Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bubbli

Our Small Box (mar & Zar)

Just purchase a 3 room flat in east...Renovation most likely to start in Feb 09...Just signed with Mr * (I**** H****)..So now waiting for the 3D Design of our new home...

Our floor plan:

layoutyj1.jpg

By bubbli26 at 2008-12-20

We have decided on the design we wanted...propose to the ID...He design in on the floor plan..Below is the proposed design...but there are some changes....

Proposed Design:

proposedlayouthg2.jpg

The design will not have the following:

No vanity area in MBR..

No top hung cabinet in both bedrooms..

The entrance foyer tiles will be shifted to the access area (Access area bought alredi)

No false ceiling at entrance foyer too..

We guess that's all for now..

Edited by bubbli

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for all the replies...wish to upload the current home pics..but haven't got the keys yet..1st appt is on 2nd Jan...Hoping that current seller can move out earlier so to start the renovation...

Yup extending the living hall a little bit to make way for the dining area...hopefully it will turn out well... :notti:

Will upload the items that will be doing for Our Small Box soon...

Just purchase a 3 room flat in east...Renovation most likely to start in Feb 09...Just sign with Mr K (Ideal House)..So now waiting for the 3D Design of our new home...

Our floor plan:

layoutyj1.jpg

We have decided on the design we wanted...propose to Mr K...He design in on the floor plan..Below is the proposed design...but there are some changes....

Proposed Design:

proposedlayoutdg9.jpg

The design will not have the following:

No vanity area in MBR..

No top hung cabinet in both bedrooms..

The entrance foyer tiles will be shifted to the access area (Access area bought alredi)

No false ceiling at entrance foyer too..

We guess that's all for now..

how much do you think your reno will cost you? your reno work looks very extensive. am checking around costs now coz my quotation (3-room corridor same as yours) now works out to $19000 - very high considering mine is very very basic and am not even doing my floor, or kitchen walls etc!

how much do you think your reno will cost you? your reno work looks very extensive. am checking around costs now coz my quotation (3-room corridor same as yours) now works out to $19000 - very high considering mine is very very basic and am not even doing my floor, or kitchen walls etc!

Mine is a complete overhaul...cos the previous owner did not maintain the flat...very bad condition.....so far most contractors have quoted me above $35k...which is very expensive...even after cutting down some things...But we got ourself a good deal with our current ID...Bravo to him...Hope all the reno will go smoothly in Feb....

Hmm...u r not doing ur flooring is alreadi costing $19k...very ex...Maybe cos of your carpentary work? I find alot of quotes are ex due to tiles & carpentary work.

Edited by bubbli

Mine is a complete overhaul...cos the previous owner did not maintain the flat...very bad condition.....so far most contractors have quoted me above $35k...which is very expensive...even after cutting down some things...But we got ourself a good deal with our current ID...Bravo to him...Hope all the reno will go smoothly in Feb....

Hmm...u r not doing ur flooring is alreadi costing $19k...very ex...Maybe cos of your carpentary work? I find alot of quotes are ex due to tiles & carpentary work.

Hi bubbli...can you tell me how much your ID quoted you? You can PM me if not convenient to post here....thanks...:) :)

K Since floor plan doesn't show the area...So went to find out the area of the Our Small Box:

75m2 for the whole house

4m2 for the access area

Hmm considered big for 3 room flat...So hepi... :dancingqueen:

List of things we r doing to our Small Box:

Demolition works

Hacking for living hall/ dining hall flooring

Hacking for all bedrooms existing skirting

Hacking for kitchen wall and floor tiles

Hacking for both bathroom wall and floor tiles

Dismantle and dispose off of existing kitchen cabinet/sink support

Dismantle and dispose of existing both bathroom pedestal pans

Dismantle and dispose of existing both bathroom wash basin

Dismantle and dispose of both bathroom door / door frames

Masonry works

Supply and lay Grade A 2ft x2ft homogenous flooring for living/ dining c/w skirtings & all bedroom c/w wooden skirting

Supply and lay heavy-duty homogenous/ceramic flooring for kitchen ( c/w 5 years warranty )

Supply and lay non-slip homogenous/ceramic flooring for both bathrooms ( c/w 5 years warranty )

Supply and screed smooth wall surface for kitchen wall area

Supply and lay full height designers' ceramic wall tiles for both bathrooms ( c/w 5 years warranty )

Application of water proofing membrane for kitchen and both bathrooms ( c/w 5 years warranty )

Plumbing works

Supply labour and materials to change exposed copper piping to stainless steel for kitchen and both bathrooms ( cold )

Supply labour & materials to run washing machine inlet/outlet pipe

Supply labour and material to run sink inlet/outlet pipe

Supply labour to install 2 sets pedestal pans and wash basins

Supply labour to install 2 sets instant heater

Electrical works

Supply labour and materials to re-wire the whole house

Living/ Dining/ Entrance foyer -Supply labour and materials

Supply labour and tools to hack off existing wall between living and kitchen

Supply labour and materials to make good wall surface after hacking using EP cement

Supply and lay design/ wash pebbles flooring for access entrance include labour and tiles

Supply labour and materials to level up partial kitchen flooring to living using EPF foam and wire mesh

Design and fabricate full ht timber divider between living and dining area ( x04 nos )

Custom made bar counter in laminate finish

Custom made fibrous 18" depth L-box above Tv area c/w cove lightings facing sofa and dining area

Custom made fibrous plaster false ceiling for bar counter area

Wiring and installation of x 13 nos PLC lights/light holders c/w designer switches

Master bedroom - Supply labour and materials

Design and fabricate full ht casement wardrobe in finish c/w all custom fittings/ drawers ( c/w 1 year full warranty )

Bedroom 2 - Supply labour and materials

Design and fabricate L-shaped full ht casement wardrobe in finish c/w all custom fittings/ drawers ( c/w 1 year full warranty )

Kitchen - Supply labour and materials

Supply and construct fridge base c/w tiles finishing

Supply and construct kitchen cabinet base c/w tiles finishing

Supply and construct washing machine base c/w tiles finishing

Design and fabricate Top and Bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finish c/w ABS trimming solid ply doors incl. full ht storage cabinet and box up for sewage pipe area

Supply and install 2pcs glass panels

Supply and install stainless steel dish rack

Custom made solid surface top for kitchen worktop c/w 3" fascia include backsplash

Custom made glass/stainless steel backing between Top and Bottom kitchen cabinet

Supply and install stainless steel rubbish chute

Both Bathrooms - Supply labour and materials

Supply and construct shower kerb/ step for master bathroom

Conversion from squat to sitting pedestal pan for common bathroom

Miscellaneous

Supply and install white powdered-coated Aluminium bi-fold door for both bathrooms

Supply and install cloth hanger in kitchen

Supply and lay tiles for entrance steps c/w hacking of existing floor finish

Supply and change solid wooden door frame for 2 bedrooms and storeroom

Supply labour to install whole house necessary accessories (curtain track/ bathroom accessories)

Quality plastering for whole house c/w angle bar protection

Supply labour and material to do painting for the whole house using ICI/Nippon paint c/w (5+1) colour including all door frame,door and piping

Supply and install Bronze/ silver Aluminium window grille for whole house

Supply and install Quality wrought iron grille for main entrance

Supply and install fire rated main door c/w testing include lockset

Haulage and debris removal fees including supply of sand and up lading of all renovation materials and clearence of debris upon completion

Application of HDB permits

Lay protection sheet for flooring

Chemical washing for whole unit flooring

K some photos of new home...(existing condition)...not much cos photos taken from valuation report....Sadly our 1st appt has been postponed to mid Feb cos of our S***** Agent....Really frustrated...

Existing-Living-Room.th.jpgExisting-Kitchen.th.jpg

Existing-Bathroom.th.jpgExisting-Bathroom.th.jpg

Edited by bubbli