Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thuangs

Hard To Decide - Radin Mas Vs. Chij

Hello everyone...

Which school is better? Radin Mas or Chij? It is quite difficult for me to decide. I looked at 2006 PSLE, Radin Mas is 70 and Chij is about 75. But, Radin Mas is a lead school assiged by MOE. Did anyone know more about these two schools?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A tougue-in-cheek reply from me, but I am serious about it:

Do you want your child to have a higher exposure (and perhaps *touchwood* higher tendency) to homosexuals?? If not, don't send them to a single-sex school.

Don't mean to offend you normal people from single sex schools, but you have to admit that you do see more homosexuals than your counterparts in mixed schools.

Hello everyone...

Which school is better? Radin Mas or Chij? It is quite difficult for me to decide. I looked at 2006 PSLE, Radin Mas is 70 and Chij is about 75. But, Radin Mas is a lead school assiged by MOE. Did anyone know more about these two schools?

Thanks.

Does it matter? What is important is which school is more suitable for your child. If you child cannot take stress, it will be suicidal if you send your kid to a school with 100!:yamseng:!

FYI, I stay less than 5mins from Nan Chiau (I heard that it is a good school). But I choose to register him to SengKang Primary. :disturb:

A tougue-in-cheek reply from me, but I am serious about it:

Do you want your child to have a higher exposure (and perhaps *touchwood* higher tendency) to homosexuals?? If not, don't send them to a single-sex school.

Don't mean to offend you normal people from single sex schools, but you have to admit that you do see more homosexuals than your counterparts in mixed schools.

I think homosexuals are more related to natural, instead of the environment. I have few friends who graduated from CHIJ, and they are 100% normal. I would like to have my daughters to enhance theirs English capability. Will it be a better choice if I go to CHIJ?

Radin Mas is a very good school, but it is difficult to get in... thanks!

I think homosexuals are more related to natural, instead of the environment. I have few friends who graduated from CHIJ, and they are 100% normal. I would like to have my daughters to enhance theirs English capability. Will it be a better choice if I go to CHIJ?

Can ask your child which school does she like? Bring her to both school, let her take a look at each school, facilities and such. It is important that your child also like it cos she is the one going to spend 50% of her time there.

Good luck in finding the right school.

If homosexuals are natural, why are there more homosexuals in single-sex schools than mixed schools? So coincidence meh, all the homosexual babies end up in single-sex schools?

Hehe...but of course, I am not saying ALL graduates from single-sex schools are homosexuals lah, otherwise the govt would close them down liao. Just that the number is higher than mixed schools, so the probability of your daughters being influenced is also higher.

For me I will still try to get my daughters into radin mas first, really cannot then go CHIJ lor. BTW for english, its more of an overall environment, which includes your family. I have several friends from convent schools as well, they got bad grades for english but hokkien/teochew can speak very well!

If homosexuals are natural, why are there more homosexuals in single-sex schools than mixed schools? So coincidence meh, all the homosexual babies end up in single-sex schools?

Hehe...but of course, I am not saying ALL graduates from single-sex schools are homosexuals lah, otherwise the govt would close them down liao. Just that the number is higher than mixed schools, so the probability of your daughters being influenced is also higher.

For me I will still try to get my daughters into radin mas first, really cannot then go CHIJ lor. BTW for english, its more of an overall environment, which includes your family. I have several friends from convent schools as well, they got bad grades for english but hokkien/teochew can speak very well!

Where you get these statistics from?

Seems like over-generalisation...

Neither do I agree that there are higher number of homosexuals in single-gender schools. I think it's a generalisation+narrow mindedness. Besides, homosexuality or lesbianism is associated with sexual behaviour. Children or teens having a crush on friends of same gender is extremely common and I don't call that homosexuality or lesbianism. I found myself getting attracted to girls at different stages and I certainly don't attend any single-gender schools.

I suspect that the 'several friends' zirhk mentioned are the minority who get poor grades for English bcos all my friends from convents or girls' schools are definitely, always, more proficient in English than girls from mixed schools.

