Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Unaunauna

Shipping with FA

I am trying to determine if/how FA handles freight expense.  Here's what happens in real life and what I'd like to do in FA:

I use an online freight consolidator (a branch of the US Postal Service); I prepay for postage and execute the shipment online.

I want to do a JE for the prepaid postage expense and bank account transaction in FA, then consume the postage expense each time I ship a sales order. 

I see where I can setup shipping companies but that appears to be for reference only on invoices.

I was expecting to find a stand alone shipping function within FA but I don't believe it's there.

I'm using FA version 2.3.19

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I wish you a lot of success in achieving your goal. I like that you are confident in yourself and already know what and how to do it. If I need a remote delivery, I always call https://www.sendungsverfolgungpost.de/de/, and I like how they work because I always see where they are what the situation is with my order. I think this would be an excellent example for you. I guess you could even turn to them for help because they are very friendly. And so you will be able to train your loyal customers because that means a lot for a personal business.

Hey there! I totally get your concern about shipping costs; they can be such a pain sometimes. I've ordered stuff online, and it's like they hit you with those extra charges out of nowhere, right? From what I've experienced, some sellers do offer free shipping if you hit a certain spending threshold, so maybe that's something to look out for. Oh, and speaking of online stores, there's this thing called magento 2 restrict shipping that some platforms use to manage shipping options. Just a heads-up, you might come across it while you're shopping around.