Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZZEC

Grills on car porch balcony

Hi would like to tap on the collective knowledge of the community here.. 

Does anyone know if we are able to install grills on the car porch balcony? I understand from my builder than it is not allow to be enclosed. But for safety of children, what are our options to secure car porch balcony? 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, ZZEC said:

Hi would like to tap on the collective knowledge of the community here.. 

Does anyone know if we are able to install grills on the car porch balcony? I understand from my builder than it is not allow to be enclosed. But for safety of children, what are our options to secure car porch balcony? 

firstly, a car porch balcony/terrace is supposed to be an open to sky unenclosed area with railings/parapets up to 1m high.

if you install a roof over it, it would contravene the regulations since the area is no longer open to sky if you install railings which are more than 1m high, it would also not meet the requirements since the height exceeded the allowed 1m.

to prevent fall from height, it is best to restrict access to this kind of areas for children.

of cos there's always SAF rule number 7 if you know what I mean.