Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vade

Carpenter To Recommend?

How is the payment terms usually? Like how much to pay first? I have contacted Mr Kok & will arrange a house visit by him. Not sure is it only cash terms or he also accepts VISA.

For me I was asked to pay 40% of the full amount after the measurement at our place. I have engaged a different person though(not Mr Kok as they are quite busy). Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

pls share with me ur carpenters contact.

tks.

i just want to do shelves for one room

anyone has recommendation for a carpenter that wont mind small jobs?

leekinweng@hotmail.com

hi,

could u tell me if victor is good for small reno of wooden work.and pls let e know his contact no.

tks.

You can call Victor at [remove]for further discussion. He is knowledgable in materials and hardware. Most importantly his price is and reasonable. He would ask you bill direct for your counter top

Our Reno + all carpentry works also done up by Mr Kok & Ms Perlyn. (Sun Hup Interior Contracts)

Mr Kok & Ms Perlyn were helpful, patient, responsible to reno our new nest for the past 7 weeks.

We are satisfied with their service and all the carpentry works, very good workmanship with reasonable price.

Would like to say thank you to tress and tplittely whose recommendation on Renotalk Forum.

Below are the photos of living hall before & after.

Before Reno

SNC00275.jpg

After Reno

LivingHall1.jpg

LivingHall3.jpg

LivingHall2.jpg

ViewfromBalcony-LivingHall.jpg

Mr kok 97680883 / Ms perlyn 90080883

Hi Tungsten ....wow Wonderful transformation and nice Reno .....Can i know how much was d renovation cost ?? Did u come up with the design or Mr kok and Perlyn came up with the design ??

thanks

Brownzzukini

Hi Tungsten ....wow Wonderful transformation and nice Reno .....Can i know how much was d renovation cost ?? Did u come up with the design or Mr kok and Perlyn came up with the design ??

thanks

Brownzzukini

I hv contacted both and their svc SUCK!!!!!!....i hv to chase them for appt till now havent sighted their soul. imagine you leave yr carpentry work to them ??? everyday you will end up chasing both mr kok and perlyn

Thanks for the recommendation.

I like their service.

I went down to check on the renovation on new year day and found some small problem and called Pearlyn in the afternoon. On that evening, I was surprised to see Mr Lau in the house checkjing out the problem and even removed part of the plaster of ceiling which is having problem. Didn't expect him to come down on 1 January.

Mr Lau also help me we repair some minor defect in my old house for free. :D

The renovation work is still in progress so its too early to comment on their workmanship but definitely their service is good.

Hi vulcansg, dont mind can i have the contact number? thanks

I would like to engage a carpenter to make a stand alone TV console bench. Could you pm me the contact please? (other than Mr Lau or Perlyn as they sound rather busy). Thanks!

Hi

Just to share, I've previously recommended my carpenter to build built in wardrobes for my 5 rm flat and a huge louvered door shoe cabinet. I'm using his services again coz I've moved house again! In case anyone would like to contact him, these are his details. He has a factory doing all the cutting himself and he's very meticulous so your furniture would be in good hands.

Chin Jun Furniture

Amk Tech II

5 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2a #06-03,

Singapore 567760 (Ang Mo Kio)

Andrew Chin. Hp 83839339

I may not check this thread often, so if you'd like more feedback on what he has done for my place, etc, do drop me a PM.

Hi guys,

The renovation for my house is finally completed! I am posting here as I want to give a review for Sun Hup's carpentry services. In the beginning I too was skeptical about the postings and recommendations here in this forum. Everything I read here, I took it with a pinch of salt and go with my instinct.

Well, to me, Sun Hup provided great service from the start to finish. Yes, at times it is hard to reach Mr Lau or even Pearlyn but they do make it a point to call back. Maybe I am an easy customer la, as I can understand they have other business or meetings to handle and cannot be on standby just to pick up my call. Honestly, I feel their customer service is good enough relatively. Yes, there are bits of hiccups here and there, but they are quick to rectify the problem. Ok la, it will be better if they can respond to calls a bit faster, maybe can hire a secretary. haha

From the designing part, Pearlyn and Mr. Lau really gave a lot of good tips and is patient with me even though I keep changing my mind. He would purposely reprint the 3D design so that I can have a better idea of how it would turn out.

During the installation, his guys took their time to install the furnitures and really make sure everything is done up properly before handing over. They did more than they are supposed to do.

Workmanship to me is average to above average. Materials used also average to above average. Price is reasonable as I did check with quite a few ID and contractors.

Well, to me, the amount I paid for their services is worth it.

A picture says a thousand words. They did up my TV console, my bedroom wardrobe and shoe cabinet (the cabinet concealed the storeroom entrance) and my kitchen cabinets.

Here are the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iefiy/5326969775

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iefiy/5327572850

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iefiy/5327567690

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iefiy/5326953521

So if you want a responsible contractor with average to above average workmanship and reasonable pricing, you can contact them:)

Cheers, and happy new year:)

Hi yifei, can advise how much do they charge you for the wardrobe? Cos i am keen in doing a wardrobe at my master bedroom too.

Thanks

I previously hired Ciseern and fell out with them. A carpenter is now running things for me at home.

So far so good.

Works is fast! He has started to paint my place. The best thing is I have not paid him a single cent for the painting. After painting, (4 colours, Ceiling white, 1000 sgd, 90msq flat), then I pay!

For the wood works, I pay half upon work commencing. No advance payment needed.

Speaks chinese and dialects. Old man who goes by the name of Mr. Leong.

It's so far so good for me. He's delivering what he promised.

PM me if you want his contact.

hey guys,

I'm also engaging the carpentry works directly without going thru main contractor or Interior designer.

This carpentry has done my previous house and also my current renov at TQ. Honest ppls and they only doing carpentry. Have their own workshop in Sungai Kadut.

They accept small jobs also, anyone wish to contact them direct can pm me...for their contacts

They will start to fix my current renov in a week time, anyone wish to view can pm me also....

Hope it help!

HARLOW..DO YOU MIND TO PM ME THEIR CONTACTS? =)

• Like 1

<!--quoteo(post=614768:date=Mar 2 2011, 12:48 PM:name=alexliw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexliw @ Mar 2 2011, 12:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=614768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi yifei, can advise how much do they charge you for the wardrobe? Cos i am keen in doing a wardrobe at my master bedroom too.

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I previously hired Ciseern and fell out with them. A carpenter is now running things for me at home.

So far so good.

Works is fast! He has started to paint my place. The best thing is I have not paid him a single cent for the painting. After painting, (4 colours, Ceiling white, 1000 sgd, 90msq flat), then I pay!

For the wood works, I pay half upon work commencing. No advance payment needed.

Speaks chinese and dialects. Old man who goes by the name of Mr. Leong.

It's so far so good for me. He's delivering what he promised.

PM me if you want his contact.

Hi

Can you pm me Mr. Leong's contact? thanks

noelliangping@hotmail.com