Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
forkie

==e Fork & Spoon ==d Lovely Drawer

Well, was thinking to blog something on the tedious path to finally have our own home.

Lets see..... Everything started on Nov 08

Been casually looking for 4rms in CCK area since in laws are very willing to look after my preicous dotter as my wife n I are working adults.

Found a nice looking flat just opposite my in law flat.

Pros:

Unblock all over. Great breeze

Super near my in Laws

Not facing Sun which is perfect.

Actually I was thinking to hold on longer since market weren't good. Price should drop further in property.

But this 1 is just too ideal to drop. Seal the deal on the spot @ 295k COV slash to 5k for immediate deal hehehe :)

So rest follow as bla bla 1st appt ... sign sign sign... wait wait wait..

Finally 2nd appt on March and wala ~ I am a proud owner for the 1st time :D

So let see.... Here is the floorplan of my newly acquired home.

floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Allright !

So since I had my keys, time for some actual pictures of place.

Entrance

3576953646_24f5e4617a.jpg

Storeroom

3576954138_4c3471ac57.jpg

This will have to go. Why HDB built a storeroom which took the some of the space of a bedroom ? I dont get it

Bedroom3

3576954556_1680e5d44e.jpg

Bedroom 3 inside view

3576150797_e7e4f78661.jpg

Another view which you can see the storeroom is eating the bedroom space.

Bedroom 3 another view

3576955578_489b3621f7.jpg

Always having headache with Walls like this.

Living room

3576961508_60056d4206.jpg

Another view

3576961978_5afa7689f8.jpg

Balcony

3576156651_b5881fbbb8.jpg

Balcony again

3576156191_0aa62565a5.jpg

Here is my main problem.... This balcony is open ! No roof ! OMG !

Dining area

3576953116_4f434a2aa0.jpg

Dining area another view

3576959962_e4f581497f.jpg

MBR

3576151815_69a8bb4267.jpg

Love the view.... unblock !

MBR 2

3576152355_0cb35e570b.jpg

If only all the walls in my hse will be like this....

MBR toliet

3576957066_d8b9c85fb7.jpg

Well everything got to go !

Kitchen

3576958930_020a34a2c8.jpg

Kitchen again

3576154245_889eb7d980.jpg

Open concept kitchen... not that im a fan of that but i dont really have much of a choice.

Common Toliet

3576155241_4c04f966ee.jpg

Well all got to go as well !

Overall the conditions of this flat is still pretty good for its age. (20yr old)

Still, almost nothing will stay.... gotta total revamp this place man.

The main problem will be the balcony.

Even though, it big and squarish... I dont like it expose with no roof.

Any 1 can throw litter down or worst prone to burglary.

So i have to check out the neighbourhood with smilar flat structure like mine to see if any1 did roofing.

Manage to find 1 hehehe !

3577090446_0ac980a7bc.jpg

Had a chat with the lady owner and yes ! She said that can be approved by HDB.

Problem 1 solved ! hehehe

So i guess its time for getting an ID to redesign my dream home !

Edited by forkie

The search for the right ID......

got naggin from my wife that we have not even started anything yet where we already have our hse.

So I just got a Home and Decor book and start emailling all the ID firms with my layout.

Turn out pretty disasterous !

Received too much response and have to attend alot calls and meet up with various IDs....

I guess about 20+ including relative and friends recommendations.

Finally managed to shortlist a few as below

BH Design

Orangecube

Mycenean

Living Icon

Desizn Inn

Living icon

Was impressed by Lving icon presenation and their 3D of the kitchen. However the price was really on the high side and their follow up was kinda slow.

Till date still haven get to see their showflat.

Mycenean

Nice layout of ceiling plan.

Pricing is still acceptable but the pricing of full rewiring really put me off. Quote me 3.7k for a 4room HDB.

Showflat was pretty ok but since it is still in progress, the finishing does not seems done yet. Thus the sight does make me worried if there will be final touch up or this is it.

Desizn Inn

Friend Bf.

Gave the best pricing but sadly have some idea conflict with the ID

Since my balcony will be covered, I want to hack the walls to merge with living room.

