Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wormz777

Sealing Up Of Mini Window

Dear all,

I just bought a resale flat. The problem is there is a mini ventilation window at the top corner of the MBR and it totally spoils the whole look of the room!

Any ways or contractor to reccommend to seal up that window so that the whole wall looks unifom?

Thanks for your help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear all,

I just bought a resale flat. The problem is there is a mini ventilation window at the top corner of the MBR and it totally spoils the whole look of the room!

Any ways or contractor to reccommend to seal up that window so that the whole wall looks unifom?

Thanks for your help!

I had a ventilation window at my MBR that looks very unsightly too...had wanted my ID to remove and plaster the wall but they tried and couldn't remove it...in the end, i just covered with curtains...

Have you considered why HDB put it there in the first place? Isn't ventilation important, for better air quality and health?

If you must seal it up, you just need to put a false wall (gypsum board) over it, flush with the concrete wall.

My previous house... both the MBR and my son's room also have the window... I didn't seal it up... not so much for ventilation... because they are always close... worry that the rain come in... the bed are just below it... but with the window... the room is brighter...

My current house... no such window in the MBR... but there is one in my son's room... so happen that the bedroom set cover up the window...

Unfortunately, any external structures are not under your control. That include any form of windows. In fact, anything that affects the whole block in terms of functionality and look can't be modified by you.

that one is the HDB structure, it's normally there for the older flats corner unit. Just find a contractor seal up with a small white board can le. but one punch will open it again, so rem dun go and bang into it.

that one is the HDB structure, it's normally there for the older flats corner unit. Just find a contractor seal up with a small white board can le. but one punch will open it again, so rem dun go and bang into it.

Ya... nobrain1 is correct.

I am only looking to cover the window on the inside, not altering the external appearance for the flat or removing the window althgether. I know this is a contractor job, but which contractor would wanna take up such a small job.

Thinking of DIY - getting a platform and using cement putty to smoothen out the surface, but not sure how feasilble is this idea.

Thus, would appreciate if anyone know of any contractor who do this kind of small reno jobs.

U take a walk to any of the id firm, they will be happy to help you but price-wise, will u be happy to pay???

yah, normally no contractor will wanna do it one de. they charge u $100 to put a white board u wan or not??? after that u will think !@#$ like dat oso can. i'm oso irritated by the lobang but my ID tell me that one cannot seal dead cos HDB structure and when pple buy they complain u got to tear it open de...so unless u do reno then ask yr contractor to help u do la, mine did for me FOC so i think it's not too much of trouble. Easiest way to solve it like the others say, put a painting over it 搞定.

Hi Wormz,

There are 101 ways to cover up the vent by DIY.

One good way already mentioned is to hang picture.

there are other ways to cover up the small vent holes but vent holes is a good light source ( if you appreciate lights into the room) I suggest ways to cover it up, your power of imagination is essential:

1) Measure the dimension of the vent ( exact size) , go to picture frame maker and do up a simple frame. Once its done , bring it home and insert it into the vent, any small side gaps between frame and concrete just use white silicone to cover up. Now u can do wonders - u can use patterned silk cloth, or any embroideries and make use of the natural light coming it from the vent to bring our the color or design. U turn an ugly spot to one of beauty.

2) put up shelves just underneath the vent and put nice potted indoor pants there where small light source is essential for the plants. this way you put life into the room. don worry about mosquitoes as long as u don flood the pot.

of cos there are other ways. but hope this will fire your imagination to do something interesting to your room.