Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
silvergorilla

5Rm Pinnacle@duxton By Contactor K

My wife and I manage to ballot for the Pinncle@Duxton last year and got it.... Its was like striking a mini lottery. :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

We would like to share our journey on this blog which gave us alot of info, inspiration and contacts.

It's was also thru renoblog that I shortlisted 2 of our 3 potential contractors.... one of them who is the very popular Mr K. In the end we picked him mainly becoz of his experience dealing with the materials and laminates that we have in mind. He was not the cheapest, nor was he the most expensive.... but we could click and he was willing to go the extra mile. :notti: You can find his contact below in my signature, so please do not pm me for his contact.

So here is the floor plan, 107sqm if i remember correctly:

floorplan_zps2ec3da39.jpg

Edited by silvergorilla

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

some inspirations that my wife and I were influenced by:

725x483-Mar-2010-Pg-128-129_zpsc4684ece.

hudson-loft-ny_zps72c229b0.jpg

725x484-dec11-160_zps0383bd29.jpg

we wanted non fuss white walls and cement screed floor.... keeping it simple..... but embellish with nice furniture and lighting....

we also avoided covering the entire walls with cabinetry, storages or feature walls as much as possible

Edited by silvergorilla

WOW! Pinncle@Duxton! That's sooooooooo awesome! It must have cost a bomb~! Hahaha!

Anyway welcome to Renotalk!

Hope Mr K (the popular contractor on RT) will transform your house into an absolute beauty. :lol:

Looking forward to more updates.

Cheers! :good:

congratulations!

I like cement screed effect but the one you showed looks a little too messy for my liking :) Feast your eyes with more inspiration cement screed floorings/walls and show those that you like to Mr K?

And hope to see other more interesting choices for chairs besides the replicas of the eames chair :)

Edited by sarah833

thanks guys!

yeah, we actually like cement screed that is not too homogenous.... and yes we agree that eames chair replicas are totally overused.... my wife and I agreed that we will not buy replicas since we are both designers by training.

buying replicas is piracy in 3D.... :no: :no: :no:

Edited by silvergorilla

so some initial layout concepts:

The wife insisted on a totally open concept, where we will hack away all the kitchen + study walls. The study is where the parquet floor is.

JQliving3_zps30fc4faf.jpg

Edited by silvergorilla

... well... being the practical man in the house, I was not too hot on the idea of a totally open concept.... for those who actually cooked... I am sure you will understand why .... but the wife won this battle.... and in return she gave in to my request to not use a stainless steel counter top :good:

study in the bottom left hand corner:

JQliving4_zpsc708276c.jpg

she wants us to not be separated by walls at any time ( except when we take a dump) :good: to improve interactions.... and i concur...

Edited by silvergorilla

ok.... so next comes lighting..... we will be using mainly track lights and downlights.

so the dinning room (bottom center) seems a bit dark at the moment.... need a track light there:

lightingdesign_zps29835fb3.jpg

....as the saying goes..... the kitchen is the heart and soul of the house!

.... and the wife likes to cook.... so the kitchen island is probably the most expensive piece of furniture we will have in the house..... we spent more time debating its design compare to other items in the house.... i am just glad we finally agree on something that makes her happy....

the sink on the left, hob on the right, fridge/oven behind.... to form the chef's triangle:

finaldesign6_zpsaeab0a43.jpg

We have a raised step infront where the other storages are.... its a pretty common feature which hides the mess from the guests in the dining area

finaldesign2_zps699b4b83.jpg

will put a small pull out rack for condiments beside the hob:

wwcb15_tn_zps15ad2c77.jpg

stove and fridge behind..... and a smaller counter top for rice cooker and maybe a coffee machine

finaldesign_zps3561cf4d.jpg

Edited by silvergorilla

ok.... so for dining area lighting, we decided to go for the Vessel Lamp + Plumen light bulb design by Samuel Wilkinson.... an up and coming British designer....

you can get this from Grafunkt and Blackhole.... the damage is about $600++ each.

Decode-Vessel-Lamps_zps14f9c83c.jpg

another consideration was the shadow lighting but its was way more expensive for a cluster of 5:

Unknown_zps428c70c6.jpeg

Edited by silvergorilla

dining area funiture:

bludot table from Grafunkt. solid weather oak table top. very robust despite its seemingly hunble appearance

bludotbranch_zpsad711f22.jpg

bludotbranch2_zps3fcb5d2a.jpg

and livioni piuma chairs from Grafunkt. Surprisingly light and well constructed. made in italy.

diningchairs_zps36f0c7df.png

Edited by silvergorilla