Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi guys,

I've got a question to ask. I've already signed the Lease of Agreement, thus securing the flat that I got. But I'm not going to collect my keys till some time later like Jun - Dec 2008. Will I have to re-apply for the HLE?

What if my income limit exceeds 8k by then(hypothetically speaking)? Will I no longer be able to get a HDB loan and have to take up a bank loan instead?

Thanks in advance

The latest date for the collections of keys would be 30 Sep 2008 (think it's stated on the Lease Agreement). That's the official date which HDB has to complete the construction and hand you the keys. You can even take legal actions against them should they can't give you the keys by then. You'll most likely need to re-apply the HLE again. This is what the HDB official told me when I singned my Lease Agreement. :D

As for the 8k ceiling, I'm not too sure about that. :wub:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The latest date for the collections of keys would be 30 Sep 2008 (think it's stated on the Lease Agreement). That's the official date which HDB has to complete the construction and hand you the keys. You can even take legal actions against them should they can't give you the keys by then. You'll most likely need to re-apply the HLE again. This is what the HDB official told me when I singned my Lease Agreement. :D

As for the 8k ceiling, I'm not too sure about that. :wub:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm currently based overseas for work now so we can delay our keys collection till the end of the year. (Got a letter from the Govt. to support it - Heehee, can grow my CPF for a while more)

So our concern now is whether we'll need to re-apply the HLE and if we so happen to bust the income ceiling. Sigh, I'll get my girl to enquire with HDB and let you guys know the result.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm currently based overseas for work now so we can delay our keys collection till the end of the year. (Got a letter from the Govt. to support it - Heehee, can grow my CPF for a while more)

So our concern now is whether we'll need to re-apply the HLE and if we so happen to bust the income ceiling. Sigh, I'll get my girl to enquire with HDB and let you guys know the result.

I remembered I was told by the HDB officer that if the date of completion of my flat is after my HLE expiry date (4 Oct), then I need to re-apply again before keys collection. However, it may just be something like a "re-activation", based on the existing pay slips (in our file) which HDB is holding. :wub:

Yoz...

Just checked My HDBpage... will be signing lease agreement on 17 August 2007 (Friday)...

Soooooooo happy.... :D

Blk 26D neighbours to be... check it out... maybe 26D all signing on that day.... :wub:

Mine is on the 14th Aug 2007...but may be postponing :notti:

http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product_display.asp?id=1224

I saw this sofa at ikea and it's very comfortable. Same comfort as current in-law's home.

But i always hope to have a "L-shape" sofa but living room too small to put that.. sob sob

I like L-shape too...but then I actually went to take a look at the unit just now...hmm...the living room is very small...Oh well...have to re-plan hehe ;)

Hi guys,

I've got a question to ask. I've already signed the Lease of Agreement, thus securing the flat that I got. But I'm not going to collect my keys till some time later like Jun - Dec 2008. Will I have to re-apply for the HLE?

What if my income limit exceeds 8k by then(hypothetically speaking)? Will I no longer be able to get a HDB loan and have to take up a bank loan instead?

Thanks in advance

I asked the HDB officer, the 8k restriction is no longer applicable as the income limit is only considered upon selection of flat :)

Edited by OnePostWonder

:)

any idea how u guys going to arrange the dining table???

Hi Genevie

which blk are you? didnt see you in the list.

Edited by nemofc

mm.. for japan i dunno.. but in HK.. not true tat is cheaper to run.. cos the utility bill shows that gas is increasing in price n electric bills much more competitive n cheaper.. my dad (in HK now) doesn't use the gas cooker anymore.. he uses everything run by electricity as far as possible.. i think the only gas appliance he using would be the water heater during winter times.. cos only gas type really hot enough..

in singapore, gas is cheaper than electricity... gas costs abt $0.17 and elec costs $0.21 per kWh...

btw, the free citigas water heater can heat up water to a max of 55 deg celcius... hence the hot water pipe won't be too hot also... just mix with some cold water and u've got a nice warm shower :)

Edited by redbottle

I'll probably use the gas water heater...

it's free, multi-point and the ugly thing is already fixed...

can save me a few hundreds for 2 electric water heaters...

same here :)

any idea how u guys going to arrange the dining table???

from the floorplan, since like there only space beside the main door.

btw u got a 4R or 5R?

asked my ID today whether to choose citygas or electric heater, he said don't use citygas water heater

reasons: accessories more expensive and also not very safe

I decide to use electric heater

hi loobhlinda,

i'm curious to know why the ID said accessories expensive and not very safe to use??

has he or she personally used the gas water heater before??? or encountered problems with it???

the feedback i have received from pple who have personally used the gas water heater is that it is v reliable and safe... use for more than 7 years, never spoilt before... no accident before also...

furthermore, as the citigas pple explain, the gas water heater comes with the flame failure device, so gas supply will be cut off if the flame goes off... the gas clothes dryer comes with this device too, and some models of gas cooker hob...

Edited by redbottle

hi loobhlinda,

i'm curious to know why the ID said accessories expensive and not very safe to use??

has he or she personally used the gas water heater before??? or encountered problems with it???

the feedback i have received from pple who have personally used the gas water heater is that it is v reliable and safe... use for more than 7 years, never spoilt before... no accident before also...

furthermore, as the citigas pple explain, the gas water heater comes with the flame failure device, so gas supply will be cut off if the flame goes off... the gas clothes dryer comes with this device too, and some models of gas cooker hob...

"Citygas" , i guess should be safe because it's govt ...will discuss with hubby again.

now, i'm preparing to design our MBR wardrobe space (inside) as the current not enough space.

wow... good morning to all jln membina

No one interested to work?! we are all excited about renovation, keys etc ... haha

Edited by nemofc

I asked the HDB officer, the 8k restriction is no longer applicable as the income limit is only considered upon selection of flat :P

hi guys, what my bf is trying to ask is whether we have to take HDB loan or bank loan when HDB re-assess our income (if it hit 8K) upon collection of keys?

As we have to defer the collection till next mid year, there is a likely hood we might hit the ceiling...and yes I asked the HDB officer, if our combined at that point in time hit 8K (luckily does not include bonus), we have to get a bank loan.

:):P

I remembered I was told by the HDB officer that if the date of completion of my flat is after my HLE expiry date (4 Oct), then I need to re-apply again before keys collection. However, it may just be something like a "re-activation", based on the existing pay slips (in our file) which HDB is holding. :P

yah.. i just went to sign my agreement of lease yesterday.. the HDB officer say we will need to reapply but by that time even if out income exceed 8k its will still be approved cos they will based it on the existing approved HLE as guide.. :)