Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sue79

Huggies's @ Admiralty Drive

Finally!!! A BLoG that entails the journey of the creation of my precious abode...a place to be called a 'HOME', 'LOVENEST' etc. by many here in RT...Looking forward to learn & share the many good stuffs involving renovation and such... :)

Oh!! Before I forget, thanks to Rondy... for 'instigating' me to start this blog which I have procastinated long enuff...Well, it's something +ve right anyway, so here I am...Thanks Rondy!!...Betta help me along hor now that I have started this...Looking forward to your millions opinion, advice & such aite!!! :D

To the rest of RTalkers, Harlowwwwww to all of ya yeah!!...Feel free to contribute, care & share yeah...Care Bear Shareeeeeeee!!! :P

Luv,

HuGGieS

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
welcome to RT!

-Thanks OSSIFY!!!

Welcome Sue! :sport-smiley-004:

I presume your reno gonna start soon after sooooooo Long!!!

Hope you enjoy the journey of building your beautiful home!

:yamseng:

-HeLLooo bro!!Reno started yesterday...I'll be updating the blog soon...still trying to get the hang of RT...hihihi...

Welcome to RT!

I am living in Admiralty also...where is your new place located? :D

- HeLLooo...its located @ Admiralty Dr.hmm...Blk 359C...the cluster of blocks with that irritating & odd semi-circle balcony... :)

Congrates congrates and hope u have a smooth reno journey. :D

- Thanks Angel81...Looking fwd to learning & sharing from you guys...the PROs!!!...I'm still green in all these reno stuff... :(

- Thanks Angel81...Looking fwd to learning & sharing from you guys...the PROs!!!...I'm still green in all these reno stuff... :(

Hee.. I not reno-pro lar. Just like to chit chat. hahahaha :P Hehe, reno started yesterday, so that means we'll get to see hacking pics? :P

Edited by Angel81

-Thanks OSSIFY!!!

-HeLLooo bro!!Reno started yesterday...I'll be updating the blog soon...still trying to get the hang of RT...hihihi...

- HeLLooo...its located @ Admiralty Dr.hmm...Blk 359C...the cluster of blocks with that irritating & odd semi-circle balcony... :)

Oh I know where is your place now :) Mine is at blk 862 :)

All the best, Sue! :)

-Thanks Dear!!

Hee.. I not reno-pro lar. Just like to chit chat. hahahaha :P Hehe, reno started yesterday, so that means we'll get to see hacking pics? :P

-Yeah..yeah...soon..the ever-glamourous hacked state every house go thru in a major overhaul... :D

welcome n wish u a smooth reno journey! :)

-Thanks dear for your well wishes...I'm hoping all will turn out well...

Welcome to RT-blog woodlander :)

I think yr house also near mine :)

-Not Woodlander leh...Sembawang-ians to be exact... :D

Oh I know where is your place now :) Mine is at blk 862 :)

-Oh ok...I know oredi where... :)

Hello and welcome. Wishing you a smooth reno journey =)

-Thank you..thank you FISH!!... :D

Hi sue!Are u still doing platform in your brother room? :P

so when is your hand-over date? :unsure:

No leh...not doing platform liao...wait too much carpentry jialat...bigger hole in pocket!!... :D

Handover??...Yeak says will take abt 6-8wks lor...so I think should be between end Jan & probably mid-Feb...Hope can finish earlier ard end Jan, gd enuff..

*I'm still trying to get the hang of this RT web...learning to post pics etc...See..I've proudly entered the signature portion liao...hahaha...like dat oso can be happy you know...!!

After a heartaching moment with Photobucket, I've finally managed to post my floorplan...Well, its similar to some RTalkers unit & I believe most of you find this plan pretty common.. :) Nevertheless, its quite a challenging task for myself & the husband to re-organise the layout of the unit to suit our needs. Especially the tiny kitchen which made it impossible for us to make do with.

Floorplan.jpg

Our reno search for ideas, sourcing for best quotes, interesting & practical ideas began way back in early August when we have just excercised our OTP. Met up with interesting people including IDs, contractors & sales people throughout our months of search...and after much consideration, we finally felt confident enuff to go with a contractor rather than an ID as we sumhow already had an idea on what we gonna do. And the trusted man to man our fort is none other than Mr Yeak from Basic Image, a rather popular figure in RT also rite... ;)

Btw, here's what we plan to do. Dun expect to see those stylo mylo 3D layouts, plans etc. ok??..Me no expert...I only good with ABCs...so it will be words...words....words & pictures only...as in photographs taken using camera only ar... :)

Living:-

- Feature wall to cover household shelter

- Feature wall/ Suspended TV console on the wall same side as household shelter

- Shoe cabinet

- To remove sliding door & level up balcony for a longer living area

- To hack walls of bedroom 1 to make way for dining

Kitchen:

- To hack kitchen wall and extend kitchen towards dining area in floorplan

- To construct half bottom false wall & install glass for top to enclose the extended kitchen

Dining (Room 1 in Floorplan):

- Hack walls to adjoin Living & Dining

MBR:-

- To remove existing laminate & walk-in-wardrobe

- Retain existing platform. Only to replace laminate.

- Construct 7ft built-in wardrobe

- Construct shelves for computer at rounded area

Bedroom 2:- (For parents)

- Construct 4.5ft built-in wardrobe

Study Room (To convert to bedroom for younger bro):-

- Construct 4ft built-in wardrobe

- Construct shelves for computer

Common & MBR Toilets:-

- Fix panel shower screen

- Simple wash basin top

- Seal up existing door to MBR bathroom. Relocate door to near room entrance.

Flooring/Wall Tiles:-

- Hack & replace living, dining, kitchen & 2 toilets floor tiles with homo

- Hack & replace wall tiles for kitchen & 2 toilets

- Overlay laminate for MBR and 2 other rooms

Others:

- Painting of whole unit

- Electrical works to be discussed

- False ceilings for foyer right thru to pasaageway to rooms & MBR

- L-Box for living & dining

- Install windows & aluminium grilles for balcony

- Install aluminium grilles for all other windows

More to come... :D

Edited by Sue79

wow!u are fast learner! :good:

so how much is your total quote now? :unsure:

Quick learn to post picture,and post here! :D

Fast learner??..Ok only lar...trial & error...

Total quote??...Hmm...plus, minus still abt $40K lor...But I think quite ok since its major overhaul & involves quite a no.of walls to be hacked down etc.

Ok..ok...wait lah...yesterday only 1st day start reno...still long way to go...But cant expect to see so many pics hor...coz I can't afford go there see everyday. Far leh...me now residing at Jurong bah!! But if I go down see ar...rest assure I take many² pics alrite??...Ok...stay tuned...