After going through quotes from

Impress21

Baroque

Intradesign

Ho Bee

Ideal House

Action Design

Summit

We narrowed it down to 2 , Ho Bee and Ideal House . Going to finally settle on Ideal House with Steven Tay and Max Ng. Both quotes were good but Ideal House was cheaper buy about 10-15%. So with budget a concern we decided on Ideal House. Also we were just getting plain tired going through quotes. Been doing it since early Oct. So decided to stick to what we have instead of keep sourcing for cheaper ID/Contractor.

What surprise us was that contractor actually charge about the same as ID these days. In Ho Bee case, their quote was more then Ideal or would have been equal to Ideal quote, if Ideal had not thrown in a free 20ft Kitchen cabinet. Even contractor like Impress21 and Action Design. Their quotation was almost about the same as ID like Ideal and Baroque and Summit. Maybe its because our reno does not have much design. A simple hack and replace. We narrowed down to Ho Bee and Ideal, cause of reputation and the reponse to our request.

We have not been able to find any post about either Max or Steven from Ideal House. All the post were about Kenneth who was the one we initially contacted. But he for reasons unknown after the initial contact, he transfer our quotation to Steven

Guess we will be the first to on the forum to have our work handled by them

So far their follow up and respond to our request has been very good. Very prompt. Even when we went on a holiday and told them we would discuss when we are back, Steven would call us exactly on the same day we indicated to him previously. Seen one of their projects in Jurong West, it was quite good.

Lets hope the service stays good and the work are good and smooth

Will update as the reno go along

Edited by kajua

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First to spam!:jawdrop:

Keep us updated of the posts! Where is your new nest?

I think Kenneth is too bz la...but as a company, reviews in this forum seems to be quite ok!

All the best! Hope to see your work-in-progress photos on your T-blog. I am pretty sure some of these IDs know that they are being discussed on renotalk. So it would not hurt if you tell them that you are a forummer on renotalk, and all the people here discuss their renovation likes and dislikes, and discuss ID's committment and service etc. So that they will not try to hoodwink you with some ridiculous stories. Put them on their toes. Getting referrals on renotalk is a carrot. It should however not be used as a stick, to scare them into complying. They may resent it, and that may spell problems.

All the best!

welcome to renotalk

most important is you must feel comfortable with the person

if not how cheap also no use

remember to drag out the payment terms so that they'll have to rectify everything to get the last payment :deal: :deal:

all the best :notti: :notti:

Thanks for all the well wishes :deal::deal::notti::notti:

Will update as promptly as possible

Yeah already told Steven I will write good things about him in forum if he does a good job since now only write about Kenneth so far

Our nest is at Kim Keat. A 19 year old unit. Got to hack and replace everything

In new year mood :jawdrop: , no mood to work :jawdrop: Since there's another hour to burn in the office, i shall post some pics of our house. :jawdrop:

Edited by kajua

Pics was taken before the previous owner started moving.

Floorplan of the house

FloorPlanresize.jpg

Living and dining room

LivingDining02.jpg

LivingDining01.jpg

Kitchen

Kitchen06.jpg

Kitchen04.jpg

Edited by kajua

Wow. I love these type of square square layouts. Big Kitchen also. This one bought the corridor liaos?

nope, previous owner didn't buy the corridor. we don't intend to buy too. buy corridor = more areas to maintain :P

Finally did my open door yesterday!:)! :D had been asking around what to do for the open door. some advise sprinkle rice + salt, some rice + tea leaves, some rice + green bean.... we were like eh... which is the correct one :notti:

in the end, we kiasu cum kiasi, decided to sprinkle rice + salt + tea leaves + green beans :dunno: in addition, we roll in pineapples and place some green beans on a wet cotton wool to let it grow

my FH I think too energetic, roll the pineapple almost out to the balcony , lucky the balcony door block it and it bounce back in

tomorrow going hafary to choose tiles, can't wait to see all the beautiful tiles ;) but then, with me being indecisive, think gonna have a headache choosing tiles :)

Edited by kajua