Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think around mid oct or early nov lah.

You are under sers?

Hi neighbours,

Went to look at the progress of my block 26B yesterday. Soooo slow. Happened to speak to the security officer there. Was complaining about the progress, he said, "Dont worry la, the construction company will be LDed, $10,000 per day if they missed the completion target of 1st October 2007." $10,000 is not much from a profit of $40,000,000 for the whole project. ;(

Not very comforted cos looking at the progress, I honestly doubt my block as well as the rest of the fixtures and facade will be ready by 1st October.

Thought I would be spending my Christmas there, now I am praying hard to get my home ready for "Gong Xi Fa Cai" next year.

Nevertheless, early neighbours can organize the BBQ so we can celebrate being neighbours soon. :yamseng:

Hi neighbours,

Went to look at the progress of my block 26B yesterday. Soooo slow. Happened to speak to the security officer there. Was complaining about the progress, he said, "Dont worry la, the construction company will be LDed, $10,000 per day if they missed the completion target of 1st October 2007." $10,000 is not much from a profit of $40,000,000 for the whole project. ;(

Not very comforted cos looking at the progress, I honestly doubt my block as well as the rest of the fixtures and facade will be ready by 1st October.

Thought I would be spending my Christmas there, now I am praying hard to get my home ready for "Gong Xi Fa Cai" next year.

Nevertheless, early neighbours can organize the BBQ so we can celebrate being neighbours soon. :)

think the priority will goes to the SERS instead of balloting exercise ones. :yamseng:

Well. It cost $500 + + less than Best Denki and the lady at the Expo gave us a very very detailed explanation of the aircon. I am actually impressed by her knowledge and sincerly.

Icic oh, I didnt check out the prices outside so didnt dare to commit myself...the guy gave me 3k plus...for 3 bedrooms and living room..not sure if it is worth it :yamseng:

Icic oh, I didnt check out the prices outside so didnt dare to commit myself...the guy gave me 3k plus...for 3 bedrooms and living room..not sure if it is worth it :yamseng:

Hmmm, the package i signed with my ID comes with free system 3 air-con, but is Fuji brand. Not sure good anot.

Also, for information, there will be another 2 home and deco fairs in Expo, one in Sept and the other in Oct. :jawdrop:

Hmmm, the package i signed with my ID comes with free system 3 air-con, but is Fuji brand. Not sure good anot.

Also, for information, there will be another 2 home and deco fairs in Expo, one in Sept and the other in Oct. :dancingqueen:

Yup, more fairs to see hehe...think next month at Expo one is Perfect Living?

Hope got better deals :notti:

Also, for information, there will be another 2 home and deco fairs in Expo, one in Sept and the other in Oct. :(

Which id you sign on with, care to share with us or pm me??

I am still searching high and low and undergroud.

Which id you sign on with, care to share with us or pm me??

I am still searching high and low and undergroud.

We signed with ***** to secure the package first.. Many stuffs not finalised yet, then the quotation also not received yet, so unable to share the cost with you guys first.. I will get the quotation and 3D drawings together.. :)

We signed with them cos we seen and like many of their designs and so far, we are quite comfortable with our ID also. If we decide not to go to them for the renovation after they had finalised the quotation and drawings, the deposit can be used to offset one of the item in their package within the value paid. So we feel that its quite a fair and reasonable deal, so we signed with them to secure the package price.. :dunno:

the contractor in charge of the "showroom unit" gives Mitsubishi air-con

Mitsubishi brand better ar?? Haven't really evaluated which brand is good and energy saving..

We signed with ***** to secure the package first.. Many stuffs not finalised yet, then the quotation also not received yet, so unable to share the cost with you guys first.. I will get the quotation and 3D drawings together.. :)

We signed with them cos we seen and like many of their designs and so far, we are quite comfortable with our ID also. If we decide not to go to them for the renovation after they had finalised the quotation and drawings, the deposit can be used to offset one of the item in their package within the value paid. So we feel that its quite a fair and reasonable deal, so we signed with them to secure the package price.. :dunno:

Mitsubishi brand better ar?? Haven't really evaluated which brand is good and energy saving..

I went there last sunday very late.

Manage to talk to 2 id.

1 is ***** & the other is Arts & Thots.

Are they ok?

think the priority will goes to the SERS instead of balloting exercise ones. :furious:

I am from the SERS, so dont think there are any special privileges awarded to us. It really depends on the progress I guess. Just a bit disappointed that my 26B is way behind completion while most people are already having fun with their renovation liao. :dunno:

I went there last sunday very late.

Manage to talk to 2 id.

1 is ***** & the other is Arts & Thots.

Are they ok?

I didn't talk to both, we check with I-bridge and ***, yet to receive their quotations, but we just didn't click with the ID.. Also, we feel that the ID from one of them is over accomodating, everything we said was "can be done", '"should be ok", though he was very sincere, he seems very blur, the last thing we want is a blur blur ID... :furious:

I am from the SERS, so dont think there are any special privileges awarded to us. It really depends on the progress I guess. Just a bit disappointed that my 26B is way behind completion while most people are already having fun with their renovation liao. :dunno:

ya agree tat we SERS bunch no privilege to get keys any faster leh.. really depends on the flat progress v much indeed.. sigh..

but i also enjoying the progress of renovation already.. in the sense that.. keep digging info abt materials.. layouts.. designs.. etc.. then bug my designer for drawings to play with.. haha.. shopping for furnishing stuffs (oh window shopping i mean).. take note the trends, the prices, etc.. notice wat the shop's interiors.. it is already a habit in me.. i'm not even looking at the clothes or shoes or bags.. but rather keep staring n touching their shelves, laminate floors, glass doors, mirrors, color combi.. etc.. hahahahaa.. :furious: