Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Disposing of Air Con Units of existing House

Hi

If I intend to replace the aircon units during the reconstruction of my house, can I sell them away? Anyone done this beforehand? Or you just leave it to the Builders to take away?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
54 minutes ago, Topline said:

Is it not possible to sell them?

Well you can try calling aircon companies to see if anyone wants to buy. But do it before you handover the house

Thanks Snoozee. Btw, instead of installing a ceiling fan, what if I just rely on the fan function of my air con unit. Ie. switch off the air con function and just use fan function. Do you think that is feasible?

17 minutes ago, Topline said:

Thanks Snoozee. Btw, instead of installing a ceiling fan, what if I just rely on the fan function of my air con unit. Ie. switch off the air con function and just use fan function. Do you think that is feasible?

just install a ceiling fan if you can. running cost would be much lower and provides better circulation than a aircon blower.
FYI, i'm just using KDK regulator based AC fans for my rooms. power consumption is around 50w if on max speed. similar consumption or lower than DC fans but at a much cheaper price. So don't be taken in by the marketing of DC fans with lower power consumption since you end up paying for the electrical savings by paying much more for the fan up front.
for my living room, i splurged on a 84 inch haiku fan as it does its job very well even on very hot days. the fan has 10 speeds and highest we've used is speed 4 and it is usually at speed 3 only. I have aircon for my living room but it is hardly used unless wife needs the aircon on when baking cakes on a hot day.