Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meridan

Any Good Recommendation For Lightings Outlets

anyone got comments on Chelsea lightings located in Jurong?

I bought most of my lights at jurong east chelsea, like those downlights and dining lights,toilet light etc.before that i also went to a lighting shop at balester as i need to use the lighting voucher.The price over there are skyhigh as compare to chelsea and i ended up buying more expensive and brighter light after being pressured...

Buying lights from that lighting shop at the balester shop are troublesome for me cause they don;t display the price on the light, i feel that the sale assistants may be annoyed if i kept on asking the price...more or less they will give just the range from $xx to $xx.

The experience of buying light chelsea is good, they will openly display the price of the lights and u can even bargain or ask for discount if u buy in bulk,like those downlight. Payment also easy as they accept credit card payment and they don;t charge u extra for the visa fees, not only that they will not add GST for the total price of the light u purchased, unlike the shop at balestier,still added GST after i exceed the purchase after using up the voucher.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you have the time, take a look around Jalan Besar. The lights there are about half of the price you get around geylang/balestier. The difference is even more if you specify special items such as E-ballast (philips) and extra bright tube.

I managed to get the lights for my house for $925.

24 x square PL downlights each with 2x13W osram tubes with Vossloh Schwabe ballast

4 x 40W ceiling lamp with philips eballast and extra bright tube

3 x 22W ceiling lamp with extra bright tube

3 x 4-foot flourescent tube with philips long life tube and eballast

1 x wired doorbell

• Like 1

I bought most of my lights at jurong east chelsea, like those downlights and dining lights,toilet light etc.before that i also went to a lighting shop at balester as i need to use the lighting voucher.The price over there are skyhigh as compare to chelsea and i ended up buying more expensive and brighter light after being pressured...

Buying lights from that lighting shop at the balester shop are troublesome for me cause they don;t display the price on the light, i feel that the sale assistants may be annoyed if i kept on asking the price...more or less they will give just the range from $xx to $xx.

The experience of buying light chelsea is good, they will openly display the price of the lights and u can even bargain or ask for discount if u buy in bulk,like those downlight. Payment also easy as they accept credit card payment and they don;t charge u extra for the visa fees, not only that they will not add GST for the total price of the light u purchased, unlike the shop at balestier,still added GST after i exceed the purchase after using up the voucher.

Hi dino77

How much did u spend it total for your lightings? And how much is per downlight selling over there.

Hi dino77

How much did u spend it total for your lightings? And how much is per downlight selling over there.

it's important tt u need to do some legwork b4 gg dwn 2 e shop... my sugg will b once u've eyed a particular design/model.. try to compare w other shop... i did it tiz way @ finally settled w one of e shop in balestier (their prices is v competitive as there are too many lightings shops liao).. i've gt my downlight @ 25/pc, atco ballast (which my electrician oso say :D as there's no sound when e light is on... :yamseng:) it comes w osram dbl tubes (tink is 16W/tube).. i've tried to ask ard (jurong east & some other places) w same configuration, the next cheapest i've got is 30/pc... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Zen2008

Zen

can inform which shop u bought from?

thanks

duno wther alrite to post name here boh.. anywy, their shop name is "Lights Arcade", u may look for Albert... nice guy & knowledgable too.... one more thing, pls do not go with ur contractor... to save urself from burning ur pocket... well, if u need other info or the shop name being deleted, u may pm me lor... gd luck in ur hunting... :yamseng:

opps, 4got to mention, aftersale service is gd too ~

Edited by Zen2008

Number One Lighting at Geylang - The boss very nice & helped within my budget of 500+ for lights (he oso got give discount, on top of no GST), without compromising my satisfaction in the designs :sport-smiley-003:

The lights i bought (12pcs):

1) 2 living room lights (with round wood frame, to match my laminated floor)

2) 3 bedroom lights (with round patterned glass)

3) 2 kitchen light ( with round patterned glass, fully covered for better maintenance due to cooking area)

4) 2 toilet round light (acrylic cover)

5) 3 spot lights (exchanged for a touch/ table lamp with discount $24, that means no need to top up anything )

All bulbs are extra bright type and energy saving

The Number One boss very easy goin, helpful, although abit ah Beng but very honest & knowledgeable, not like those other bigger shops that keep 'pressing' us to buy expensive but not necessary lights. If you want cheaper those big shops will recommend those lousy or no designs one :furious: Just my personal opinion lah :notti:

Number One Lighting

673, Geylang Road ,

S'pore 389600

Tel: 67496636

(open on Sun as well, but pls call to confirm what time they open/close)

Number One has sent me the lightings today..The husband & wife owner personally delivered to me ..very good customer service & friendly :good: ..they oso very thorough in opening & checking for me.. :good: Everything in good condition. Some more they give me FREE store room round lamp :lol::yeah: They even told me if after installation the new bulbs got problem i can always call back to change...

Just wanna say i'm really happy with their service n price :sport-smiley-004:

(oh yeah, last week i went back to get a table lamp - it's a touch lamp actually, which switch on just by tapping on the metal holder, got a $24 discount, very happy :dancingqueen: )

Edited by mel

I recommend Light Craft at Jalan Sultan. They also have a branch at Park Mall if I'm not wrong.

Very very huge showroom and great svc from Henry.

avoid dk lightings at geylang. bad quality lights n irresponsible bad customer service.

3 lights bought from them spoilt so far in less than 6months. husband and prc wife team. when call them to tell them about the spoilt lights they scold us back and insist it is user who spoilt e lights. hav 2 spend time n $ 2 replace e spoilt lights nw. completely no ethics. jus beware.

I am always wary of light shops that don't display pricing tags on their fixtures.

I was nearly slaughtered by one such shop at Jln Besar, related on my blog.

Finally I bought all my light fixtures from Lightcraft at Jln Sultan / North Bridge Road. They have a wide selection, displayed their prices prominently, including info such as socket and bulb type -- important for lighting design and layout.

As the company serves the regional market too, their stocks are updated regularly and items are sold out relatively fast. They also have clearance items such as PLC and downlights that go for cheaper than shops at Balestier or Geylang. I was glad I checked them out, altho my ID had cautioned me the shop sells up-market items with prices to match.

ah good to hear that

now having a headache looking for chandeliers (those that are stuck to the ceiling kind instead of hanging down)

went to light craft and a few of the shops in Geylang

saw from some of the past posts that some forumers got it for around 500 bucks

anybody can advise where are good places to look>

no need swarovski crystals

My experience with lighting shops:

Eurostar at Balestier:

- GOOD. I got a Swarovski crystal chandelier from them at a great price. But the clincher was Danny's service and patience in addressing all our questions when we first made enquiries. No hassle, no rush, always accomodating. Made some useful suggestions and recommendations to us. We only made the purchase after 3-4 visits to Eurostar. Lights were delivered on time and in good condition.

I-Lite at Jalan Besar:

- GOOD. Got good customer service from Gary and similarly he was kind enough to walk through with us the full range of lights we were looking for and helped us map out the lighting plan of our place based on our floor plan. Eventually bought all our PLC downlights and Halogens from him after 3 visits to his shop.

Lights N Lights at Balestier:

- BAD. This was a major disappointment. Had a bad transaction with them ending in having to cancel the purchase due to what we felt was unsavoury business practice by them. So, I would not be recommending this retailer to anyone any time soon. Sales tactic they use is to promise you the lights and make you settle payment first, but after a day or two they call up to say they don't have the stock (for the next 1.5-2 months!) and try to persuade you to switch to a different type of light. If you cancel the entire order you will have to absorb any NETS transaction costs as well. They charged 4% of the NETS fee as well, which I found out later to be way over the actual rate of 1-2% ...Sigh. Buyer Beware...

chelsea lightings and pantech :good:

they have wide variety of lightings for u to chose, and u dont need to shop so many shops. just walk into this 2 shops and u can find something u like

both shops at jurong. their price v reasonable. unlike balestier there are alot of black shop that trying to meet robert who walk into their shop

i really liked the lights in vlux in geylang, look for desmond, tell him the woman who likes everything bright :) i think i drove him crazy coz i kept asking for give me the biggest bulb and the brightest one! even for the storeroom. He was very accomodating aside from saying "huh? brighter? wah lau eh!!"

price wise their not the cheapest, but loved their service.

Hi all... was "wondering" around the topics, and found tis...

I had bought my lights from Chelsea aka Chuan Seng, opposite Chinese Garden MRT. I was served by a lady, Amy... she was friendly, and NON_PUSHY (which i hate most :furious: )... but one thing I told her straight when she approach mi was "dont tell mi the price that is listed, juz tell mi the best price u can offer mi" cos i dont wan to waste time bargaining... hahaha.... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

The after-sales-service was very very :good: too...

1) although they gave mi the wrong colour bulb, they have no prob exchanging it (even thou it has been delivered to mi for abt 2wks alr) :deal:

2) when i finally opened up one of the box 2wks later, i found one of the glass broken :( ... ofcos i went back. And again they have no problem exchanging it for mi... (unlike another Co. that i bought something from... 5days onli they say cannot change le... cos the person should b i break it one... :furious: piss off) Good exchange policy!! :good:

3) The kind of price they can offer mi is as good as wat u can get if u keep bargaining at Balsetier/ Geylang. (ofcos, indirectly i save on my time to travel to thses areas, and ofcos the petrol...) :notti:

to quote an example, I bought those square DL for living for $23 (but i think after i bought it, the price went up to $24ea) :notti: but its still cheap, cos i dont have to travel so far... :bleah:

Total I spend on lights for my 5rm is abt $1,100.My list: :)

3 (1 different type of light for each rm, 2 of them r with remotes)- $400

1 (MBR passageway)- $48

2 (1 for each toilet)- $100

2 (kitchen)- $134

18 (Square DL for living & dining)- $414

all my lights r of glass material... so a bit more costly... so guys, u all might wan to compare... ;);)

Nex