Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meridan

Any Good Recommendation For Lightings Outlets

Recommend Lumiere from Balestier if you are looking for nice designer lights.

Can get very nice dining lights there. Can look for Low Han Kok while you are there. I was served by him and find his service very good. Friendly and give practical advice, will not recommend expensive ones just to earn your $$$.

I got

1 X dining light (Black Acrylic with Strass crystals)

2 X Kitchen Light

1 X MBR toilet light (White frosted glass)

2 X milo tin kind for common toilet and bomb shelter

Paid ard 1.2K for everything after discount. the dining light make up 75% of the whole cost already :dunno:

Got some free gifts also.. a italian design table lamp and a swaroski pendent .

FYI. I went to Vlux, lightogy also as I know they are under the same company. More display at Vlux but in the end I bought at Lumiere due to price and service :sport-smiley-004:

PLC lights a quite ex at Lumiere so can shop around for those. I got my PLC lights from Extreme lighting

Cheers

Lumiere provided extremely poor service for me. Went in with my gf, was ignored the entire time. Asked a salesperson about some of their lights there, gave me a curt answer then continued ignoring me. Then an ang mo couple came in, the sales staff immediately flocked to them. This happened to me not once, but twice...

Will never step in there again with such biased and poor attitudes, surprisingly though, in contrast, I bought from their "sister" shop Eurostar, Danny provided excellent service for me.

I'd recommend Chan Huat, reasonable price and I made exchanges for some of my lights 3 times (due to my ID getting his measurements wrong and design changes...) without problems!

Excellent service provided by James and LK Lew.

Edited by l_club23

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Lumiere provided extremely poor service for me. Went in with my gf, was ignored the entire time. Asked a salesperson about some of their lights there, gave me a curt answer then continued ignoring me. Then an ang mo couple came in, the sales staff immediately flocked to them. This happened to me not once, but twice...

Will never step in there again with such biased and poor attitudes, surprisingly though, in contrast, I bought from their "sister" shop Eurostar, Danny provided excellent service for me.

I'd recommend Chan Huat, reasonable price and I made exchanges for some of my lights 3 times (due to my ID getting his measurements wrong and design changes...) without problems!

Hmmmzz funny leh.. when I went the service was very good (i can only comment on Han Kok as he is the one who serve me). And somemore I went on sunday so I was wearing a T-shirt, bermudas and slippers(my FW also wear same).

I guess is the salesman who is on duty that day also play a big part.

Hmmmzz funny leh.. when I went the service was very good (i can only comment on Han Kok as he is the one who serve me). And somemore I went on sunday so I was wearing a T-shirt, bermudas and slippers(my FW also wear same).

I guess is the salesman who is on duty that day also play a big part.

Well, there were quite a number of salesmen on duty the days I went. Those that were already entertaining other customers, I can understand, but there were 2 behind the counter and 2 more hanging around trying their best to ignore me.

The ang mo guy was in T-shirt bermudas and sandals also but the moment he step through the door, wah 2 sales people flock to him welcome him and ask him what he's looking for. :)

Wow how much is 1 PLC & 1 Halogen you bought? :ph34r:

Sorry for late reply didnt read this page..plc single tube with arco ballast S$15, Halogen sq frame w internal round type w phillip transformer S$13. All Comes with bulbs (phillip.)

Another Happy buyer from DK too!!

We spend totaly $720 after fiscount from the total price.

They currenlty have sales til end of this month:D:D

WE had bought:

2x T5 4ft light(Long slim type)

1x Entrance light

4x Light ( for 2 bedrooms, and kitchen)

1x Main light for Masterbed room

1x Small light Masterbed room

2x toilet

1x Storeroom

1x ceiling Fan with 4 lights

1o++(Forgot how many)xDouble power, single power, swithes, tel point etc.

All lights that the boss provided it's energy saving type.

Bos r very nice and easy going person.

i went around many many shops along balestier. like u, i personally think the sales people at lumiere were quite arrogant.

i also went to lightology. helpful & gd service, but price wasn't very attractive.

