Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

:dunno: yes yes going to live very very long, even taken into consideration for 2 kids :deal:

5 room come almost empty so we are prepared for the high cost of renovation.

we looking at long term too. But if sell, that would be the day that i move to private / condo lor (hoping for that day) :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
does HDB allow us to cover up this big u-tube at a top corner of the kitchen???

i tink shldn't b a problem.. as long as there's an opening for it.. like inside a cabinate or something like a "door" for it... :jawdrop:

ya i know staron, in fact, i've checked out stile's quartz, dupont corian, LG hi-mac, n samsung staron before.. LG now hv a new range i tink.. dunno wat volcano something.. i read something abt lavastone(not frm LG, but read on this material i mean).. but is even much more expensive than solid surface in general regardless of brands.. hehehee.. for the LG new range i hv yet to check it out la..

but i hv a fren previously in renovation industry.. now my colleague la.. he's profession in the finance dept.. he recomm me LG solid surface cos he personally used tat in his new place.. now coming to a "2nd anniversary" of his lovenest liao.. haha.. their kitchen has high usage yet the LG solid top still looking s beautiful s new.. he has preferred LG over other brands for many yrs already.. n tis time when he got his own place he said it has proven his preference is a v right choice loh.. n he told me to get white top.. cos dark top esp black ones r more headache than white ones.. he said thou many ppl said white surface may scare later turn yellowish.. he told me not to worry for tat.. i also :dunno: ... it is still in a dilemma to get wat colors yet.. but his vote on LG.. i'm quite convinced thou..

hmm, i was told LG's Hi-Mac costs almost the same as Dupont's Corian, abt $130-150 pfr... if so, think can consider Corian over Hi-Mac since Corian's reputation is also very good and very branded... :deal: but both too expensive for me, haha... :deal: Staron more affordable... :jawdrop:

ya i know staron, in fact, i've checked out stile's quartz, dupont corian, LG hi-mac, n samsung staron before.. LG now hv a new range i tink.. dunno wat volcano something.. i read something abt lavastone(not frm LG, but read on this material i mean).. but is even much more expensive than solid surface in general regardless of brands.. hehehee.. for the LG new range i hv yet to check it out la..

but i hv a fren previously in renovation industry.. now my colleague la.. he's profession in the finance dept.. he recomm me LG solid surface cos he personally used tat in his new place.. now coming to a "2nd anniversary" of his lovenest liao.. haha.. their kitchen has high usage yet the LG solid top still looking s beautiful s new.. he has preferred LG over other brands for many yrs already.. n tis time when he got his own place he said it has proven his preference is a v right choice loh.. n he told me to get white top.. cos dark top esp black ones r more headache than white ones.. he said thou many ppl said white surface may scare later turn yellowish.. he told me not to worry for tat.. i also :jawdrop: ... it is still in a dilemma to get wat colors yet.. but his vote on LG.. i'm quite convinced thou..

i would said if maint' & care is taken, solid surface should looks ok even after 5 years.

as for colour, we would choose a beidge with dots on it (we saw one at ikea over the wkends). white top would be best cos' we wanted all white even for furniture. wall - rose white.

therefore, my house will be very "white" when u r invited unlike those colourful ones.

Edited by nemofc

hmm, i was told LG's Hi-Mac costs almost the same as Dupont's Corian, abt $130-150 pfr... if so, think can consider Corian over Hi-Mac since Corian's reputation is also very good and very branded... :dunno: but both too expensive for me, haha... :deal: Staron more affordable... :jawdrop:

yes, for that corian range (similar price as LG one) r lower grade, n arcylic content not as much for wat i heard.. if to compare the same grade n quality.. probably corian wil not b affordable liao.. tis is wat my colleague told me la.. but anyway.. i hv asked ID to check out the price for me le.. will wait n see how.. for last time i ask him if i change to corian.. wat is the price diff.. he said 600+ to top up.. but didn't ask him wat grade la.. (as in how much arcylic content compare to the original Bellus he quoted me).. so when he checked out the LG for me shall find out more frm him again..

oh ya.. forgot to mention.. ID told me tat HDB has tis new rule.. it is NOT allow to modify or hack anything on the windows, incl the grills..

some of his clients in tanglin halt (the recent site released).. they wanted to take away the window grills (the jail bar).. but cannot..

there are other cases wanted to change the sliding windows to casement windows.. also cannot...

so neighbours... we hv to live with the jail bars...

n oh ya.. ID said can't install ventilation fan for me.. cos also HDB not allowed...

