Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Hi, need some advice here.

Not sure of this is worth the buy.

Quote from Hong Tar for Daikin non-inverter.

Not getting an inverter cause of usage. Most of the time, only MBR on for a couple of hours at night.

Daikin 20,000 BTU R22 multi split non-inverter aircon

M/N: MA56/FT25 x 2/FT35 x 1 c/w ½ thick insulation

(this is a 9000x2, 12000x1 configuration)

Cost: $2,500.00

Note: Bedroom 2 & Study Room long piping estimated extra cost $300.00

To supply and install the air-conditioners in surface mount with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking, cable and stainless steel bracket.

Two times installation.

Equipment warranty: One year’s on spare part & five years’ on compressor from agent.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
finally got my mitshubishi electric sys 4 inverter @ compressor 28kbtu with 1x24kbtu + 1x13kbtu + 2x10kbtu

aircon with installation $3883

armflex 1/2' insulation + copper 22 $230

s/s bracket $150

extended warranty (4yrs) $439

5 yrs servicing $1530

total $6232 (now u tell me!)

:unsure: oops! many money leh... was just thinking, is there any diff between servicing done by them and outside aircon companies ? in term of $$ and workscope ? and the 5 yrs servicing hor, is it once a year or twice a year ?

:unsure: oops! many money leh... was just thinking, is there any diff between servicing done by them and outside aircon companies ? in term of $$ and workscope ? and the 5 yrs servicing hor, is it once a year or twice a year ?

after doing the maths, per trip to service 4 aircon is $90.

1st yr: once every 6 mths

2nd yr: once every 3 mths

3rd yr onwards: once every 4 mths

Hi all, i'm quite new to RT but have been following some of the threads to lookout for info. Just to share what i know from this wk "window shopping" :D

mit elect sys 4 inverter (3x9k BTU + 1x24kBTU) = $3839, mit elect sys 3 inverter ($2919 @ 3x9k BTU) + sys 1 non inverter ($1159 @ 1x18kBTU)

bracket = $150 (NA unless no space to install 2nd compressor if u r goin for sys 3+1)

20 amp isolator = $260 (new flat only come with 1, needed if u r goin for sys 3+1)

upgrade to armaflex 1/2 inch for sys 4 = $150, sys 3 = $120, sys 1 = $ 50

upgrade to copper 22 for sys 4 = $80, sys 3 = $60, sys 1 = $ 20

extended warranty (1 + 4 yrs) for sys 4 = $439, sys 3 = $359, sys 1 = $ 299

As u can c, the above r all mit elect combi (sys 4 inverter / sys 3 inverter + sys 1 non inverter) cos my mbr aircon ledge is too small so i only have limited models to choose from. Actually can only take for example mit elect sys 3 inverter + other brands sys 1 non inverter to save cost. recommended by salesguy is sanyo non inverter, cos the compressor and fancoil r all made in Japan, unlike LG n mit which are made in thailand n china. Dn side is that parts from sanyo r not as ez to get as compared to bigger competitors like toshiba n mit.

Personally i'm considering LG + sanyo, mit + sanyo or sharp + sanyo. I shall not go into details if not it'll b never ending. :P

Just some info to share.

This is expensive. I have got a quote before as below:-

mitshubishi electric sys 4 inverter 4A28kbtu with 1x24kbtu + 1x13kbtu + 2x10kbtu

aircon with installation $3720

armaflex 1/2' insulation + copper G22 $180

s/s bracket $107

extended warranty (4yrs) $350

5 yrs servicing (3 times X 4 FCU per year) $1284

=$5641 all include gst

This is expensive. I have got a quote before as below:-

mitshubishi electric sys 4 inverter 4A28kbtu with 1x24kbtu + 1x13kbtu + 2x10kbtu

aircon with installation $3720

armaflex 1/2' insulation + copper G22 $180

s/s bracket $107

extended warranty (4yrs) $350

5 yrs servicing (3 times X 4 FCU per year) $1284

=$5641 all include gst

wow i paid in excess $591.

where did u buy from?

cash/chq/installement?

wow i paid in excess $591.

where did u buy from?

cash/chq/installement?

yesterday i went to kong tai ( jurong west st 51 ) to look for my regular sales guy for advise. he told me to get a non inverter base on my usage. ( oni MBR from 8pm to 8am, 2 rooms very seldom on, 1 room oni 5 hrs nightly ). he say inverter is good if u have heavy usage then u can really see the savings, else upfront u already pay 800 to 1000 extra for inverter. saving per month eg is 100, u would need to use 10 years to recoup back and air con for 10 years, quite difficult ya.... he oso recommend mit.... ( nt starmex ) guess i have to scout around for new quotation liao... sigh... aircon companies all seem so " pirate". quite stressful...

