Renovator: Renovation Budget:

Photo

Help!can We Appeal To Sell Our Hdb Flat To Pr ?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

Deal all,

We have bought 5-room resale hdb flat at the end of June,
Now we need to sell our current one(4 room, bought in 2003), we did not sell it because the 5-room owner need to live there one and half month.
So we just can sell our 4-room this month.
But unfortunately, the market is so bad,

can we appeal to Hdb for our case: when we buy hdb, it is hard to buy, but we sell ours , it is hard to sell.

So we will appeal to sell our house to PR because it is easier to sell our flat.

Is it possible to be successful?

thanks for ur suggestion.

Wu

#2 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

BTW, we r Singaporean. Based on the PR quota, our flat can not be sold to PR

#3 Jgal

Jgal

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

errr.. what reason you have for the appeal ?
1. Cos' you delay your selling because you let ex-owner stay for 1.5 mths more ..
>> Not valid because, you are not suppose to let them stay on.
2. Cos' PR quote make it difficult to sell.
>> Even Ethnic grp quote , they also dun want to allow exception. I dun think they will let you go through. Aniway, shld have thought of that when decide to hold.
3. Price is bad now.
>> HDB will tell you be realistic abt your asking price.

#4 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 21 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deal all,

Now we need to sell our current one(4 room, bought in 2003), we did not sell it because the 5-room owner need to live there one and half month.

can we appeal to Hdb for our case: when we buy hdb, it is hard to buy, but we sell ours , it is hard to sell.

So we will appeal to sell our house to PR because it is easier to sell our flat.

Wu

You've 6 months' "grace" period to "dispose" yr current 4rm. You should find out your exact "period" first. 6 months is calculated as such from "completion" date of 5rm, to resale application submission of yr current 4rm.

Appeal based on:
1. 1.5 months "extended" stay by 5rm seller, hdb asks you to seetle yourself among 2 of u.
2. Sell to PR only to have "better" price? HDB asks u to fly kite alone.

Add: After completion of 5rm, you would have received letter from hdb to "remind" u to dispose yr 4 rm within 6 months from date of completion of 5rm. From marketing to OTP sign could take you, say 2 months, resale application till completion(4 rm)would take you further 4 months. (May be now 3 months or less)

Edited by bepgof, 21 September 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Phantom

Phantom

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

How hard is it to sell now?
Property prices now all time high....

#6 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• RenoTalk Global Moderators
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

appeal successful?
hard hard hard

#7 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

I need to buy first, sell later
because my parents live with us and we have 2 young kids, no place to go when we sell first, buy again

we are big family, 6 people in the flat,
from last year, we tried to find BTO, but unfortunately, there is not Executive Apartment to apply
And now we bought the resale, but we bought, there are 50 buyers for one resale unit within 3 weeks.
when we sell, there is 5 buyers for one unit within 3 weeks.

So it is unfair for us.In the same period, we accepted, but the policies break the period.

Appeal to sell to PR, because it makes it is easy to sell out.

Thanks for any suggestion.

There is first time, we want to appeal.

Any idea for it ?

thanks again

#8 Jgal

Jgal

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

Good luck to your appeal.

*Always happy to see youngster who are willing to stay with their parents smile.gif*

In any case, dun panick now.
The prices has not dropped, only cov drops. The actual selling price has not drop.
You can check the HDB website for 1st 2 wk sale price.
With a big crowd , how many ppl actually offer a genuine offer. The new measure just put window shoppers away. The genuine buyers are still here.

So I dun think small crowd, or big crowd matters. It's your asking and how you nego for your unit. I see most units still selling ard the same price if not more as in July ( before 7th mth).

Remember dun panick! that's the biggest mistake you can make in selling your flat. You panick and take whatever offer given.

Edited by Jgal, 21 September 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#9 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 21 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it is unfair for us.In the same period, we accepted, but the policies break the period.

HDB dictionary don't have "Fair" such word.

Mr Mah already say.. everything is election related.
Now, the emotion of citizen to high HDB price, flooded with foreigner regardless is PR or WP or whatever P is high

If they give this exception, and others get to know. They will ask for the same thing.

Other side of the party will not happy.

World is round.
Neither day or night.

You can't have night and day at the same time.

#10 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

No harm to appeal for anything at anytime. Just state key reason: "easier to sell" in letter & let the hdb official to make the decision. If I were hdb official, I would write you back a nice letter with many decorating words, but the answer still "NO".

To layman like me, lowering down the selling price would attract more potential "toads", not necessarily must be PRs. This is what hdb wishes to see. Just buy gov a favour lah. When GE comes, throw the favour to the same lor.

Edited by bepgof, 21 September 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#11 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Jgal @ Sep 21 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck to your appeal.

*Always happy to see youngster who are willing to stay with their parents smile.gif*

In any case, dun panick now.
The prices has not dropped, only cov drops. The actual selling price has not drop.
With a big crowd , how many ppl actually offer a genuine offer. The new measure just put window shoppers away. The genuine buyers are still here.

So I dun think small crowd, or big crowd matters. It's your asking and how you nego for your unit. I see most units still selling ard the same price if not more as in July ( before 7th mth).

