Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

:notti: precisely alot money, we dont down to be taking bank loan...already need to take reno loan as we hope to pay without help from parents :(

renov loan :P you planning to do alot of renov? alot of carpentary work?

basically, we just need MBR wardrobe & 1 common room wardrobe, painting the house, tiles on floor, doing up the whole house - cornics, relay cables (maybe), kitchen cabinets (no top cabinet). NOT doing both toilets.

What do you guys think mine will cost?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i guess linggie will be staying in her 5 room unit for a long period of time, so it makes it worthwhile to do the house nicely...

i think it's better to pay 0% interest for furnishings instead of paying in full... reno loan is not interest free :P

basically, we just need MBR wardrobe & 1 common room wardrobe, painting the house, tiles on floor, doing up the whole house - cornics, relay cables (maybe), kitchen cabinets (no top cabinet). NOT doing both toilets.

same here, not doing much for those item installed by HDB. maybe btw 10-20K depending on materials/design

i guess linggie will be staying in her 5 room unit for a long period of time, so it makes it worthwhile to do the house nicely...

i think it's better to pay 0% interest for furnishings instead of paying in full... reno loan is not interest free :notti:

save the interest better... even if earning more than 8K :(

Edited by kriegs

some approx costs:

7 ft MBR wardrobe: $1500

4 ft common room wardrobe: $800

painting: $1100

tiling: $4000

cornices for 3 bedrooms: $1100

cornice for living room: $300

8 ft bottom kitchen cabinet: $800

8 ft solid surface worktop: $600

plus basic plumbing and electrical works..

think at least $10k bah...

renov loan :jawdrop: you planning to do alot of renov? alot of carpentary work?

mm.. sounds like my list of to-dos leh.. really depends on materials u choose loh.. it is a great diff if using post-form or solid surface for your kitchen countertop.. like wise to use laminates or homos... etc.. :deal:

for me.. attentively 23k+... but cos i'm asking to change rooms from laminates to homos.. not sure how much to top up.. n also cos not doing top cabinate abv washing area liao.. tinking will it be able to offset the cost to change frm local brand solid surface to LG solid surface.. etc.. :dunno:

mm.. sounds like my list of to-dos leh.. really depends on materials u choose loh.. it is a great diff if using post-form or solid surface for your kitchen countertop.. like wise to use laminates or homos... etc.. :deal:

for me.. attentively 23k+... but cos i'm asking to change rooms from laminates to homos.. not sure how much to top up.. n also cos not doing top cabinate abv washing area liao.. tinking will it be able to offset the cost to change frm local brand solid surface to LG solid surface.. etc.. :dunno:

perhaps can try the solid surface from Samsung... the brand is called Staron... it is also 100% acrylate, but cheaper than LG's Hi-Mac or Dupont's Corian... an ID quoted me $100 pfr of Staron but i've read in renotalk/SgBride that less than $90 pfr is possible... :deal:

Anyone knows whether there is any 5-rm unit to view? I am very anxious to see the area for my new flat leh..

i've seen one 5-rm unit in 25A with windows opened, on a high floor, but dun know exactly which one... perhaps got contractor already doing reno there already... :jawdrop:

u can easily identify which unit is already doing reno by just looking at whether there is a padlock on the main gate... :deal:

Edited by redbottle

you went to 25A ? is open?

we will decide later after collecting the keys.

I went to my block 26D, its not open yet...so have to find some way to get up...just to take a look at the unit layout... :deal:

Think 25A looks ready although didnt go there hehe :deal:

sg electricity is much more expensive than gas.. :jawdrop:

Yup true..hehe..but electric seems safer..for me at least.. :dunno:

:jawdrop: yes yes going to live very very long, even taken into consideration for 2 kids :dunno:

5 room come almost empty so we are prepared for the high cost of renovation.

I went to my block 26D, its not open yet...so have to find some way to get up...just to take a look at the unit layout... :)

Think 25A looks ready although didnt go there hehe :)

Yup true..hehe..but electric seems safer..for me at least.. :deal:

25A IS ready... some units already doing reno liaox... :deal:

hi all neighbours, for those looking for glass hob.. :jawdrop: beware :dunno: .. there're cases of shattering for cooking less than an hour..

another case of glass hob shattering... :deal:

deliza hob shattered

some approx costs:

7 ft MBR wardrobe: $1500

4 ft common room wardrobe: $800

painting: $1100

tiling: $4000

cornices for 3 bedrooms: $1100

cornice for living room: $300

8 ft bottom kitchen cabinet: $800

8 ft solid surface worktop: $600

plus basic plumbing and electrical works..

think at least $10k bah...

:jawdrop: thanks for estimator quote ...

so much to catch up after lunch.

so, manage to add in right? actually, copy all & paste lor... heee :dunno:

i have just called to check on the keys. Customer Service officer said keys not returned by Contractor yet, so will have to wait. /sigh

10q...edited liao...

hmm...think u dun have to wait too long... so excited for you... :jawdrop:

mm.. sounds like my list of to-dos leh.. really depends on materials u choose loh.. it is a great diff if using post-form or solid surface for your kitchen countertop.. like wise to use laminates or homos... etc.. :dunno:

for me.. attentively 23k+... but cos i'm asking to change rooms from laminates to homos.. not sure how much to top up.. n also cos not doing top cabinate abv washing area liao.. tinking will it be able to offset the cost to change frm local brand solid surface to LG solid surface.. etc.. :jawdrop:

i'm also looking at solid top surface. I'm not doing top cabinet (all), only "1" horizontal up beside the fridge and a full bottom cabinet.

i'm also looking at solid top surface. I'm not doing top cabinet (all), only "1" horizontal up beside the fridge and a full bottom cabinet.

does HDB allow us to cover up this big u-tube at a top corner of the kitchen??? :jawdrop:

P1100487.JPG

perhaps can try the solid surface from Samsung... the brand is called Staron... it is also 100% acrylate, but cheaper than LG's Hi-Mac or Dupont's Corian... an ID quoted me $100 pfr of Staron but i've read in renotalk/SgBride that less than $90 pfr is possible... :dunno:

ya i know staron, in fact, i've checked out stile's quartz, dupont corian, LG hi-mac, n samsung staron before.. LG now hv a new range i tink.. dunno wat volcano something.. i read something abt lavastone(not frm LG, but read on this material i mean).. but is even much more expensive than solid surface in general regardless of brands.. hehehee.. for the LG new range i hv yet to check it out la..

but i hv a fren previously in renovation industry.. now my colleague la.. he's profession in the finance dept.. he recomm me LG solid surface cos he personally used tat in his new place.. now coming to a "2nd anniversary" of his lovenest liao.. haha.. their kitchen has high usage yet the LG solid top still looking s beautiful s new.. he has preferred LG over other brands for many yrs already.. n tis time when he got his own place he said it has proven his preference is a v right choice loh.. n he told me to get white top.. cos dark top esp black ones r more headache than white ones.. he said thou many ppl said white surface may scare later turn yellowish.. he told me not to worry for tat.. i also :jawdrop: ... it is still in a dilemma to get wat colors yet.. but his vote on LG.. i'm quite convinced thou..