Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thuangs

Hard To Decide - Radin Mas Vs. Chij

Hmm.. when you're referring to convent school, it's christian / catholic school rite ?

I thought in christianity, homosexuality is a sin. So if a child enter a christian school, they will be thought of this teaching and values since young. So, there will be less chance the kid will grow up to be homosexual ? (provided they listen to the teaching lah)

Anyway, homosexuality is an individual preference. Know someone from mixed school, turn up to be gay. My husband is from all-male school and he turns up straight. (If not he won't marry me lah!) :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I know this is an old thread but just to add my 2 cents worth.

My daugher is in CHIJ Kellock Convent, she's in Pri 2 this year. Back then, I was also deciding between RMPS and CHIJ. However, I finally decided on CHIJ as we are Christians...even though CHIJ is a catholic school, not so much like a Christian school.

So far, I'm very happy with CHIJ. Teachers and principal are very caring and responsible. My daughter loves school and looks forward to it everyday! However, the principal of 20+ years retired last year and a new principal just came on board. I hope that she would be able to run the school as efficiently as the former one. In fact, I have some friends with daughters in the school and they've always complimented on how good the former principal was. That's also one big reason why I put mine in the school.

On the other hand, I have heard other friends with children in RMPS that the standard has dropped after the new principal came on board a few years back. Not sure how true though.

Both schools, as far as I know, have a great reputation for producing good students. Reputation aside, I feel that how our children perform in school is largely based on themselves and how parents nurture them to excel. Many parents like to blame everything on the school and teachers when their children don't perform, but fail to analyse what they've not done right! I have total trust in the Singapore's education system and believe that no matter how "neighbourhood" the school is, there is already a culture and system set forth by MOE to educate and nurture students.

I just happened to stay within 1km of both schools, hence I was given the liberty of choice. :( Even if I were to stay in a neighbourhood with no good schools around, I would still have put her in a nearby neighbourhood school without 2nd thoughts. I think all primary schools are about the same, the difference will really come in when they enter into secondary schools. That's when we start to worry whether they will get into bad company when they enter a neighbourhood school etc.

I have many friends who sign up as school volunteers or even to the extent of moving to a neighbourhood with good schools. But spare me pls....I really can't be bothered.

With regards to the discussion on homosexuality, it's based on both the internal and external environment. I do agree to a certain extent that being constantly exposed to an environment with homosexuals, it might influence young people to conform. Then again, what's most important is the family upbringing and the family/personal values that parents instill in children that play an even important role. They ought to know from young what's right and wrong. As long as family values get strongly rooted in them from young, I don't see any reason why they would be led astray.