Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vade

Carpenter To Recommend?

hi,

your new nest very nice!! wow, kind of big ya..is it a 5 room??

my contractor and carpenter also uncle kok ya..but how come my house not as nice?? hei hei, tomolo must call him up to complain..

I am very comfortable with both kok and perlyn.especially perlyn. She is very patient although i knew i am very long winded everytime, "peiseh". they seems to work everyday without rest leh, i can get them no matter what time and what day..one of these days i must ask them what they eat that keep them energetic enough to work such a long hours..hahaha..

btw, can you tell me how to upload pic? i had tried so many times but cannot succeed .. i also wants to share my beautiful house.

Hi blossomflower

Managed to upload the pictures? :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For anyone interested in renovation of your house, i have asked Mr Kok and Beng Fong for quotation. I asked to do a permanent CD shelf, platform cum storage and floor to ceiling storage. Mr Kok's quote is higher. Beng Fong is lower. However, Mr Kok is more honest in that he says it cannot be done before the CNY, whereas Ah Chye from Beng Fong said no problem. Then, he informed me the next day, after i called him, that he cannot give me before CNY. Ah Chye said two times but reneged the agreement. I had even prepared a cheque for the downpayment. So, the moral of the story is don;t do reno work before CNY and the other conclusion about Mr Kok and Beng Fong - i leave it to your good sense to conclude.

Hi Jaskel,

Can you please PM the details of your carpenter.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

The carpentry I know of is very knowledgeable, even the workers need to study the characteristic of different type of woods and laminate...workmanship is good and responsible too.

Anyone need can PM me.

Had emailed Mr. Koh a sketch of the dressing table that i wanna have in my walk in wardrobe and he did email a quotation. The sad part is that if i confirm the deal then they will drop by to take a look. Just am afraid that my sketch is not accurate and when he come the price became different and i had agreed with the deal then die loh.

hi guys,

does anyone recommend using laminates for furnishings such as shelves and tv consoles? any good companies to recommend?

thanks!

hi Vulcansg,

i got a little bit blur regarding your contractor "Mr Lau"

is he the "Lau" from wood and metal? or the "Lau" from other threads that also call him "Mr kok" ??

from the threads i read, trees and tplittley's recommendation is mr kok (Lau) hp 9768xxxx and you have post a recommendation on the column of "Mr lau' from wood and metal whose hp is 9742xxxx under boonpin85, but yet you thanks also trees and tplittley... so your "Mr Lau is hp 9768xxxx" ? or "Mr Lau hp 9742xxxx"? it seems that both of them got a lot similarities..

HI,

sorry for the late reply.

was busy settling down in new house.

My contractor mr Lau is from Sun Hup.

Our Reno + all carpentry works also done up by Mr Kok & Ms Perlyn. (Sun Hup Interior Contracts)

Mr Kok & Ms Perlyn were helpful, patient, responsible to reno our new nest for the past 7 weeks.

We are satisfied with their service and all the carpentry works, very good workmanship with reasonable price.

Would like to say thank you to tress and tplittely whose recommendation on Renotalk Forum.

Below are the photos of living hall before & after.

Before Reno

SNC00275.jpg

After Reno

LivingHall1.jpg

LivingHall3.jpg

LivingHall2.jpg

ViewfromBalcony-LivingHall.jpg

Mr kok 97680883 / Ms perlyn 90080883

Hi Tungsten,

Your house is very nice.

(1) So do you design the house yourself or ask Mr Kok and perlyn to design for you?

(2) By the way may I know where you buy the 2 Buddha pictures. I am looking for a similar one.

(3) Mind PM me the renovation cost of your house quoted by mr Kok and perlyn?

Tks so much.

Hi Tungsten,

Your house is very nice.

(1) So do you design the house yourself or ask Mr Kok and perlyn to design for you?

(2) By the way may I know where you buy the 2 Buddha pictures. I am looking for a similar one.

(3) Mind PM me the renovation cost of your house quoted by mr Kok and perlyn?

Tks so much.

Hi Las

Thank you. Designs do come from ourselves and Perlyn

She will propose and throw out suggestions when our idea ran out.....quite a pleasant reno experience.

the painting are actually from ebay, I will PM you the link

regards

tungsten

Hi everyone

I am looking for Senior Carpenter/ Carpenter(1-2yrs exp). Offering $1800/$1200.

6 days work week from 830am to 630pm at Toa Payoh.

Must be able to speak Mandarin & English with a Class 3 license.

Anyone interested please kindly call 6536 2886 & look for Alan.

Hope to hear from you soon. ;)

seems like it very hard to find genuine post regarding carpentary work. don't inderstand how can someone talk to themselve, qns and ans themrselves. really cannot stand it

Hi tungsten,

Thank you and your hubby for showing us your place on Tuesday. You guys have a very nice place and glad to know you have a pleasant reno experience with Mr Lau and Perlyn.

Currently waiting for Perlyn to work out the quotation based on our reno requirement.

Mind to PM me the ebay link where you buy the 2 Buddha pictures ... Many thanks.

Hi tungsten,

Thank you and your hubby for showing us your place on Tuesday. You guys have a very nice place and glad to know you have a pleasant reno experience with Mr Lau and Perlyn.

Currently waiting for Perlyn to work out the quotation based on our reno requirement.

Mind to PM me the ebay link where you buy the 2 Buddha pictures ... Many thanks.

Hi RichJane,

The ebay link as below:

Seller user name: good_value_imports

http://shop.ebay.com.sg/good_value_imports....m14&_pgn=1

Hi Wei_renovation,

I think what you are trying to imply is that I am a carpenter ???

Too bad, I am not. I have been benefited from this forum when doing my renovation work. I have gotten a contact for curtain from Malaysia and have a saving of about S$2000+. I have also managed to get a lower price for my lighting after comparing what was posted in the forum.

My carpenter was recommended by someone. In fact, I have received 4 quotes ranging from S$30,000 to S$60,000. After using them, I am very happy. So in returns, I posted their contacts on the forum and hope that someone can benefit from there.

You can choose not to believe me as I have nothing to loose. By the way, this is the design of my staircase. As the ceiling height is too high, I don't know how to take a good picture.

stairdt2.jpg

do u still have the curtain contact from m'sia?

Wah..seems that this Mr kok n pearlyn is popular......hmm. ..very impressive. can i have his contact pls?