Sexuality aside, my friends from convent schools mostly can't speak chinese for nuts, then again, we shouldn't leave everything to the school. Parents should also take a keen hand in the childrens' education.

I believe that being in co-ed schools helps children to socialize with the opposite sex at an earlier age. Single gender schools, I'm not generalizing but question i have is would there be a lack of depth in vision due to less interaction with the opp gender?

why don't let the kids decide? lol.

personally my mum was worried i turned out the wrong way in a single gender school. but then i was glad because i think i would have been much happier having friends from young who are male / female.. rather then just boys only.

Neither do I agree that there are higher number of homosexuals in single-gender schools. I think it's a generalisation+narrow mindedness. Besides, homosexuality or lesbianism is associated with sexual behaviour. Children or teens having a crush on friends of same gender is extremely common and I don't call that homosexuality or lesbianism. I found myself getting attracted to girls at different stages and I certainly don't attend any single-gender schools.

I suspect that the 'several friends' zirhk mentioned are the minority who get poor grades for English bcos all my friends from convents or girls' schools are definitely, always, more proficient in English than girls from mixed schools.

Well there may not be statistics to prove this (because it would be discriminatory to collect such statistics), do think about this:

Since you had found yourself having crushes on girls when you are in a mixed school, where there are boys and girls, won't the chances of your crushes increase if you are in an environment where there are only girls? No need statistics to prove this, its mere law of probability.

As they become more associated with having crushes on the same sex, surely a number of them will become convinced that homosexuality is the way to go. And thus, these few people will turn into gays and lesbians permanently. Sure, that can also happen in a mixed school, BUT because the number of crushes are lesser (cuz don't have so many same sex to have crush on mah), the number of homosexuals becomes lesser. Again, no statistics here, just mere law of probability.

As for English, yeah you are right they form the minority in their school, and that's because of their families' background, whom are not English-speaking. Thus what I was trying to say is that being in a convent/girls' school does not automatically makes one proficient in English; other important factors are like family and peers.

Sexuality aside, my friends from convent schools mostly can't speak chinese for nuts, then again, we shouldn't leave everything to the school. Parents should also take a keen hand in the childrens' education.

I believe that being in co-ed schools helps children to socialize with the opposite sex at an earlier age. Single gender schools, I'm not generalizing but question i have is would there be a lack of depth in vision due to less interaction with the opp gender?

why don't let the kids decide? lol.

personally my mum was worried i turned out the wrong way in a single gender school. but then i was glad because i think i would have been much happier having friends from young who are male / female.. rather then just boys only.

Hehe, you put it in a nice way.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so strong with my words... :D:P:P

Edited by zirhk3355

=)

my friend, please don't say that.

Maybe your choice of words could be better, but the important thing is that; I for one do not believe that you had any ill-conceived intent to mean anything other than to provide your own opinions to assist another forumer to come to a .. erm.. better decision?

No worries, i don't believe that anyone will take it personally, all of us are adults here and we should be able to see read between the lines and see the real intent a person is trying to convey.

=)

my friend, please don't say that.

Maybe your choice of words could be better, but the important thing is that; I for one do not believe that you had any ill-conceived intent to mean anything other than to provide your own opinions to assist another forumer to come to a .. erm.. better decision?

No worries, i don't believe that anyone will take it personally, all of us are adults here and we should be able to see read between the lines and see the real intent a person is trying to convey.

Yes, yes, no ill-intention lah. Just trying to help... :P

Yes, yes, no ill-intention lah. Just trying to help... :)

Just seems to me your logic is slightly flawed.

Well, to each his own I guess... ;)

Just seems to me your logic is slightly flawed.

Well, to each his own I guess... :)

You are right; I am quite biased when comes to homosexuals, which I think is a bane to society. I do not detest individual gays/lesbians, though; I know great people who are homosexuals, but I respect them for their abilities, NOT for their homosexuality.

And if it takes being biased to safeguard my children's interests, I will be as biased as I can, mann! ;)