Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Granitetop

Lengkong Tiga 5I Home

Had a hard time buying this unit. In this 16 blocks estate, high cov, high demand area, we went for a viewing. It packed with viewers n agents like a condo launch. We made a near $100k cov offer but was rejected. By the time we wanted to make 2nd offer, the unit was sold $ 133 k cov. We r saddened. Then miracle happened, our agent say if we could match the same price he can close deal as the initial buyer decided to withdraw n forfeit the option fee. The rest is history, we r collecting key this mon.

Edited by Granitetop

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That is really very scary! $133k cov for 5 room.wonder how many can afford.

Congrats on your newly bought home, you must have a real liking to this place.

That is really very scary! $133k cov for 5 room.wonder how many can afford.

Congrats on your newly bought home, you must have a real liking to this place.

hi iwanpeace! The important factor is it is near parents, and yes it is a nice peaceful little estate. But the high COV has eat into reno budget. So we are feeling the strain now...

Currently half of the kitchen is used for dining, the remaining half kitchen is cooking area. I feel this arrangement is quite cramp, there is very little space for food preparation.

dining

kitichen1

kitchen2

Even though we have not much left after the high COV, I feel we need to do up this space. So the hunt for ID began.
Edited by Granitetop

I started looking for ID some time ago. Although it is our second flat, but I am newbie to reno as the first was a HDB showflat with everything done up with aircon, hob, hood, curtains,etc. I didn't know there is this forum where I could tap on many valuable experiences. ( I only stumble on this forum while researching for Rinnai inner flame hob) So basically I was randomly surfing the web, then I come across icompare website. At one click, I actually sent my enquiry to 20 ID companies:

1 . *** Design

2 . STWO Design

3 . Sky Creation Design

4 . Lowe Living Concept Pte Ltd

5 . 3D Innovative

6 . Pavillion Creation Pte Ltd

7 . Urban Design House Pte Ltd

8 . ZQ Studio

9 . Degree Interior

10 . Inside Lookz

11 . One Design Werkz Pte Ltd

12 . Spire ID Pte Ltd

13 . Urban Interiors

14 . ***** Design Pte Ltd

15 . Plush Living Design Pte Ltd

16 . id28 Construction Pte Ltd

17 . Triple S Interior Pte Ltd

18 . The Montella Design & Build Pte Ltd

19 . Studio Q Design

20 . D'Trenzo interior

While waiting for replies I also enquired with Orangecube (as the showflat was done up by the boss 10 yr ago) and BAra Interior.

In total, I have sent my enquiries to 23 ID companies.

In my enquiry to them was a budget of $30k, and my wishlist was a laundry room, a open concept kitchen and an interesting designed MBR.

For the following weeks after I send out the enquires, I begin to receive calls from various ID to meet up to discuss. My schedule begin to fill up with meeting with IDs, I begin to wonder if I should have fixed a 'briefing day' to tell them my ideas and requirement altogether...

After 1 month, speaking to nearly 10 IDs (over phone or face-to-face) I received 6 quotations.

1. ORangecube: I like the ID assigned to me, would love to work with her, she is very punctual. :) She is responsive and reply sms very quickly. She is helpful; and emphasis a lot on workmanship and generous with FOC items. However, she is not very keen to work on my laundry room and the quote as $50K. :jawdrop:
  2. SKYcreation: Met ID thrice, he is knowledgeable. During the second meeting at their 'museum', I learn a lot abt reno work. He does not recommend open concept kitchen. He is very willing to work with my budget. However, the layouts he and his team proposed were not something I really really like... So I was reluctant to spend the money for the layout they proposed. :dunno:
  3. *****: Met ID twice, she understand what is a practical kitchen and house for family with toddlers. I was quite comfortable with the proposed layout. The quotation was $45k... (shortlisted)
  4. Urbandesign:corresponded through sms, phonecall and email. ID quite focus on preparing quotation based on hacking and building. Does not seems to care about my ideas. Sent me a quote and rather nicely drawn proposed layout through email. however, the scale was out, I felt it is unpardonable as the scale makes my flat look very spacious and could build all they proposed when it would be very cramp. So I blacklisted.
  5. 3D: Id is knowledgeable in the technical aspect. The quote was $30k. however, no proposed layout. He did not address my main concern then so I kinda of drop him.
  6. Urban interiors: No show during first appt, wasted my time waiting for them. Reschdule, 2nd meeting they were >1hr late. THey have no showroom. Needless to say I dropped them. No concept of time, doubt they can handover project in time.
  7. D'trenzo: Lagging. Only got back to me 1mth plus later where I was about to decide on the ID already.
  8. Bara Interior:ID dun sales talk, just listen. Gave honest practical feedbacks. When the simple hand drawn proposed layout was showed to me, both my hubby and I love it. It has a island kitchen and still look spacious. The quote was $35k. Eventually we chose to work with him because of the chemistry.

Searched high and low for a affordable island hood. Finally found it at Aerogaz. *happy* First big item bought for the reno.

Next on the list:

1. Source for quote for window grilles. (Any recommendation?)
  2. Get quotes for Samsung SBS RSH7UNSL
  3. Get quotes for Rinnai inner flame hood RB-3CG