Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

$30k for reno alone is consider alot.. haha, unless u have in mind alot of carpentary, design features. Reno costs alone does not include alot of things.. I did an estimate, to complete the whole house, with all electrical appliances, furniture, reno, mattress, deco, we will need around a $45k budget.. *faint*... Somemore cut off alot of things liao.. :dancingqueen:

so much? :sport-smiley-004:

we looking at $10-15k only. we will buy those that we need first.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No lah - no secretive la :dancingqueen:

for some topics, better not to mention exactly the name / item else others will get offended. Just want to be sure on that...

she showed me the 4 and 5-rm units...

in the 4-rm unit, she mentioned that the electrical points given are not conveniently located... gotta do a lot of re-wiring work...

also may not be possible to do sliding door for the kitchen entrance because there are electrical and SVC points on one side of the wall and the electric circuit breaker box on the other side, so the door can't slide into either side of the wall.. she mentioned may have to do bifold door, which is even more ex than sliding door... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by redbottle

so much? :sport-smiley-004:

we looking at $10-15k only. we will buy those that we need first.

my budget same as yours... cos renov dun factor in the lightings, fittings, etc.

she showed me the 4 and 5-rm units...

in the 4-rm unit, she mentioned that the electrical points given are not conveniently located... gotta do a lot of re-wiring work...

also may not be possible to do sliding door for the kitchen entrance because there are electrical and SVC points on one side of the wall and the electric circuit breaker box on the other side, so the door can't slide into either side of the wall.. she mentioned may have to do bifold door, which is even more ex than sliding door... :dancingqueen:

not to mention you cant hack that wall off, unless you are prepared to re-wire the whole hse.

another alternative (idea from an ID) is to do a normal door, either swing inwards or outwards

my budget same as yours... cos renov dun factor in the lightings, fittings, etc.

not to mention you cant hack that wall off, unless you are prepared to re-wire the whole hse.

another alternative (idea from an ID) is to do a normal door, either swing inwards or outwards

only left one side for the swing door to swing open to and that is to the household shelter wall... cos one side is the toilet entrance, one side is the fridge area and the other side is the main door area...

some more, if planning to do shoe cabinet along the household shelter wall, then no more side for the swing door to swing open to liaox... :sport-smiley-004:

Blk 25 4 room "showroom unit" is kinda diff compared to mine... there is no corner on the left side of the door when u enter.

Anyone noticed that too?

Edited by OnePostWonder

Pole system wardrobe is possible... gotta give a minimum 1.1m of space from the wall

some ideas for a WIW here >> http://www.ikea.com.sg/better_sleep/2007/i...room_cat_07.pdf

i went to the Alumix showroom last weekend... v nice WIW :) ... price range is about $100 pfr, depending on the configurations (shelves, cabinets, suspended drawers, drawers on castors, clothes hangers) but excluding doors... got 8 or 9 colors to choose from... price is inclusive of delivery, installation and 1-year warranty on mechanism... no drilling into walls and ceilings required...

7-ft tempered glass sliding doors cos about $800 and tempered glass bifold doors about $1300...

their more expensive brand is Ximula, which is Alumix spelt backwards :dancingqueen: ... Ximula typically about twice the price of Alumix cos Ximula has nicer profiles/shapes, better quality finishings and anti-slam drawers...

the cheaper alternative is IKEA... say for a similar 7-ft WIW configuration, if Alumix costs $700, then IKEA will cost abt $400 + $100 for delivery and installation... also, IKEA's WIW requires drilling into the ceiling and has no warranty...

y so secretive about Karen? she was giving out her namecard...

hahaa.. no secretive la.. jus tat the namecard she gave me was her colleague's namecard.. daniel (i forgot surname liao).. hee..

my reno budget is 25k + all those furnitures and electrical products...at least need 40k. Also quite scary. No choice got to build our home sweet home..have to spend.

I hope my reno will be less than 15k..preferably 10k or less hehe...coz still need to get furniture and stuffs... :dancingqueen:

So hope to get a good deal...of coz the work and design must be good too keke :)

hahaa.. no secretive la.. jus tat the namecard she gave me was her colleague's namecard.. daniel (i forgot surname liao).. hee..

oh, she gave me Daniel's card too... but I also asked for hers :)

I hope my reno will be less than 15k..preferably 10k or less hehe...coz still need to get furniture and stuffs... :)

So hope to get a good deal...of coz the work and design must be good too keke :D

me too. hope so.

could someone teach me how to load the pix next to my name? thanks

I hope my reno will be less than 15k..preferably 10k or less hehe...coz still need to get furniture and stuffs... :)

So hope to get a good deal...of coz the work and design must be good too keke :D

The reno can be done at less than $10k meh?? Cos i think we already very very budget liao leh, but seems like not enuf leh... If can, we also dun want go beyond $15k.. All these Ks alot of $$$$ leh... *pain* Guess the damages will flow over at least 2 years.. Cos alot of electrical appliances will be using credit card 0% interest free instalments.. Hehehe...

me too. hope so.

could someone teach me how to load the pix next to my name? thanks

upload an image to www.imageshack.us, copy the link and go to "My Controls", Personal Profile > Edit Signature.

The link that you should copy from imageshack is the last link "Direct link to image"

The reno can be done at less than $10k meh?? Cos i think we already very very budget liao leh, but seems like not enuf leh... If can, we also dun want go beyond $15k.. All these Ks alot of $$$$ leh... *pain* Guess the damages will flow over at least 2 years.. Cos alot of electrical appliances will be using credit card 0% interest free instalments.. Hehehe...

if choose all the cheaper materials, it's quite possible to be less than $10k... some contractors are doing that...