Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madmax67

L-box

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For downlight, wat shape is in trend now? Round or Square?

Maybe some ID will tell you the square design are trendy now. But practically, both shape have been in the market for long time liao. There isn't much to play with round shape. As for sq shape, you can either align them in linear or diamand layout (ie. corner facing corner). One caution you have to take note for square shape is that the electrician have to spend alot of effort to install them so that the lighting are align neatly. It looks ugly when there is a misalignment, when the round shape seldom have this problem unless the alignment is really out by alot

Maybe some ID will tell you the square design are trendy now. But practically, both shape have been in the market for long time liao. There isn't much to play with round shape. As for sq shape, you can either align them in linear or diamand layout (ie. corner facing corner). One caution you have to take note for square shape is that the electrician have to spend alot of effort to install them so that the lighting are align neatly. It looks ugly when there is a misalignment, when the round shape seldom have this problem unless the alignment is really out by alot

thanks bullet.. hv decided to get the round shape.. designer says the trend for round shape coming back.. dunno real or not.. but hubby prefer round ones too :bleah:

Currently have bought some square shape downlight for the L-box.

the size of the light is about 5 inches by 5 inches..

talk to contractor on the width of the L-box. ask him whether can have a width 0f 15 inches for

the L-box to run around the hall . He said that L- box come in std width of 12 or 18 or 24 inches.

Just wondering what is the norm now for the width as feel that 12 inches is a bit too narrow to hold the lights.

How much per foot run for L box in the market?

1 per foot run = $ ??? in the market?

How about the wiring and labour cost?

Care to share?

Can I check with you guys.. Is L-Box's lights enuff for each room (eg: living room or bedroom)? Or do I need extra lights in the middle of the ceiling? Are L-Box's lights similar to those lights found in cornice?

Very confused with all the lights, now that I'm reading up on all these for my reno.

Can I check with you guys.. Is L-Box's lights enuff for each room (eg: living room or bedroom)? Or do I need extra lights in the middle of the ceiling? Are L-Box's lights similar to those lights found in cornice?

Very confused with all the lights, now that I'm reading up on all these for my reno.

Hi Angel81,

I am using L-Box for all my bedrooms with throw lights, according to my ID, he mentioned that it is bright enuf. But also depending on your bedroom size and your lighting tolerance.

Do a quick check with your ID, see what they says?

:dancingqueen:

Hi Tofler,

Thanks for the reply! But erh, wat's throw lights?

I've been looking at pics of reno here, and it seems like most pple juz have L-Box and there's no need for extra lights in the middle of the ceiling or elsewhere. So was wondering, if all lights are at the side, will the middle be dark? (haha.. pardon mi for my ignorance, first time doing reno)

That's the thing, we dun reali intend to get ID, cuz we know the design and placement of furniture we want. We'll be getting contractors, so scare wait the contractors juz wait for directives and give no input. So better ask around first loh. :)

Edited by Angel81

Hi Tofler,

Thanks for the reply! But erh, wat's throw lights?

I've been looking at pics of reno here, and it seems like most pple juz have L-Box and there's no need for extra lights in the middle of the ceiling or elsewhere. So was wondering, if all lights are at the side, will the middle be dark? (haha.. pardon mi for my ignorance, first time doing reno)

That's the thing, we dun reali intend to get ID, cuz we know the design and placement of furniture we want. We'll be getting contractors, so scare wait the contractors juz wait for directives and give no input. So better ask around first loh. :)

HI Angel81,

Throw lights are fluorescent tubes hidden in the false ceiling to give out cove lightings that would reflect on the ceilings then to the ground.

this is an example of cove light

Cove Lightings Examples

Getting a good idea, which i feel that they contribute more as a person who is able to give you a better suggestion on space planning. Juz my one cent worth... my ID manage to convince us to hack away the kitchen wallls and plan out a kitchen island right thru the living area which i feel that it was really a good idea that we and my wife would not be able to think of :P

Hi Tofler,

Thanks the the info! Well, my HB is pretty sensitive to dust, we don't intend to do cove lighting (afraid that dust might collect there). Therefore we can only consider L-Box.

Hehe, we thought of hacking the walls and doing a open concept kitchen that leads to the dining room. But gota see the cost of hacking. Signz... $$$... :P

Hi Tofler,

Thanks the the info! Well, my HB is pretty sensitive to dust, we don't intend to do cove lighting (afraid that dust might collect there). Therefore we can only consider L-Box.

Hehe, we thought of hacking the walls and doing a open concept kitchen that leads to the dining room. But gota see the cost of hacking. Signz... $$$... :P

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the fluorescent tubes placed into the L-Box to get the cove lighting.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jObgNd8KO4U/SB8_mF...-h/False1_2.JPG