Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
T.Mandy

Looking For Teak Furniture

Hi,

I'm looking for teak furniture for my mew HDB 4-room flat. I visited Scanteak and like the design. Would like to see more. Does anyone know any teak furniture shop with reasonable price?

Thanks.

Edited by T.Mandy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, you can check out this shop at eunos/ubi area called bedz & co

it's opposite the nissan showroom

price reasonable but service not that great

friend just bought a solid tropical wood dining set with four chairs for $300 including delivery and assembly :dunno:

Wihardja. Very cheap, but quality not so good.

Teak furniture is available everywhere, and prices range from quite cheap to very expensive. Apart from branding and design, there are reasons for the price difference. Not all teak are created equal, there are different grades. In particular, recycled teak or old teak is the best, while young teak (which is what Wihardja and Scanteak use) is not so good. Google to find out more.

Hi,

I'm looking for teak furniture for my mew HDB 4-room flat. I visited Scanteak and like the design. Would like to see more. Does anyone know any teak furniture shop with reasonable price?

Thanks.

If you like teak furniture with a more modern look and design, you can try PLANK. They use Burmese Teak.

does anyone know where i can get teak + iron wrought or wood + iron wrought designs ? seems that when it's wood, it's wood all the way.

only saw one wood/ironwrought dining table at IMM (forgot the shop name) but it's kinda wobbly.

hi, you can check out this shop at eunos/ubi area called bedz & co

it's opposite the nissan showroom

price reasonable but service not that great

friend just bought a solid tropical wood dining set with four chairs for $300 including delivery and assembly :D

Thanks a lot! Will check it out!

In particular, recycled teak or old teak is the best, while young teak (which is what Wihardja and Scanteak use) is not so good. Google to find out more.

My mom said the same thing, but the funiture that is made of old teak is expensive and the size is bigger. Saw a nice old teak bed frame, but it couldn't fit in my little 4-room flat :D

If you like teak furniture with a more modern look and design, you can try PLANK. They use Burmese Teak.

Went to Park Mall early last week, but didn't notice PLANK. Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

Hi,

Thanks.

Have you tried country haven at the railmall in upper bukit timah? they use plantation teak with p.u lacquer or something. colour of the furniture less likely to fade and not so messy and sticky with the teak oil used in those rough and shiny teak furniture in most shops. affordable with quality. If u r looking at cheap, wihardja has rock bottom prices! but.....

Have you tried country haven at the railmall in upper bukit timah? they use plantation teak with p.u lacquer or something. colour of the furniture less likely to fade and not so messy and sticky with the teak oil used in those rough and shiny teak furniture in most shops.

Many thanks for the information. I've not been to this shop. Will pay a visit this weekend.

There's this place selling Indonesian Teak furniture at rather reasonable prices with good finishing.

It's called Hands Gallery at The Helping Hands halfway house at Upper Serangoon Road. They import the furniture and do the finishing here.

It's called Hands Gallery at The Helping Hands halfway house at Upper Serangoon Road.

Hi ayurazzz,

Many thanks!

Edited by T.Mandy

Have you tried country haven at the railmall in upper bukit timah?

I visited Country Haven. The price is reasonable and the teak quality is good. The owner is knoweldgable and helpful. Considering to order a few pieces from them.

Also found a shop selling recycled teak- Gallery 278 at River Valley Road. The price is resonable and the workmanship is nice. Of course, it's more expensive than Country Haven. But, it's still cheapter than some shops at Dempsy road.

We bought our teak furniture from Dempsey Road. (Burmese Teak)

the price was comparable to those at Beach Road Furniture Mall. Could even request for modifications. If you need any assistance...PM me... i will try and help :dancingqueen:

For affordable prices, you may want to e-mail euritage@asia.com.

They're a private timber company who work by word of mouth thru contractors and friends. They also do speciality items which are difficult to find. i.e custom made doors.

They supplied Teak Furniture to Timbre @ The Substation and will supply to Timbre @ Thearthouse which will undergo a complete makeover.

They also supplied to the new Klee Bar @ Portstown Road, opening very soon. The bar-tops are made of American Black Walnut, they're 3m long.

May want to check them out.

Any yes, I do have personal interest in that company. =)

waliew.....AirDivision.......d@mn ex ex ex ex ex......

Wihardja. Very cheap, but quality not so good.

Teak furniture is available everywhere, and prices range from quite cheap to very expensive. Apart from branding and design, there are reasons for the price difference. Not all teak are created equal, there are different grades. In particular, recycled teak or old teak is the best, while young teak (which is what Wihardja and Scanteak use) is not so good. Google to find out more.

Scanteak also have old teak, but the color of old teak is quite dull....that's the problem with design sometimes...

Anyway, just showing some examples between young teak vs old teak from Scanteak.....

spa0015st8.jpg

vs

spa0019mk9.jpg

price difference? > $600........

Edited by tingshen

I visited Country Haven. The price is reasonable and the teak quality is good. The owner is knoweldgable and helpful. Considering to order a few pieces from them.

Also found a shop selling recycled teak- Gallery 278 at River Valley Road. The price is resonable and the workmanship is nice. Of course, it's more expensive than Country Haven. But, it's still cheapter than some shops at Dempsy road.

I have visited this shop yesterday, I don't know their teak wood is young or old.

They sell one 6 feet TV console for 880 and 4 feet coffee table for 390, are they expensive?