Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dariusme

Security system company vs CCTV

Hi, My new house is about to complete and I am long for a security system. I see online like secom or Cisco that provide such service but at the same time there’s smarthome system that can also install cctv camera using hikvision. Can anyone let me know what’s the difference between The cctv and those security company? If using cctv by smarthome system it seems I can record it somewhere but using those security company cannot? How does this works ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

for CCTV, you are in charge of your own security. Anything happens you can review your CCTV footage provided the recorder isn't damaged.

for security companies, usually motion sensors are installed in/around the house. When you go out or retire for the night, you need to punch in a code in the control pane to activate the service. Once activated, if the sensors detect the presence of persons when there's not supposed to be any, alarms would be sounded. Their command center will also receive the same alert and then you are likely to be informed about this potential intrusion immediately as well.

so to say, for CCTV, it's more of a deterrent (when the CCTVs are in plain sight) to prevent any intrusion whereas for security company services, you are paying for someone to look out for you and inform you immediately in case anything happens.

Different security companies have different scope of services so best is you contact them and find out more.

20 hours ago, Dariusme said:

Ic, thanks for the information. Maybe I should get the security company for exterior of the housing

note that for exterior, motion detection will be quite useless as there will be plenty of false alarms due to movement from outside your house, etc. you may even get neighbours' cats who roam into your house and trigger the alarm as well.