Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Rc Corner

Hi everyone,

Though I am not totally new to this forum but am newbie to renovation and to posting a t-blog! So really got lots to learn from all the shifus here. :D

We have gotten our flat for 2-3 months liao.Phew! Finally by God’s grace me we will be starting our renovation work this week!

Will like to take this chance to everyone who contribute to this forum and make it such a informative source for us, allowing us to compare quotations and gives us different perspective on our renovation ideas.Kudos to all :(

As we feel, we do not need any ID and partly because we have the time to do planning, we kinda ‘unbundled’ the whole reno package and source for individual main con, carpenter, painter and even the tiles supplier ourselves. Through this process, we not only cut down our cost $ :) we also learn a lot about renovation. Well, it’s interesting really :rofl: and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We did research for almost 2-3 months b4 we decide on contractor, the carpenter and bought into tiles. We have place orders for air-con and some big item furniture like Sofa, dining table and bed.

Hope to show all my pic of our renovation progress. But now can only upload the pre-reno pics. :sport-smiley-018:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ID: Relacker & Chuckybaby

Our Humble Abode : Redhill

Reno start date : 5 May 07

Contractors

Contractor: JOO GUAN HUAT@ IMM (Sam Ng)

Tiles: ENG BEE & CO @ SUNGEI KADUT (Judy)

Carpenter: POH LOONG FURNITURE CO@ SUNGEI KADUT (Peter Ting)

Painter: Faisal

Furnishings

Sofa :LORENZO - yet to be delivered

Dining Table : XZQT - yet to be delivered

Bedframe + mattress : Serta (Sin Hup @ FurnitureMall) - yet to be delivered

Cosy Corner coffee table + 2x chair - Star furniture@ FurnitureMall (place order but may switch to Ikea's)

Electricals

Aircon: Toshiba multi Syst 3 non-inverter + 1 single split unit non-inverter 24kBTU (AllBest @ IMM), yet to be installed

Hob & hood: Turbo (Tuan Heng Hardware @ Jln besar) , delivered

Sink: Elleci Master 550 (Tuan Heng Hardware @ Jln besar). delivered

Heater: 1x Electric heater Panasonic, 1xElectric heater Mistral (Tai Yong Electric @Jln Besar), delivered

Lightings

Lightings : A Lighting Enterprise @ Geylang (Alex), delivered yet to be installed

Things to buy

Curtains - ??? Really no idea, need rec.

TV - Panasonic 42"(KIV)

TV console - Star Furniture(KIV)

2xCoffee table - Ikea(KIV)

Chairs for Dining table - Ikea(KIV)

Fridge - Toshiba Gram66sda w767,d747,h1854(KIV)

Washer - ???

2x Wardrobe - Star furniture(KIV)

Study table - ???

Book shelves -???

Storeroom shelves- ???

Edited by Relacker

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's a great challenge to go ala-carte for renovation, you will either love it or hate it. Wish you all the best and hope to see another nice home in this forum.... :sport-smiley-004:

Cheers

kitchen

p1010002ij5.jpg

old fashion tiled kitchen top with my granite sink.front edge of the kitchen top will be dark colour to blend with the lower kitchen cabinet doors.

p1010006pi6.jpg

For the fridge base, we wanted rounded corner so had to change. The reason by contractor is that the legs of the fridge may not fit in, but we think just a bit of rounded corner should be ok. at most change to smaller width fridge.

fridge base corner's curvature now will follow the circle.

p1010011lf9.jpg

one stuff, the HDB contractor did not put the canvas when they brought up the sand, resulting in seepage to my neighbour below. mmmm....now my contractor will do some patch up for them and repaint for their ceiling. Strange, how can HDB contractor miss this detail??? :dunno:

:seeya:

Edited by Relacker

wet work finish liao :dancingqueen:

p1010016qq7.jpg

but on close up the spacing quite big le :notti: but no choice la already done what to do :notti:

p1010018xm1.jpg

p1010019zr4.jpg

mbr

p1010012fo7.jpg

mbr wc with kerb

p1010013rm3.jpg

entrance with pebbles and tiles in centre

p1010005wm2.jpg

next will be to do electrical and air con trunkign and painting :seeya:

got something to sell for someone- 1.5 yr old kangoo @ 23k negotiable, some more with leather seats fitted at the rear for passengers, great for family pinic outing. pm me if interested

kangoo1ps9.jpg

kangoo2kf8.jpg

p1010028ao8.jpg

hi, saw your reno photos

love the windows in the living room :D

the gap got to be big so that the tiles won't crack when they expand mah

my grout-line also quite big, but what to do :jawdrop:

i'd rather it be big then having tiles cracking or popping up :P

the kangoo hor, is it goods plate or passenger plate?

if goods plate need to have a company to take over right?