!!

argh! cannot remove the stupid vertical grills!!! looks like we gotta conceal it then....

huh? use translucent curtains loh... if totally hide it away.. v wasted leh.. :P

oh ya.. forgot to mention.. ID told me tat HDB has tis new rule.. it is NOT allow to modify or hack anything on the windows, incl the grills..

some of his clients in tanglin halt (the recent site released).. they wanted to take away the window grills (the jail bar).. but cannot..

there are other cases wanted to change the sliding windows to casement windows.. also cannot...

so neighbours... we hv to live with the jail bars...

n oh ya.. ID said can't install ventilation fan for me.. cos also HDB not allowed...

:P

we are okay with the grills & windows. actually, after seeing the 25A #19, we are very contented & pleased :P

Ventiltion fan in toilet ?- wouldn't it be noisy?

argh! cannot remove the stupid vertical grills!!! looks like we gotta conceal it then....

i guess there's a purpose to it - safety?

but those private condo, have NO grills at bottom, really very nice but are low floors.

Ventiltion fan in toilet ?- wouldn't it be noisy?

i guess there's a purpose to it - safety?

but those private condo, have NO grills at bottom, really very nice but are low floors.

mm.. ventilation fan has the noise la.. but i'd rather endure the noise than the hot n humid env when bathing.. :sport-smiley-018:

for the windows.. my fren in bk panjang.. also hv tis full height windows in their 5rm.. but without the grills.. it is so nice leh.. n v safe leh.. i tried to bang the windows.. v sturdy leh..

yo i just back from viewing a unit at blk 25A. There is really a lot of contractor waiting downstairs to bring u up to see the unit they are renovating lor.. keke

Btw we spoke to a worker there.. guess what.. they say they will be handing the keys for BLk 27A to HDB in 15 days time!! :dancingqueen: today HDb is already doing inspection for blk 27A le

and good news for Vince.. The worker mention that blk 27B keys are already handed over to HDB le! :yamseng: The next one will be Blk 27 A then follow by blk 26 D ( most prob next month)

Hopw wat he say is true!!! :sport-smiley-018:

Btw we spoke to a worker there.. guess what.. they say they will be handing the keys for BLk 27A to HDB in 15 days time!! !! today HDb is already doing inspection for blk 27A le

and good news for Vince.. The worker mention that blk 27B keys are already handed over to HDB le! :yamseng: The next one will be Blk 27 A then follow by blk 26 D ( most prob next month)

YEAY YEAY YEAY!!!! even if not 100% true... i'm happy enough to hear this man!!!

:yamseng::dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

woohoo!!!!! another 1.5mths shld b getting keys liao lo!!! YEAY!!!!! :dancingqueen:

worker's say? can take for granted meh?

hmm...

But then see the progress of block 27A and 26D..should be ready by now if the external work is 70% complete ba..

yo i just back from viewing a unit at blk 25A. There is really a lot of contractor waiting downstairs to bring u up to see the unit they are renovating lor.. keke

Btw we spoke to a worker there.. guess what.. they say they will be handing the keys for BLk 27A to HDB in 15 days time!! :dancingqueen: today HDb is already doing inspection for blk 27A le

Edited by elaine1205

dear neighbrs,

anyone noe whether it's possible to buy over a small portion of the common corridor?

for the 4 roomers, except for those in 25a, the units are all door-to-door and only one unit is possible to buy over the corridor.

question is...there's G&W at one side of the wall...Is it possible to buy over the land in this case? Will they need to check the meters every 2 mth or sth?? The I*dian security guard said can apply to HDB now...any idea whether that's true and anyone noes the approximate cost?