Remember dun panick! that's the biggest mistake you can make in selling your flat. You panick and take whatever offer given.

Thanks u very much

Edited by wch2001, 21 September 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#12 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Any one know how to appeal ?

call hdb hotline? or send email ?

how fast can I know the result?

thanks

#13 Jgal

Jgal

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

hi
You can send feedback to hdb website.And email them at the same time. this will guarantee you get a return reply.
As to when you know the result, I dun know.

https://services2.hd...=createFeedback

In any case, do you have supporting evidence that there are less people giving you an offer ?
Document / witness that before the announcement, there were more offers , and now less offers. How much was the offer then and how much is the offer now.

If you just take abt viewing? but view does not means will buy or will offer. Hmm.. i also dun know how you want to speak your case?

BTW, did you have any offers now ?

#14 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (bepgof @ Sep 21 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No harm to appeal for anything at anytime. Just state key reason: "easier to sell" in letter & let the hdb official to make the decision. If I were hdb official, I would write you back a nice letter with many decorating words, but the answer still "NO".

To layman like me, lowering down the selling price would attract more potential "toads", not necessarily must be PRs. This is what hdb wishes to see. Just buy gov a favour lah. When GE comes, throw the favour to the same lor.

en, it seems if i appeal , it will waste my time, and waste HDB officers time ?

#15 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Jgal @ Sep 21 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi
You can send feedback to hdb website.And email them at the same time. this will guarantee you get a return reply.
As to when you know the result, I dun know.

https://services2.hd...=createFeedback

In any case, do you have supporting evidence that there are less people giving you an offer ?
Document / witness that before the announcement, there were more offers , and now less offers. How much was the offer then and how much is the offer now.

If you just take abt viewing? but view does not means will buy or will offer. Hmm.. i also dun know how you want to speak your case?

BTW, did you have any offers now ?

I will try to say we are the policy scapegoat.

But it seems the success is like buying TOTO

#16 Jgal

Jgal

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

huh? scapegoat..

As i say.. do you have proof that you are not able to sell as well as before ?!?

How to become scapegoat if you can sell the same price as before.

This is a complaint.. not any ground to lift the quota for you. Ani case, can try going to MP

#17 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Jgal @ Sep 21 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The price data in hdb's web has a 2-month delay "effect". Example: web put September, actually the buyer/seller's otp, resale submission etc, done 2 months earlier.

I've asked hdb to reflect the price based on resale submission date to reflect current information, they said "cannot". They decide what is can, what is cannot. One day, must talk to MBT, to ask him personally to see whether can or not. Why still live in a "delay" edge? If all info pass to ministers with 2 months delayed, all die.

Edited by bepgof, 21 September 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#18 Plastic3

Plastic3

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 21 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deal all,

Wu

This type of appeal will take very long (few weeks to months)

You can email OR draft out a letter and give to Officer at HDB Hub, go to the counter and ask to speak to an Officer regarding your agenda.

I wish you good luck, but most likely HDB will reject.

#19 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (bepgof @ Sep 21 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The price data in hdb's web has a 2-month delay "effect". Example: web put September, actually the buyer/seller's otp, resale submission etc, done 2 months earlier.

I've asked hdb to reflect the price based on resale submission date to reflect current information, they said "cannot". They decide what is can, what is cannot. One day, must talk to MBT, to ask him personally to see whether can or not. Why still live in a "delay" edge? If all info pass to ministers with 2 months delayed, all die.

The web is reflecting base on 2nd appointment date as what they say completion date. The actual date that the unit change ownership

Not all OTP will reach 2nd appointment.

#20 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (therat @ Sep 21 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The web is reflecting base on 2nd appointment date as what they say completion date. The actual date that the unit change ownership

Not all OTP will reach 2nd appointment.

No lah, it is after 1st appointment, confirmed all parties can sell/buy, + some processing time, then update.

I signed OTP in mid Aug 09, 15 days later submitted resale application, 1st appt in Nov. Completion 31 dec 2009. Price updated as "Nov 2009".
Sent email ask why can't reflect at submission date, told some applications will be kena rejected, some "auto" withdrawn, during 1st appointment some not "qualify" to buy/sell. I asked: just update first then delect those rejected/disqualified, replied: has been doing this way donkey years ago furious.gif

One day you boss asks you to change some ways of doing thing to keep in time, you dare to reply: has been doing this for donkey yrs?I supposed only MBT can ask.

Edited by bepgof, 21 September 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#21 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

that's why hockkien has a say
no horse run

biggrin.gif

#22 salavanun

salavanun

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

just go down to hdb and meet the officers coz u might be running out of time. hundreds of people write in to HDB and i can tell u they are not fast in replying, Is better u lower down yr expectations and sell it soon b4 hdb buy back at the price u bought in 2003..as wat others said market hv not plunged. Is only coz of hungry ghost month and hari raya that put of buyers at the moment.good unit will sell..regards...also good unit cant sell if yr agent only looking for direct buyer to pocket extra 1 percent..look into that too..

