tired. Lasted for about 1 yr plus in that place. Now he changed company which give him office hour work. heheh....Thank God for his new job and now we can spend more time together....whether it be quality time or bickering...at least I can see his face.

sometimes, men said that they must work late but i only 50-50 believe. don't know how true, manz. :P

Cannot trust men but I think we should trust our hubby and dad....if not, ;)