Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

wow thanks crazycar for so much fotos contributions! care to share which block u moving in?

oh then u can wait for next yr's round of ikea annual sales as well.. :dunno:

Ikea sales kinda lousy... and their quality is kinda bad

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ok thx for the help :dunno:

Yup, will look around for IDs and furnitures then, as would like to move in asap when get the keys although may decide to get the keys later :good:

The only problem is I still do not have an idea how would the flat be like, coz only have the floor plan to deal with... :dunno:

hubby also said that no hurry to source anything yet until we see the unit. Because very hard to tell using the floor plan. just like the unit we viewed at 25A #19, didn't know is only 90sqm.

we also want to move in fast but would be next june / oct . if neigbhouring so quiet, also dare not to move in cos' is quiet.

Ikea sales kinda lousy... and their quality is kinda bad

mm.. agree their furniture sucks.. but i'm thinking to get the lights n accessories frm ikea.. some n cheap n good designs.. i'll b waiting to buy this light ikealightvj9.jpg:dunno:

mm.. agree their furniture sucks.. but i'm thinking to get the lights n accessories frm ikea.. some n cheap n good designs.. i'll b waiting to buy this light ikealightvj9.jpg:dunno:

we saw this lamp, vy nice.

Which blk are you?

I'm in Blk 26A. :dribble:

BTW these pictures were taken from a 4 room unit in Blk 25A. BTW I have removed the first picture as I din realised that the unit no. was displayed. The owner was kind enough to let me roamed around his place. So I shouldn't 'advertise' his unit no.

I'm in Blk 26A. :dribble:

BTW these pictures were taken from a 4 room unit in Blk 25A. BTW I have removed the first picture as I din realised that the unit no. was displayed. The owner was kind enough to let me roamed around his place. So I shouldn't 'advertise' his unit no.

Anyway, at a glance we should able to see the unit cos' is there...

anyway, almost the same design

dorcas,

Convenient to share the layout of ur WIW? I wanted one too but so far, none of the IDs is able to design a WIW in the so small MBR without sacrificing the 2 bedside small tables.

Edited by moonbell

hubby also said that no hurry to source anything yet until we see the unit. Because very hard to tell using the floor plan. just like the unit we viewed at 25A #19, didn't know is only 90sqm.

we also want to move in fast but would be next june / oct . if neigbhouring so quiet, also dare not to move in cos' is quiet.

Someone must move in first. If all waiting for one another to move in, then all our hair will turn white. :dribble:

As for combining BR 2 and MBR and might cause a problem in selling off your unit after 5 yrs time, we did think of this too. For such a unit, there will be 2 kinds of buyer. Either he/she love your layout + furnishings and will not do much reno or will spend a lot redoing your whole house. I am not really worry about that cos building back a wall ain't v exp. Now what is best is stay at your own comfort. Since you already got such a good location, go all out.

Someone must move in first. If all waiting for one another to move in, then all our hair will turn white. :dribble:

As for combining BR 2 and MBR and might cause a problem in selling off your unit after 5 yrs time, we did think of this too. For such a unit, there will be 2 kinds of buyer. Either he/she love your layout + furnishings and will not do much reno or will spend a lot redoing your whole house. I am not really worry about that cos building back a wall ain't v exp. Now what is best is stay at your own comfort. Since you already got such a good location, go all out.

Yes, that's my thought too. If intend to sell, try not to do much hacking. We will not do so much of carpentary work also as we thinking to sell maybe in 5yrs time or never :dribble:

dorcas,

Convenient to share the layout of ur WIW? I wanted one too but so far, none of the IDs is able to design a WIW in the so small MBR without sacrificing the 2 bedside small tables.

Hi moonbell,

I would agree with the IDs that it is really impossible to do a WIW in our small little MBR. The most is a one stretch wardrobe. Mine is a L-shape wardrobe in BR 2.

Yes, that's my thought too. If intend to sell, try not to do much hacking. We will not do so much of carpentary work also as we thinking to sell maybe in 5yrs time or never :dribble:

We just do what is comfortable for us now. Of cos that area can really fetch a very good price. But also that area is a very good location. I scare 5 yrs later, i dun wish to leave. :dribble:

Also if your house looks good, I think it will also be able to fetch a good price. I believe many ppl are planning to sell it off after 5 yrs time. Buyer will also factor that in too.

Just like hacking BR 2, some buyers may like that concept too cos it's really small. You never know.

we will redo the toilet tiles after 5 years cos' no point waste the extra $$$ if do now.

we will visit the site again tomorrow to see whether the #19 cabinets is ready..

Edited by nemofc

Pole system wardrobe is possible... gotta give a minimum 1.1m of space from the wall

some ideas for a WIW here >> http://www.ikea.com.sg/better_sleep/2007/i...room_cat_07.pdf

To me, WIW would be good to be done in an enclosed space esp for open wardrobes. If you use those pole systems in your MBR, I think it is a mess bcos you will have different colours of clothings hanging and it's not as nice as those open wardrobes advertisement.

If you really want to do wardrobe in your MBR, then live with a 7ft length wardrobe.