Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stl67

Turbine Ventilation And Solar Heating

Hi,

Appreciate if anyone can share with me the experience of using Turbine ventilation to cool down roof top and also using Solar Heating to heat up the water.

Thanks vm.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I only know solar heating is expensive because I asked for a quote and fainted.

How much were you quoted for solar heating if I may ask ?

How much were you quoted for solar heating if I may ask ?

solar water heating approx 5k, i believe. to rich for my blood, even though i want to be environmental.

hi, can i know more about this solar water heating?

how does it work?

It has something to do with ths sun?

Solar cells. Electric energy. Power to Heater.

hi, can i know more about this solar water heating?

how does it work?

Instead of having multiple hotwater heater per bathroom, solar panel(s) are installed on your roof. The sun will heat up the solar panel(s) and in turn will heat-up the water-tank. Hot water can be used for all bathrooms and taps even in kicthen.

On continuous rainy/gloomy days, owner can turn on the switch to heat-up the water tank if the solar energy is insufficient.

A simple layman's attempt to explain ... kekeke

Can goto this website "www.edwards.com.au" for more info ...

Solar Water heater costs ard$5K, but that excludes the additional piping work that needs to be done, which may cost another $1K.

Normal stoage heater is at the bathroom itself, but a solar heater is centrally located on the roof and the single tank needs to be connected to every tap point.

Solar heater works by the sun energy heating up water in pipes in a rectangular box called a solar collector. Hot water rises inside the pipe and collects in a tank. The bottom of the tank is connected back to the solar collector so there is a constant reheating of the tank water. Inside the tank is a electrical backup heater like a storage heater, only to be turned on during continuous cloudy days.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/uploadedIma...9-070-01pic.jpg

I just wonder how reliable the solar heating system is as compare to storage heater.

Will it break down easily? So far, very hard to find out how reliable solar system on the internet as not many people talk about it.

I just wonder how reliable the solar heating system is as compare to storage heater.

Will it break down easily? So far, very hard to find out how reliable solar system on the internet as not many people talk about it.

While mine has not given me any problem at all ... I bought my place almost 5 years ago (and it was about 7 yrs old by then) and it came with the solar heater.

Until now, I have not had any problem except to changeout a leaking valve.

But having said that, I find that products from yester-years are so much more durable and tough than many these days ... they are designed to break down immediately once warranty expires :notti:! Not to mention workmanship ...

:D

While mine has not given me any problem at all ... I bought my place almost 5 years ago (and it was about 7 yrs old by then) and it came with the solar heater.

Until now, I have not had any problem except to changeout a leaking valve.

But having said that, I find that products from yester-years are so much more durable and tough than many these days ... they are designed to break down immediately once warranty expires :)! Not to mention workmanship ...

:bangwall:

For a total of 7 years without major problem I will say it is good. Even my storage heater need to change the valve around 5 years.

i did some research on this for my house, in SG context, payback is almost non existence as the cost is just too high unless you are doing this for other reasons.

The solar panel is expensive and there is no subsidy from the Government on going green. The panel is **** heavy, at least 500kg, you need to get a special lifting truck to place that on top of your roof.

I dropped the idea after much consideration. :dunno:

The other thing is that i also did some research on water recycling as well which i also dropped :bangwall:

if you are interested in water recycling try hansgrohe, they have a neat system that hotel uses, my household cannot generate enough recycling water for any payback...even i have a big koi pond, maybe a big swimming pool. :yamseng:

Hi,

Appreciate if anyone can share with me the experience of using Turbine ventilation to cool down roof top and also using Solar Heating to heat up the water.

Thanks vm.