Id keep insist there is a small column together with the balcony wall thus if hack, the cloumn will remain.

Solution is having a shoe rack wrap around as a design but i find it too weird for a shoerack in the middle of nowhere.

Orangecube

Cant deny I am very very tempted to sign them.

Was impressed by the showflat even though it is an ongoing proj and not completed.

The workmanship finishing was good and so is the design too.

Pricing was slightly on the high side but for the workmanship and design can be accepted.

BH Design

Wife's Cousin's cousin o__O

Initially was not very impressed. ID was like immersed in her own world when she start to imagine and suggest how to do up the hse.

She could not seem to hear my opinions during her self talking ordeal. Took some time to sort things out with her and met her design manager as well.

Was a good discussion and they able to try and accomodate my requirements. Even went consult PE and check with HDB for the problem balcony "column" to try find a solution for it.

Turn out the "column" was a stiffener and can be hack ! So yeah.... they got the deal for that good initiative. :)

Edited by forkie

Welcome to the forum, forkie!

So have you found the ID? Tell us your journey of ID hunting....

hi ! wow !

I didnt expect to have pple at this hr lol

Yup after some gruelling weeks.... finally signed a deal with 1 coy ^_^

The search for the right ID......

got naggin from my wife that we have not even started anything yet where we already have our hse.

So I just got a Home and Decor book and start emailling all the ID firms with my layout.

Turn out pretty disasterous !

Received too much response and have to attend alot calls and meet up with various IDs....

I guess about 20+ including relative and friends recommendations.

Finally managed to shortlist a few as below

BH Design

Orangecube

Mycenean

Living Icon

Desizn Inn

Living icon

Was impressed by Lving icon presenation and their 3D of the kitchen. However the price was really on the high side and their follow up was kinda slow.

Till date still haven get to see their showflat.

Mycenean

Nice layout of ceiling plan.

Pricing is still acceptable but the pricing of full rewiring really put me off. Quote me 3.7k for a 4room HDB.

Showflat was pretty ok but since it is still in progress, the finishing does not seems done yet. Thus the sight does make me worried if there will be final touch up or this is it.

Desizn Inn

Friend Bf.

Gave the best pricing but sadly have some idea conflict with the ID

Since my balcony will be covered, I want to hack the walls to merge with living room.

Id keep insist there is a small column together with the balcony wall thus if hack, the cloumn will remain.

Solution is having a shoe rack wrap around as a design but i find it too weird for a shoerack in the middle of nowhere.

Orangecube

Cant deny I am very very tempted to sign them.

Was impressed by the showflat even though it is an ongoing proj and not completed.

The workmanship finishing was good and so is the design too.

Pricing was slightly on the high side but for the workmanship and design can be accepted.

BH Design

Wife's Cousin's cousin o__O

Initially was not very impressed. ID was like immersed in her own world when she start to imagine and suggest how to do up the hse.

She could not seem to hear my opinions during her self talking ordeal. Took some time to sort things out with her and met her design manager as well.

Was a good discussion and they able to try and accomodate my requirements. Even went consult PE and check with HDB for the problem balcony "column" to try find a solution for it.

Turn out the "column" was a stiffener and can be hack ! So yeah.... they got the deal for that good initiative. :)

Hi, glad you have decided on the ID. You are able to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of the various IDs so your decision should be good.

For me, I will be making my decision in the next few days. I have 13 quotations and have shortlisted to the last three. Just need to view a showflat and we will be able to make our decision.

hi ! wow !

I didnt expect to have pple at this hr lol

Yup after some gruelling weeks.... finally signed a deal with 1 coy ^_^

Haha, too many things on the mind, could not sleep well so got out of bed at 4+.

Finalizing the details of the reno, so the mind is occupied most of the time.

your 4 room looks big and that balcony space is a nice space!! If got that space I'll turn it into play area for my boys! with roof of course.

Will stay tune for your house make over. Happy renovating!

is yours near Lot 1?

The open balcony is good! You need not worry about rain or shine and a nice open space for your gal! and your 4room is very spacious!