#23 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (bepgof @ Sep 21 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No lah, it is after 1st appointment, confirmed all parties can sell/buy, + some processing time, then update.

Oh! I thought is 2nd appointment as mine update on the 2nd appointment mth.

#24 Warrior88

Warrior88

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (therat @ Sep 22 2010, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! I thought is 2nd appointment as mine update on the 2nd appointment mth.

Mine also 2nd appointment rolleyes.gif

#25 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (salavanun @ Sep 21 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just go down to hdb and meet the officers coz u might be running out of time. hundreds of people write in to HDB and i can tell u they are not fast in replying, Is better u lower down yr expectations and sell it soon b4 hdb buy back at the price u bought in 2003..as wat others said market hv not plunged. Is only coz of hungry ghost month and hari raya that put of buyers at the moment.good unit will sell..regards...also good unit cant sell if yr agent only looking for direct buyer to pocket extra 1 percent..look into that too..

Thanks for your suggestion
How can I know my agent only look for direct buyer ?
My agent is my good friend' friend

#26 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 22 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your suggestion
How can I know my agent only look for direct buyer ?
My agent is my good friend' friend

simple,
ask 1 of your friend call the agent ask for co-broke

#27 forgotten

forgotten

Gold Member

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

wch2001,

Don't worry too much about the PR quota. Ever since the PR quota rule is implemented, the sellers in my area cannot sell to all PRs except Msia PRs because my area has exceeded the PR quota. Though sellers in my area cannot sell to PRs and my area is wulu suburb, the transacted prices of the 4rooms and 5rooms in my area still jumped by 40K and 60K respectively in 6 months.

Edited by forgotten, 22 September 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#28 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (forgotten @ Sep 22 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wch2001,

Don't worry too much about the PR quota. Ever since the PR quota rule is implemented, the sellers in my area cannot sell to all PRs except Msia PRs because my area has exceeded the PR quota. Though sellers in my area cannot sell to PRs and my area is wulu suburb, the transacted prices of the 4rooms and 5rooms in my area still jumped by 40K and 60K respectively in 6 months.

Where r u?

I think your area is near MRT?

Mine is also near MRT, 2 mins walk to MRT, but it is not downtown area,

#29 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 22 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry.

That 2 min is your master selling point.

downtown or not.. not that much important compare 2 min walk to MRT.

You will not shortage of viewer or buyer.

#30 salavanun

salavanun

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (therat @ Sep 22 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry.

That 2 min is your master selling point.

downtown or not.. not that much important compare 2 min walk to MRT.

You will not shortage of viewer or buyer.

VERY true. 2 min to mrt . not only pr buyer is also any sporeans prime priority. Instaed of juz letting yr agent market, y not u list yr own listing on many free websites. u might never knw.

#31 freshpoison77

freshpoison77

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

true...

My 1st buyer backed out cos his buyer panicked and backed out once the new policies were implemented. My nxt buyer was found within the same week and my COV was even higher. wink.gif

I'm sure you wil be able to get a buyer.

#32 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (salavanun @ Sep 22 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VERY true. 2 min to mrt . not only pr buyer is also any sporeans prime priority. Instaed of juz letting yr agent market, y not u list yr own listing on many free websites. u might never knw.

However, last Saturday, only 2 viewers, last Sunday only 1 viewer bangwall.gif

#33 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 22 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where r u?

I think your area is near MRT?

Wow lau, said earlier lah, don't need to appeal already liao.

Edited by bepgof, 22 September 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#34 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (freshpoison77 @ Sep 22 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true...

My 1st buyer backed out cos his buyer panicked and backed out once the new policies were implemented. My nxt buyer was found within the same week and my COV was even higher. wink.gif

I'm sure you wil be able to get a buyer.

You r so lucky

#35 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 22 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you monitor the strait times?
How many time your agent advertise?

#36 Plastic3

Plastic3

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 22 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm...are you asking for high COV?

#37 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Plastic3 @ Sep 22 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hm...are you asking for high COV?

not lah
only 30k, 25k

2 mins to MRT(220m to MRT), I think it is reasonable
Isn;t it ?

#38 bepgof

bepgof

Super Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 23 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not lah
only 30k, 25k

2 mins to MRT(220m to MRT), I think it is reasonable
Isn;t it ?

Underground or elevated station? High floor?

Edited by bepgof, 23 September 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#39 wch2001

wch2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (bepgof @ Sep 23 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Underground or elevated station? High floor?

above 9 floor,
no west sun
12 years old

#40 therat

therat

Senior Moderator

• 3,206 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (wch2001 @ Sep 23 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
above 9 floor,
no west sun
12 years old

that's funny.
base on the location , 2 min walk to mrt
base on the level, above 9 floor
base on the direction, no west sun
base on the age, 12 yrs old

should not lack of buyer.

I will ask..
how your agent marketing it?
did he advertise in strait times?
Did you sign any paper with him?

how is ur neighbour?

Once I went to view a house. COV ok. high floor but the neighbour has lots of flower pots and place right infront on the unit main door.
I told my husband, forget it.

Designer Furniture and Ligthing Online Store Singapore

Renovator: Renovation Budget: