How To Make A Super Easy DIY Wine Bottle LampFurnishings
3 minutes read
As much as we like seeing a delectable leg of ham at Christmas dinner, a lot of the table’s appeal also comes from its decoration. A well-adorned setting will enhance the room’s ambience, and lift everyone’s moods.
If you want to take it to a whole new level, personalise your embellishments! Hand-painted glass ornaments are a good idea, but what about going further with upcycled wine bottle lamps? Don’t trash those empty bottles just yet! Here’s a great idea on what you can do with them with the help of some cheap materials.
Wine Bottle Lamp
What you’ll need:
- - Empty wine bottle
- - Hand-held drill
- - Safety glasses
- - Gloves
- - Sandpaper
- - Masking tape
- - Fairy lights
- - Long satay stick
Some things you'll need.
- Peel out the label on the wine bottle and wash it thoroughly. You can also leave the label on if you like the look.
- Stick a piece of masking tape on the area of the bottle where you want the hole to be. This is usually near the bottom.
- Put on your safety glasses and gloves.
- Drill at a steady pace for about 20-30 minutes. The bottle may break if you rush the drilling process so do be patient!
- When you’re done drilling, buff the hole lightly with sandpaper and rinse the area with water.
- Once it dries, insert the fairy lights through the hole, into the bottle.
- Use the long satay stick to adjust the lights from the opening so that they fit nicely.
- Voila – you have a handmade lamp!
If you don’t want to drill a hole, simply put the fairy lights through the top of the bottle (just like we did!) This method saves time, and creates a beautiful light-spillover effect!
The wine bottle lamp is an awesome décor piece, especially during the festive season. Make a few of these, and place them around the house to add a whimsical, illuminating touch to your holiday decorations.
PreviousAccording To Feng Shui Masters, This Is How Your Work Desk Should Look Like
Next5 Super Simple Christmas Decorations Using Jars