dun think HDB allow 2 compressor for flats unless new type with a concrete platform for compressor to sit on. unfortunatly, mine cant....

yesterday i went to kong tai ( jurong west st 51 ) to look for my regular sales guy for advise. he told me to get a non inverter base on my usage. ( oni MBR from 8pm to 8am, 2 rooms very seldom on, 1 room oni 5 hrs nightly ). he say inverter is good if u have heavy usage then u can really see the savings, else upfront u already pay 800 to 1000 extra for inverter. saving per month eg is 100, u would need to use 10 years to recoup back and air con for 10 years, quite difficult ya.... he oso recommend mit.... ( nt starmex ) guess i have to scout around for new quotation liao... sigh... aircon companies all seem so " pirate". quite stressful...

dun think HDB allow 2 compressor for flats unless new type with a concrete platform for compressor to sit on. unfortunatly, mine cant....

me too, my new place is old hdb and dont have its own aircon ledge or else i also follow u buy non-inverter.

initially lookin for system 4 but i scared if the compressor give way then i die. so now plan is to go for 2 set of system 2. if one give way, at least the other still can use and if i switch on all 4 units, all will be cool so oni mit elec ( nt heavy industry ) and daikin have sytem 2 non invertor. as i have a service balcony, i can actually have one compressor in the balcony and hang another one outside. need to have 2 power point. hongtar charge me 1730 for mit elect system 2, bracket 120, powerpoint charge abt 200 to 250. is it reasonable ? they mention, using rubber and foam insulation. i dun understand why. can someone enlighten me ?? thank you ....

What about Panasonic aircon? Anyone using?

went to gain city. they recommended me panasonic oso. latest model system 2. same price as mit elect. was considering. so alv777 and me asking for panasonic feedback from any bros and sis.......

went to gain city. they recommended me panasonic oso. latest model system 2. same price as mit elect. was considering. so alv777 and me asking for panasonic feedback from any bros and sis.......

Quoted by Gain City on Panasonic Non-Inverter System 3 model CU-3C20KKZ / CS-C9KKZW x 3 S$1979 inclusive of SS bracket + $100 NTUC voucher. Will be using existing aircon piping & insulation so get additional S$150 off.

Btw any bros & sis here using this model currently. Can feedback pls. Is it noisy as compare to other brands like Carrier, Mitsubishi or Toshiba.

TIA

I have a problem with my air cond and really cannot decide on what directions to take. My basic concern is cost and value

My problem

I have a condenser unit mounted on my window ledge with the appropriate brackets and power outlets.

Inside the condenser is two compressors serving a 16,000 and 9,000 BTU blower units. The units services my hall and dining room respectively.

Recently my 16,000 BTU unit that services the hall went dead, wherelse the 9,000 BTU unit still works fine.

On a trouble shooting exercise, the technician found out that the PCB board on the bigger unit has gone busted and needed a replacement.

Being an old unit ,Sanyo was not able to supply this particular part.(Cost >$180) My only hope was to salvage or buy from some second hand air cond dealers this particular PCB board at a fraction of the new price.

During this transitional period, the technician have kindly conected my PCB wires directly thus making the air workable. albeit that the switching off and on is from the circuit board instead of the remote control or on the blower itself.

His advice is not to change the whole conderser and ther 2 blowers right away as the air cond is still working perfectly well. The cost to replace will be about $2,600 as they can re-use the existing, bracket, pipes and hoses which is concealed in the wall.

If you were me, what directions would you take?

Edited by fierydragon

Quoted by Gain City on Panasonic Non-Inverter System 3 model CU-3C20KKZ / CS-C9KKZW x 3 S$1979 inclusive of SS bracket + $100 NTUC voucher. Will be using existing aircon piping & insulation so get additional S$150 off.

Btw any bros & sis here using this model currently. Can feedback pls. Is it noisy as compare to other brands like Carrier, Mitsubishi or Toshiba.

TIA

hey there.. hope am nt too late to spread the gd news ard!

got my pana sys 3 non-invert with upgrades from aron at the jurong east roadshow cheaper than above and more NTUC voucher than above. haha.. it really sweetens the deal now.

btw, i did a check at found out that at "all best" still can get you cheaper but knowing how "good" the workmanship and service is, I cam running back aron to close the deal! ha