Eurostar has exactly the same lightings as lumiere & lightology. i would recommend paul ;):P for his gd discount & great advises, or danny (:dribble:) for his patience & advises.

however, i do agree tat sometimes it's the salesperson whom u liase with tat makes the impression. it's always gd to shop ard & compare. :good:

I do not know many lighting shops. But I do know 1 that you shouldn't even consider! Lighting Centre! Their lights has got problems here and there... you would need to go back exchange many times! That's my experience with their lights....

I just bought some lights from Citilights at Jln Besar, they were recommended by my friend who also bought from them. Their retail price looks similar to Vlux ( which I find a little above my budget) and some other shops, but after the discounts, we managed to get them much cheaper.

Lights not delivered to my place yet, will take some pics to show on my blog when they arrive. I still think I got a good buy, considering I'm taking about 25 PLC, and some other not-so-normal looking lights , including slide glass ceiling lights.

Service was relatively good, the sales-person was able to grasp my concept of my hse and able to recommend some lights to fit in.

Spoke to Alan, they're at 249/251 Jln Besar ( printed on receipt)

Should try Nan Wah's main store at Changi, near Expo. They have many varieties of lightings and definitely one of the cheapest in town. !!

went to Citilights, 168 and ilites along jalan besar, citilights proved to be the most competitive...the other 2 were >$1200 (to be fair, the lights chosen werent the same)

so finally, bought my lights from Citilights too...spent around $900

very good service from Alan - knowledgeable and honest...

but do check the lights when its delivered.

we had some minor problems with the lights, but they did deliver subsequently to the house...

all in all, good experience with them!

Here's my feedback for Lightings on my recent purchases:

Eurostar at Balestier:

- GOOD. I got a Swarovski crystal chandelier from them at a great price. But the clincher was Danny's service and patience in addressing all our questions when we first made enquiries. No hassle, no rush, always accomodating. Made some useful suggestions and recommendations to us. We only made the purchase after 3-4 visits to Eurostar. Lights were delivered on time and in good condition.

I-Lite at Jalan Besar:

- GOOD. Got good customer service from Gary and similarly he was kind enough to walk through with us the full range of lights we were looking for and helped us map out the lighting plan of our place based on our floor plan. Eventually bought all our PLC downlights and Halogens from him after 3 visits to his shop.

Lights N Lights at Balestier:

- BAD. This was a major disappointment. Had a bad transaction with them ending in having to cancel the purchase due to what we felt was unsavoury business practice by them. We left feeling that we had been taken advantage of and came out worse for it. So, I would not be recommending this retailer to anyone any time soon. Sales tactic they use is to promise you the lights and make you settle payment first, but after a day or two they call up to say they don't have the stock (for the next 1.5 months) and try to persuade you to switch to a different type of light. If you cancel the entire order you will have to absorb any NETS transaction costs as well. Sigh.

Number One Lighting at Geylang - The boss very nice & helped within my budget of 500+ for lights (he oso got give discount, on top of no GST), without compromising my satisfaction in the designs :)

The lights i bought (12pcs):

1) 2 living room lights (with round wood frame, to match my laminated floor)

2) 3 bedroom lights (with round patterned glass)

3) 2 kitchen light ( with round patterned glass, fully covered for better maintenance due to cooking area)

4) 2 toilet round light (acrylic cover)

5) 3 spot lights (exchanged for a touch/ table lamp with discount $24, that means no need to top up anything )

All bulbs are extra bright type and energy saving

The Number One boss very easy goin, helpful, although abit ah Beng but very honest & knowledgeable, not like those other bigger shops that keep 'pressing' us to buy expensive but not necessary lights. If you want cheaper those big shops will recommend those lousy or no designs one :help: Just my personal opinion lah :help:

Number One Lighting

673, Geylang Road ,

S'pore 389600

Tel: 67496636

(open on Sun as well, but pls call to confirm what time they open/close)

Edited by mel