Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leon2reno

Shifting Bathroom without moving toilet bowl

Planning to renovate my 30-year-old 5-room HDB flat. Original floor plan attached on the left. I plan to create a laundry room where the washing machine will go and also to serve as the place to hang clothes to dry (instead of drying them outdoor). The idea is to create this laundry room by moving (thus extending) both the common bathroom and master bathroom area (denoted by green box) into the dining area without moving the toilet bowl. The area which was formerly the basin plus showing area (denoted by light blue) from the common bathroom and master bathroom will then be combined, and walled off thus forming the laundry room (denoted by orange box). Would this be doable? Hope my explanation makes sense... ?

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 5.43.35 PM.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

any hacking of walls need HDB approval.

extension of toilets can only be up to 600mm and used as "dry areas" according to HDB. so it would be unlikely your plans would be approved unless your new shower area is still confined within the original toilet floor area which essentially means you need to shower next to the toilet bowl.

best is check with HDB and they will tell you whether can do or cannot do