Self Storage And The Art of PackingCommercial Services
3 minutes read
Hands up those of you who are constantly running out of space to store your worldly possessions? That's most of us, I believe. Judging how our home square footage is shrinking faster than the polar ice caps and how geographically mobile we are in this borderless world, there's a very good chance we will need self storage at some point or other. Even if none of the above conditions apply to you, these are some reasons why you might want to consider self storage:
1. Proper care: Self storage can offer a better alternative for your precious items like a painting or collectibles that need a conducive environment so that they don't deteriorate in a dark and damp storeroom.
2. As a temporary measure: Self storage offers flexibility so that you don't need to commit to something longer than what you're comfortable with. For example if you take ski vacations every December, you could free up the space in your home by storing the gear by self storing the rest of the year.
3. Security: If yours is an expensive item that you can't keep under lock and key at home, choose self storage that offer the level of security that you require such as CCTV and an alarm system.
For those who have already decided on self storage, these three packing tips will save you some potential headache.
1. Box it up: Use boxes instead of plastic because you wouldn't want mildew to form and ruin your item. It's also better to use boxes with thicker materials that are coated with polyethelene for better water resistance.
2. Labels: Labeling is your friend during packing. In addition to labelling everything contained in the box so that you can search for what you need easily in future, you need to also label “This way up” or “Fragile ” to ensure that items are handled properly.
3. Arrangement: Heavier items should be placed at the bottom and lighter ones on top to avoid any crushing. Items that you need to access quickly should be positioned in front while bulky ones can be arranged at the back.
About Extra Space Self Storage:
Extra Space Self Storage is a trusted self storage operator in Singapore, Korea and Malaysia. We simplify the storage needs of individuals, families and businesses by providing you the space, expertise and services to de-clutter your life.
As your one-stop self storage solution, we provide amenities like room temperature storage, air-con storage and even a specially designed wine storage section for wine collectors. Not only that, all of our facilities are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via secure pin code access. We also flexible time periods ranging from two weeks to twenty years. For your added convenience, our outlets are located near expressways and easily accessible via public transportation. All these made available to you at affordable rates!
If you have any questions, we would love to hear from you. Call 67713100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply visit Extra Space Storage for more information.
PreviousChoosing a Renovation Package
NextGet Rid Of Cockroaches With Coffee Bean